Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't find any Duathlons

Options
  • 09-08-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I'm looking on RunIreland and triathlonireland but there doesn't seem to be many after the summer. Is it just a summer thing? I'd love to do a
    Tri but can't swim very well and don't have time to improve just now. I've done adventure Tri's before and happy to do again but there are not
    many of those either. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Winter and spring are generally duathlon season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

most of the duathlons are feb to april. not a lot on during the summer when the water is warm enough for tri

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

These are great, did two last year. Signed up for all three this year.

2nd on this Saturday, you can sign up on the day.

they are well run and the course is good, pretty much flat on the bike with a nice run through Donadea Forrest Park.

Serious, serious amount of food at the finish line :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

I'm looking on RunIreland and triathlonireland but there doesn't seem to be many after the summer. Is it just a summer thing? I'd love to do a
    Tri but can't swim very well and don't have time to improve just now. I've done adventure Tri's before and happy to do again but there are not
    many of those either. Am I missing something?

http://www.coalfacerace.ie/ this is on in September

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Donadea very good.  Did all 3 last year.  might do the september one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Donadea on this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Mallow tri club have duathalon on 26th Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Some really good options in there, not sure if I'll be ready for the one on 26th of this month but defo do the DONADEA and Widl2Wild hopefully the COALFACE one too. If there was any into on other TRIs that didn't involve swimming that's be great.

On an other note, if anybody had any info on good swimming lessons in the City or North city centre I'd love to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

this time of year youl have multisport / adventure races as well.. either a combination of run bike run bike .. with varying surfaces and hill running or sometimes a kayak thrown in there as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Really like all of these, Donadea is on same date a Achill, and I really want to do Achill but I have 10k on in
    Blessington on the Sunday so idk, it'll be a tough decision. Wild2Wild looks great too so I can maybe do that instead of Achill.
    Coalface is great too and will defo do that if I don't do the Wild2Wild

So it's
    Donadea Duathlon 9th Sept - Kildare
    Achill 2017 Tri 9th - Mayo
    Lakes 10k 10th Sept - Wicklo
    Coalface Duathlon 21st - Kilkenny
    Wild2Wild Duathlon 30th - Mayo

I've to do three of the 5. Tough choices

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Is there a medal or tshirt for the Donadea races?

there is a t shirt, if you signed up for the whole race series, 3 races.

They were handing them out at the first race.

Not sure if they were some being given out at race 2.

they said that last year but I got nothing :)

this year they said the t shirts would be available at the 3rd race, but they were there beside the registration tables on day one.

but yeah, i dont recall seeing them last year. Signed up for all three but only managed to get to two of them, im assuming i just missed out.

I did all 3 last year even in the crappy weather and I didn't get a t shirt.

the food after all 3 races was worth it so I didn't really mind :)

oh the food is savage....

• Advertisement
Advertisement