Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a house in negative equity

Options
  • 09-08-2017 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I'll try keep this as short & simple as possible.

We currently own 2 properties, 1 we live in at the moment with a mortgage on it & one we bought for cash & have renovated with the view to moving into it in the next fortnight.
    We currently owe €225000 on the mortgage & the property is sale agreed for €205000. The bank are willing to let us sell & pay the balance of €20000 off over 5 years. The problem is we want to have the estate agents & solicitors fees (€4,000 total) taken from the sales price as we don't have the money to pay them out straight ourselves but the bank are refusing, they want the whole sale price.
    I don't understand why they are putting this road block up, we are happy to pay the subsequent balance of €24000 over the 5 years, we have been paying alot more in mortgage payments for the past 8 years & have never even been late on a single payment.
    I am close to just surrendering the property to them & letting them do what they want with it (I've no need for it anymore) but I like to do things right which is what I've been trying to do since April but I also feel painted into a corner.

Any advice would be so appriecated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod: OP, I have moved your thread to the main accommodation and property forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

credit union loan for 4k to pay the fees ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Get a credit card with avantcard. Transfer 4 grand to your bank account. They will lend this to you at 12.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Honestly, we have begged, borrowed & stole (not literally) over the past 2 years renovating our new house that loans aren't really an option hence us wanting to spread the €4000 out over the 5 years along with the residual balance.

Advertisement