Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator pursuing a vendetta against me

Options
  • 09-08-2017 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

I have reasons to believe that a moderator on the soccer forum holds a grudge against me and is going above and beyond to have me permanently banned from the soccer forum. Is this the correct place to pursue this?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is the correct place. You were asked to start a thread here in your current dispute thread, and I think it best that appeal is dealt with before this complaint. Hence we'll ask the Sports CMods to look at the appeal initially (although recognising your wider complaint remains to be dealt with)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Beasty wrote: »
    This is the correct place. You were asked to start a thread here in your current dispute thread, and I think it best that appeal is dealt with before this complaint. Hence we'll ask the Sports CMods to look at the appeal initially (although recognising your wider complaint remains to be dealt with)

Ok fair enough, I will focus first on the yellow card appeal in the dispute forum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As your dispute thread is now concluded I'll comment here

As a prior Sports CMod I have seen plenty of comments about your posting over the years both within the Soccer forum and amongst the Soccer mods, as well as dealing with at least one of your disputes. The problem here is you are a low-level troll. Continually trying to skirt inside the rules and making it more difficult for the mods to pin stuff on you. "Low-level troll" is hardly something they can put in a ban or card message.

Your use of the term "Man Utd Boards" is a prime example of your behaviour. I counted 33 examples of this by doing a simple search of your posts in the forum.

Because you wind so many across the forum up, some have reacted. Your response is to now brand them as bullies. I'm not taking any of that and will give you an ultimatum in addition to that given by hullaballoo in upholding your recent yellow card. Reform you posting or you will be permabanned from the Soccer Forum

To anyone with access to the Soccer forum reading this - do not react to anything posted by Andersonisgod - report it and let the mods deal with it. Likewise there are to be no comments about him, his dispute thread or this Help Desk thread either direct or indirect.

As your dispute thread is now concluded I'll comment here

As a prior Sports CMod I have seen plenty of comments about your posting over the years both within the Soccer forum and amongst the Soccer mods, as well as dealing with at least one of your disputes. The problem here is you are a low-level troll. Continually trying to skirt inside the rules and making it more difficult for the mods to pin stuff on you. "Low-level troll" is hardly something they can put in a ban or card message.

Your use of the term "Man Utd Boards" is a prime example of your behaviour. I counted 33 examples of this by doing a simple search of your posts in the forum.

Because you wind so many across the forum up, some have reacted. Your response is to now brand them as bullies. I'm not taking any of that and will give you an ultimatum in addition to that given by hullaballoo in upholding your recent yellow card. Reform you posting or you will be permabanned from the Soccer Forum

To anyone with access to the Soccer forum reading this - do not react to anything posted by Andersonisgod - report it and let the mods deal with it. Likewise there are to be no comments about him, his dispute thread or this Help Desk thread either direct or indirect.

Before I make my case, I object to being called a low level troll. How ridiculously unfair a footing is that to be starting out on? It's also not very cordial is it? Worth noting that, unlike you in the quoted comment and others, I've never resorted to insulting any member of this Board.

Also you say you count 33 instances of me using Man Itd Boards. Can you show me examples of where I've used that phrase provocatively? Or in a trolling fashion? Do that and I'm sure I can find plenty of posts containing the initials AIG that blatantly break charter and yet have gone unsurprisingly unpunished.

You are a low level troll and you know it. Any more treading the line and I will ensure your access to the Soccer forum is removed

• Advertisement

You are a low level troll and you know it. Any more treading the line and I will ensure your access to the Soccer forum is removed

I don't know it. The fact that I've asked for 1 example of me using "Man Utd Boards" in a trolling manner, and you've managed to find 33 examples of me using the phrase, and can't bring a single one forward without me finding a far worse example of "AIG" being used in a comment that invariably went unpunished rather proves my point. This whole thing is a stitch up, nothing more.

Here's the thing, I had planned on putting forward my case, but really what's the point when you, the person who is supposed to be overseeing this, clearly wants me gone. One of your moderators is pursues a vendetta against me, lies to me, ignores BULLYING, and yet I'm the one having to defend a nonsense phrase like "Man Utd Boards" when you yourself can't find a single example of it being used in a trolling manner. Nonsense.

I think I've been pretty reasonable to Boards.ie. I've been here now for almost 5 years. In that time I've had a poster reveal my Xbox profile, I've had posters trawl the internet to find my other online identities (that poster went unpunished), I've had posters give out my social media details (poster also went unpunished) and I can quite confidently say that outside of the Thunderdome Board I've been the victim of the most homophobic abuse that any poster on Boards.ie has ever had to endure. I've not taken it nearly as seriously as some might, but equally I've never had the protection that the moderators of this, or any, online platform should offer their users.

So since I've returned from my previous ban it's been clear that the approach to me in moderation has gone from minimal to nonexistent to now outright hostile. Moderators calling me a troll publicly, moderators hurling the occasional insult my way on the board, c-mods baiting me for a reaction. Rather than doing what a moderator is there for in the first place, it is the moderators themselves who have gone out of their way to draw me into issues not football related.

All of this while I'm harassed constantly by bullies who have realised over the last few months that they can basically say or do whatever they like risk free where it concerns me and as a result have grown more brave with how far they'll push the envelope. Seems to me that I'm fair game for harassment, poster-baiting and bullying. Unlike you, if you want examples of these I'll be able to provide them. Yet no punishment.

Which leads me to this. It's plain as day that this is a directive the mods have in regards to me, that the charter absolutely does not apply to me when it comes to protecting me but that clearly I'll be banned for anything, even something as ridiculously stupid as "Man Utd Boards" even when a moderator can lie about having previously warned me about using the term, even when you cannot provide a single example of it being used in a trolling manner. So if the charter is not being applied to me, but is to all other posters, how does that work? Because in my mind that seems eerily like discrimination, if one set of posters have certain rights and protections but another poster does not have these rights and protections that to me looks like the very definition of discrimination.

It's obvious that this is the case and has been for quite some time now, and really the only reason I am even posting this message is because I want you to admit it, I want to read you writing the words that I, Andersonisgod, broke your charter. Because that's what's happened.

OK - some recent examples:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104313172&postcount=3707 (Strange, could've sworn I read lots of negative Neymar season reviews from Man Utd Boards)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103384190&postcount=315 (I guess they don't call me the scourge of Man Utd Boards for nothing. )
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103297288&postcount=78 (has Man Utd Boards revealed itself as being illiterate?)

I reckon you've used the term 27 times over the past year, usually to belittle individual or groups of Man Utd fans posting in the forum. In fact it's not low level trolling - on that scale it's blatant out and out trolling

You also bring up your other online accounts and accuse posters of following you around ("had posters trawl the internet to find my other online identities"), but your current signature is:

"Other posters repping my Twitter, I'm kind of a big deal... "

Looks to me like you encourage others to try and follow you on your Twitter account

That brings me to my main point. Yes I know what your Twitter account is, but I will not post details here. You complain about bullies here who follow you around there. That ignores the fact you actually admitted on your Twitter account to trolling the Soccer forum. Is there any wonder those you encourage to follow you on Twitter seeing those comments react in a negative fashion to you over here. And you accuse them of bullying!

So I'll ask you a simple question. Will you now cut out this trolling altogether and post in a non-provocative way on the site, and in particular in the Soccer Forum? A yes or no will suffice

So I'll ask you a simple question. Will you now cut out this trolling altogether and post in a non-provocative way on the site, and in particular in the Soccer Forum? A yes or no will suffice
    I am awaiting your response

OK I'll give you another 24 hours to reply. If you don't I will assume you no longer wish to continue posting in the Soccer forum and remove your access

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement