Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please welcome your new overlords....

• 10-08-2017 12:21am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Weepsie and magicbastarder have agreed to help out with the modding around here. And just to be clear Weepsie’s username should not be taken as an indication of softness, and the other one was not chosen for his magic qualities….

Best of luck guys - any questions just ask Captain Havoc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

What is the most creative punishment you have lined up for the "all cyclists are" brigade that have been known to raid these parts?

What is your bribe of choice?

To MB - How much of your name do you live up to?

Chapeau to all !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Better have a hi-vis banhammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭cython

Best of luck to the both. I can't help but be tickled by the final line of the moderators list now, almost suggesting the two of them could simply be two names used by the one person (apologies to nee, not suggesting she is just a word!):

424785.PNG"]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a word of warning. i am slow to anger, and quick to forget. or the other way around. not quite sure. this is complicated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we get to edit the prices to suit ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭guanciale

Eight moderators and an administrator must make this one of the most over-moderated sites on boards.ie
    Not questioning the immense effort, dedication or indeed quality of moderation, simply the sheer amount of it. Anyway, welcome I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

guanciale wrote: »
    Eight moderators and an administrator must make this one of the most over-moderated sites on boards.ie
    Not questioning the immense effort, dedication or indeed quality of moderation, simply the sheer amount of it. Anyway, welcome I guess.

I'm one of 2 mods on a far far quieter site and the workload can get very intense even there at times.

Congrats to the new Mods and fair play for volunteering your time and effort. It is appreciated even by those who cross their paths at times ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I think the Mods here do a great job.
    Fair play to them for taking on, what I'm sure is a pretty thankless job.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

guanciale wrote: »
    Just to be clear I am no longer a mod around here. A couple of the mods have been quite busy in real life recently spending less time on the site. This forum is also one of the busiest on the site at certain times during the year.

The good news is you have a great team of mods who keep things running smoothly around here, across 3 (not 1) forums, and clean up a load of crap deposited occasionally by unwelcome visitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Weepsie wrote: »
    Mods get a discount in the adverts section right?

You get a hidden motor and micro-doses of EPO instead of the usual coke & hookers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I think the Mods here do a great job.
    Fair play to them for taking on, what I'm sure is a pretty thankless job.

+1 to this, fair play for taking it on. We do appreciate the great mods around here although it's rarely mentioned :).

Advertisement