Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir fibre packages

Options
  • 10-08-2017 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi, when someone migrates from PB ADSL to PB FTTC, is the broadband usage then unlimited?

( I understand there is a 1TB fair usage policy)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

kbell wrote: »
    Hi, when someone migrates from PB ADSL to PB FTTC, is the broadband usage then unlimited?

Cheers

Hi, any update please?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cheers
    all Eir packages have the same 1tb fair usage policy regardless of package or speed from ADSL to FTTC and all FTTH speed plans. It does seem a bit crazy that those paying for up to 100 meg FTTC and especially those on 150,300 and 1000 meg FTTH are expected to stick with the same fair usage policy as someone who is on basic ADSL. Eir do not offer unlimited data usage on any residential products or services. There isn't even an option to choose a higher data limit fair usage policy e.g. 2tb, 3tb or 4tb etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

I've got and Eir ADSL package (7Mb/s), and the online dsl checker ( dslstats.eir.ie  ) say's that I have a 50GB download limit. I have never gone over this limit until last month when sister and kids stayed for 2 weeks, they be watching youtube alot. havent got bill yet, so not sure if i'll be charged extra for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gonzo wrote: »

Cheers
    all Eir packages have the same 1tb fair usage policy regardless of package or speed from ADSL to FTTC and all FTTH speed plans. It does seem a bit crazy that those paying for up to 100 meg FTTC and especially those on 150,300 and 1000 meg FTTH are expected to stick with the same fair usage policy as someone who is on basic ADSL. Eir do not offer unlimited data usage on any residential products or services. There isn't even an option to choose a higher data limit fair usage policy e.g. 2tb, 3tb or 4tb etc.
    Careful now Gonzo. Not all packages are 1TB FUP. NGA and NGB are which is most subscribers but legacy bitstream are still on 10/30/50GB. Iioklo is likely on one of said.

Bill shock on said can be significant so wouldnt like to encourage anyone to go wild without checking. 

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ED E wrote: »
    Gonzo wrote: »

Cheers
    Careful now Gonzo. Not all packages are 1TB FUP. NGA and NGB are which is most subscribers but legacy bitstream are still on 10/30/50GB. Iioklo is likely on one of said.

Bill shock on said can be significant so wouldnt like to encourage anyone to go wild without checking. 
    sorry about that, I didn't realise there were still 10/30/50 gig data caps still around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Cheers
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All of our new FTTC plans are unlimited so if you are upgrading you will receive unlimited broadband with a 1TB fair usage limit.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

All of our new FTTC plans are unlimited so if you are upgrading you will receive unlimited broadband with a 1TB fair usage limit.

- Adam

Thanks for the reply Adam, the reason I'm starting this thread is that, I upgraded to fttc a few years back and was put on an unlimited (1tb fair usage) plan.
    Shortly afterwards my inlaws did the same, this month they got hit with a excessive usage charge for broadband, on investigation I noticed they're on a 30gb per month plan and most probably have been since the start.
    Surely they shouldn't have been placed on this and it's an oversight on Eircom/eir's side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam

Thanks for the reply Adam, the reason I'm starting this thread is that, I upgraded to fttc a few years back and was put on an unlimited (1tb fair usage) plan.
    Shortly afterwards my inlaws did the same, this month they got hit with a excessive usage charge for broadband, on investigation I noticed they're on a 30gb per month plan and most probably have been since the start.
    Surely they shouldn't have been placed on this and it's an oversight on Eircom/eir's side?
    We used to have a 30GB plan for our fibre broadband so this could have been what your in-laws signed up for. 

This plan doesn't exist for customers signing up to fibre anymore, however, if a customer signed up to this plan when it was available they would remain on it unless they contacted us and requested to change to our unlimited plan.

- Adam

Advertisement