Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whatsapp scam?

• 10-08-2017 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I got a phone call on my mobile from +353816170810 some guy, -Steve I think- who said "I see you very day when you go for coffee i stare at you and you stare at me and I like you so much i got your number. I know you like me too" First i thought it was wrong number and said that. He just went on and then asked me to look at some whatsapp thing. i do not have that and told him to get lost by that time. Anyone know what that is about

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I got a phone call on my mobile from +353816170810 some guy, -Steve I think- who said "I see you very day when you go for coffee i stare at you and you stare at me and I like you so much i got your number. I know you like me too" First i thought it was wrong number and said that. He just went on and then asked me to look at some whatsapp thing. i do not have that and told him to get lost by that time. Anyone know what that is about

I work on the assumption that anything or anyone contacting me on my phone, that I don't know, is a scam.

In saying that though, this is more of a stalkerish vibe. Contact the guards of you feel in anyway unsettled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

stalkerish? you think so? I cannot see such a pathethic ruse working on anyone. He saw me in the coffe shop and got my number? why would i think the coffee shop people have my number.? Even the nigerian prince is a better story than that

Not worried just curious. he wanted me to go on the app or look at it so maybe he wanted to send something. i don't have the app or know about it

Advertisement