Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone guess what's going on

Options
  • 10-08-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

So I came across a house I like on daft, contacted the estate agent who told me that as per their clients instructions viewings are on hold at present, the estate agent insisted the house is still for sale but cannot give a time frame of when they can show the house, why continue to advertise the house if in reality it's not really for sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Maybe they've suffered a bereavement or something, and need some headspace before viewings? Or they're away on holidays, but don't want to advertise that fact. Or someone's sick, and they don't want people traipsing through the house while they lie in bed.

Could be a huge number of non-suspicious reasons. Prepping a house for viewings can be stressful and time consuming, so if they have other things going on at the moment they may have had to put the viewings on hold for a while until they get time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Thoie wrote: »
    Maybe they've suffered a bereavement or something, and need some headspace before viewings? Or they're away on holidays, but don't want to advertise that fact. Or someone's sick, and they don't want people traipsing through the house while they lie in bed.

Could be a huge number of non-suspicious reasons. Prepping a house for viewings can be stressful and time consuming, so if they have other things going on at the moment they may have had to put the viewings on hold for a while until they get time for it.

All good points, not one of them I can add to my list of conspiracies 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So I came across a house I like on daft, contacted the estate agent who told me that as per their clients instructions viewings are on hold at present, the estate agent insisted the house is still for sale but cannot give a time frame of when they can show the house, why continue to advertise the house if in reality it's not really for sale

Phoned about a similar one before... it stayed up for 2-3 months after I first phoned and was then taken down. Is the house up for quite a while? IMO if it is up a couple of months sellers seem to get fed up, we viewed places that they had not even bothered to tidy away mess before viewings... I guess after 6 months or so you lose interest

mloc123 wrote: »
    Phoned about a similar one before... it stayed up for 2-3 months after I first phoned and was then taken down. Is the house up for quite a while? IMO if it is up a couple of months sellers seem to get fed up, we viewed places that they had not even bothered to tidy away mess before viewings... I guess after 6 months or so you lose interest

It's up since October/November

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

It's up since October/November

yeah.. it could be that just just want their evenings and weekends back for a few weeks. I would imagine constant drips of viewings every week for 8-9 months gets tiring.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    yeah.. it could be that just just want their evenings and weekends back for a few weeks. I would imagine constant drips of viewings every week for 8-9 months gets tiring.

You'd think they would have a set time timeframe if that was the case, they are only losing a potential buyer with the uncertainty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

All good points, not one of them I can add to my list of conspiracies ��

They're actually lizard people, and at this time of year they shed their human skins and lie on rocks in the back garden all day long. They can't set a time frame on when they'll revert to their human form for viewings, as it's weather dependent.

Thoie wrote: »
    They're actually lizard people, and at this time of year they shed their human skins and lie on rocks in the back garden all day long. They can't set a time frame on when they'll revert to their human form for viewings, as it's weather dependent.

Of course!!! It's so obvious. How I didn't think of that I'll never know

Advertisement