Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which are the best places for a couple to reside in Dublin

Options
  • 10-08-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm moving to Dublin from Galway after getting a job offer , my future workplace will be in Grand Canal Dock.

Which are the good place to reside with my wife where the rent is reasonable , place is safe and commute to work not more than 30 minutes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Congrats.

What your definition of "reasonable" and "safe" are is perhaps different to others.
    Will your wife be working, if so, where?
    You'll really have to provide your budget for rental purposes as that will define where you live. Anywhere along the DART line would be handy for a 30 minute commute. A cycle would widen your search inland a good bit.
    Are you looking for a 1 bed apartment or bigger or do you want a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Budget will need to be disclosed, e.g. i live say 30 mins cycle from Grand Canal dock at a slow pace and rent for a 2 bed in my area would still be upward of 1500/month (I can't see any 1beds for rent). Area would classed as safe with many commuting options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bithu

By "Safe" I mean less to no criminal activities.

By Reasonable I mean within 1300 euros

My wife is not working and we need only 1 bed unit of any type , unless it is within 1300 euros

bithu wrote: »
    By "Safe" I mean less to no criminal activities.

By Reasonable I mean within 1300 euros

My wife is not working and we need only 1 bed unit of any type , unless it is within 1300 euros

Criminals generally won't bother you. There's a small chance of being mugged anywhere in Dublin or most other major European cities

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/drumcondra/the-distillery-distillery-road-drumcondra-dublin-1762714/

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/flats-for-rent/north-circular-road/north-circular-road-phoenix-park-end-north-circular-road-dublin-1760410/

Would you consider Clondalkin or somewhere and get the Luas in?

Look in Killester, Artane, Clontarf, Raheny ... for a start. I'm not going to recommend any southside options but there might be a few within that range but competition could be high.

If the wife is not working you probably want to be relatively near the city or a town for her benefit.

• Advertisement

Which areas in City centre are good?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bithu wrote: »
    Which areas in City centre are good?

Smithfield maybe

+1 on Smithfield, it's a fantastic area, alot of cafes and restaurants in the area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Smithfield, Stoneybatter and some parts of Dublin 8 are very close to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys , With all your valuable insights , I was able to find a nice place in Rathmines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Can I ask how much you paid in the end?

Advertisement