Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin Fee for amending lease

Options
  • 10-08-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hello

There are three of us in a house with the total at €950 paid whole.

The lease is up on 24th August but the agent for the landlord said once our year is up the house will go onto a rolling monthly situation (if that makes sense in writing here).

I have asked can one of the people in the house be changed to a new person hoping to take his place and they said it's fine, but there's a €50 admin fee for changing this with the RTB.

Can someone here just confirm to me that this is correct and reasonable before we go ahead with paying them this fee?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

I don't think thats true in all fairness as this is an update to an existing tenancy.Would give the RTB a ring and ask. Furthermore the agent is talking sh*** when he states a rolling month to month tenancy. You are in a part 4 tenancy now and protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I don't think so. Firstly, they are going to have to draft a new lease anyway for this year so don't see why you should be charged €50 to change the name. They are going to be amending the dates etc anyway.

Secondly, the agency is working on behalf of the landlord. So you would assume its the landlords responsibility to pay for this and not the tenant. I have had my lease changed a number of times over the years and never paid an admin fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

In the UK this is normal procedure plus vetting fees etc all to be paid by tenants!

Advertisement