Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portacabin for rent - 1300 a month, form an orderly queue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Glorified mobile home and as we all know they are very warm and cozy once winter comes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

That is a crime against citizens, and my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

:O:blink:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

jobless wrote: »
    just saw this on broadsheet.ie...... fitted out portacabin in drimnagh for 1300 a month....
    Some people really have a neck

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/drimnagh/galtymore-road-drimnagh-dublin-1761149/

An old builder portakabin.

I would love to see the fire rating and BER on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

FFS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Things are genuinely getting worse. The estate agents are delighted to bring it to market I see. List of benefits:
      Washing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Saw this pop up on twitter.

On the same property a detached house has been subdivided into apartments.

He has no planning permission for any of this, yet instead of complaining to the council, people just shake their heads and say, "Property market gone mad!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

An old builder portakabin.

I would love to see the fire rating and BER on this

You missed the best bit :

Do you like trucks ? Do you like GAA games ? Do you like random piles of rubble ?

Near the Luas lines so you can jump in front of one of them and end the misery

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Drimnagh,+Dublin,+D12+YV27/@53.3357341,-6.3088365,238m

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Prefab modular home can be easily extended for growing families ,
    As much as its causing a bit of outrage others are building homes out of connex containers ,
    Is it so bad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

At 1300 euro a month it is pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yes, there is no planning permission, no insulation, probably no safety certs or the like and in the current climate this is just thick chancery.
    I'm all for good solutions if they are well thought through, but this is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Aaaand its gone....

Correction. Got a 404 but its back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Lovely shade of coral-green-blue, and just 45e per day, €15,600per annum, plus bills and 'other expenses' (obviously).

Why not just get a cheap lorry, buy one of these and stick this on the back then you can drive to work/shops/beach/park for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Shameful avarice

Why not just get a cheap lorry, buy one of these and stick this on the back then you can drive to work/shops/beach/park for free.

Upwordly mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

That's just criminal really, absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

unfurnished as well...not even a crying chair in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

It's a serious piece of chancery alright. Price is shocking. But the awful thing is, I have seen a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Gatling wrote: »
    Prefab modular home can be easily extended for growing families ,
    As much as its causing a bit of outrage others are building homes out of connex containers ,
    Is it so bad ?

And this is the attitude that makes the likes of this crap acceptable.

Also the cheek of them to say they're delighted to bring this to market, what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

god. that is grim. Id sleep in my car first and take a shower at the nearest applegreen truckstop.

s15r330 wrote: »
    And this is the attitude that makes the likes of this crap acceptable.

Why is it not acceptable is anyone been forced to live there no ,is anyone been forced to view it no,

People spent decades living in worse bedsits but that was fine because people were happy to live in them.
    We had people moaning about modular housing for similar reasons ,

If it's insulated and meets all requirements then what's the big fuss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

No matter about Joe Soap advertising this in his back garden, shame on the auctioneer who took this on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Why is it not acceptable is anyone been forced to live there no ,is anyone been forced to view it no,

People spent decades living in worse bedsits but that was fine because people were happy to live in them.

The attitude of "its not so bad" is unacceptable as it allows this sort of carry on to become mainstream and acceptable.
    1300/month for a box, cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Bedsits were in actual houses.
    This yoke is for builders drinking tae on their breaks.
    I very much doubt it's insulated and meets all requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Can you point me to some worse bedsits for €1300 per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

They have some neck and gall to call this an apartment, geez I must be now living in an "attached Villa" with outstanding scenic views of my neighbours gardens :D .
    The owner is a chancer, but the shame is on the estate agent for even entertaining it.

TresGats wrote: »
    Bedsits were in actual houses.
    This yoke is for builders drinking tae on their breaks.

Schools and businesses and hospitals for years only good enough for builders tea it's been proven otherwise,
    Again if it's insulated and meets requirements whats the actual issue ,
    My complaint would be the 1300 pm I've seen smaller granny flats in concerted garages and outbuildings

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Schools and businesses and hospitals for years only good enough for builders tea it's been proven otherwise,
    Again if it's insulated and meets requirements whats the actual issue ,
    My complaint would be the 1300 pm I've seen smaller granny flats in concerted garages and outbuildings

Schools- yes, I was farmed out to one aged 9, and it was bloody freezing.
    Hospitals- I was familiar with the prefab units in James Connolly, but thankfully they've gotten rid of those also.I spent some time in unit 8, the heart unit, and it was fine, but that was because the heating was on full blast all the time.
    A home is not a boxy ugly freezing prefab.
    Planning permission exists for a reason, so little shanty towns don't start springing up all over the place. I agree that there should be solutions for people on low wages, HAP, anyone looking for housing- but in our climate pre-fabs of that ilk are not suitable for habitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

My issue is that its €1,300 a month. My current HOUSE is less rent than that!

Advertisement