Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portacabin for rent - 1300 a month, form an orderly queue

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

prices are gone mad. but i think it can't be worse. i saw few adverts for 1 Bdr - 2 Bdr apartments who trying to get for them 1500 and they online for couple of days maybe weeks, while those who want 1100-1300 rents faster.
    i guess we are now on the highest level. unless my fear will come true and Dublin will be the replacement of London, than the situation now will be piece of cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

It's scammer season too. Lots of students and new graduates are looking now, they are easy prey for professional scammers.
    Also August and Christmas time is usually holiday season.
    Honestly, everything under 2k has massive queues and there is no shortage of people willing to rent these places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

On the one hand you saw a queue for 1,300, and here's 1100 stay online from August 1st. How is it make sense?
    https://www.daft.ie/21760421?ea=1&utm_source=property_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=property_alert_email_rental

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Can have a variety of reasons: Landlord went on holidays and did want to attract interest until the open viewing takes place. Something fell through. Maybe he had to drop the rent because it was over the annual 4% that he's allowed to rise.
    Honestly, that went up not even 2 weeks ago, this is no time during August. Everyone's on holiday and every EA would advise you to slow things down in August because of that. In early September rentals and sales will pick up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

another professional landlord, the funny thing is so many pro landlord people welcoming him to their industry :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

i reckon letting prices have peaked now, i could be wrong, but i've a strong feeling its peaked in Dublin , Meath etc will still rise sligthly

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Gatling wrote: »
    Schools and businesses and hospitals for years only good enough for builders tea it's been proven otherwise,
    Again if it's insulated and meets requirements whats the actual issue ,
    My complaint would be the 1300 pm I've seen smaller granny flats in concerted garages and outbuildings

When a school or a hospital uses that kind of build it's because they need urgently a place. Those places need to fulfil a series of requirements and they are supposed to be a temporary measure and most important they don't make a profit and try to follow minimum regulations regarding safety.

I don't think that landlord fell under "temporary, non-profit or minimum safety regulations" and most modern modular homes are actually very nice places with such a good insulation that they don't need heaters. I doubt that place falls under that category:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Gatling wrote: »
    Schools and businesses and hospitals for years only good enough for builders tea it's been proven otherwise,
    Again if it's insulated and meets requirements whats the actual issue ,
    My complaint would be the 1300 pm I've seen smaller granny flats in concerted garages and outbuildings

I lived in a smaller converted garage back in college.

It was TINY but allowed me to say that I had my own place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

tanit wrote: »

try to follow minimum regulations regarding safety .

I doubt that place falls under that category:mad:

This is what you need :

Pa2JDb8.jpg

Advertisement