Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first tri

Options
  • 10-08-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on doing my first tri soon. I am good with cycling and running but I am a bit worried about the swim. I can swim but a few lengths of the pool and i seem to gas. How hard is the swim in a sprint triathlon? Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Have you signed up already? If so which race?

Swimming in open water vs a pool is very different and I would suggest you get some practice in. I would spend a lot of your time focusing on your swim if you are struggling with that and happy with the rest.

There are plenty of good threads on here with swim advice especially this one. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92925315

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I did my first sprint tri this year. I joined my local Triathlon Club early on and got a good bit of OW swimming in with them to become comfortable with it, which obviously isnt as possible for you at this stage.

Would you not do a Tri a Tri to get the feel for it and go from there.

Advertisement