Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Receiver. No register/stamp paid. Anyone any experience?

Options
  • 10-08-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm buying from a receiver. I have been in dealings for almost a year. We are at solicitor stage. My solicitor says seller has no documents to state the seller = the owner (i.e. seller has no proof they have registered it in their name) nor paid stamp duty.

This stops the bank lending me my mortgage so we went back and asked that they sort that out.

Anyone have any experience on what to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Best case scenario: some delay.

The title is defective, but might possibly be remedied by completing the registration of title to the seller, and then from the seller to you. This might have to be funded from the price you have agreed to pay (I'm assuming the vendor is broke).

If your solicitor and the seller's solicitor can come to an agreement on how to make good the chain of ownership and give guarantees to the bank, the bank might agree to stay on board with you.

Talk to your solicitor first, and if this approach looks possible, then follow up with the bank.

Advertisement