Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive premium increase after change of address

Options
  • 10-08-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I've recently moved from Swords to Tyrrelstown. I contacted my car insurer (123.ie) yesterday to let them know the new address.
    I was told that my premium is about to rise by over €500, bringing the total cost of my policy to €1200 (I paid €680 for a full year a few months ago). I got angry, but paid the first installment of €120 on the spot. I'd expected an increase of up to €100, but not half a grand...
    Is there anything I can do, i.e. cancel my policy with them now and look for another, cheaper insurer? My current policy with them is valid until March 2018.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

My son's insurance went up 70% moving from D14 to D15, Zurich

You can cancel your policy and move elsewhere. Check your papers for any cancellation charges to apply

Advertisement