Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrow Fishing Carlow

Options
  • 10-08-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi there just wondering do I need a license to fish on the river barrow, The stretch just opposite Carlow IT on the Kilkenny Road.

Will be releasing any I catch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

No the barrow is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Nice one thanks, just a quick question, just found my old rod but no tackle box, what lures etc would be recommended for fishing for trout, its an old rod bought from lidl good few years ago.

Burzum wrote: »
    Nice one thanks, just a quick question, just found my old rod but no tackle box, what lures etc would be recommended for fishing for trout, its an old rod bought from lidl good few years ago.

Hey

What are you fishing for?? Do you drive? few better spots nearby than the one you mentioned. Give me a pm and i'll let you know the best thing to do, Might head out with you and show you about too if ye like!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

ardinn wrote: »
    Hey

What are you fishing for?? Do you drive? few better spots nearby than the one you mentioned. Give me a pm and i'll let you know the best thing to do, Might head out with you and show you about too if ye like!

Will be fishing the barrow soon too myself, any good spots? what do you fish?

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Will be fishing the barrow soon too myself, any good spots? what do you fish?

Where you headed to - I generally fish for dace / roach then kill a dace for pike deadbait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 buzzardflute

I fish the barrow for brown trout below weirs around county Carlow, the river would surprise you lots of big trout to be had, I've hit 2lb plus trout over this season.

I fish the barrow for brown trout below weirs around county Carlow, the river would surprise you lots of big trout to be had, I've hit 2lb plus trout over this season.

Only fly fished it once - Pm me where your hitting those trout :D Only fly fished at milford, the trouties looking place in the world but too close to the road!

Advertisement