Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstalling Pay as you go

Options
  • 10-08-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving house soon and the previous owner has a Pay as you go-meter installed. 
    I have all the details and would like like to stay with Electric Ireland but without a pay meter. 
    Is it possible to do this and also change to the NEST offer for electricity only? 
    Does the NEST work with a solid fuel central heating system (can check the current Thermostat tomorrow). 

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

To register with Electric Ireland for bill-pay, you can contact our colleagues in the Sales department on 1850 30 50 90. 

Alternatively, you can register here: https://www.electricireland.ie/switch/Customise/CustomiseLanding?pricePlanType=E

You will need your MPRN and an up-to-date meter reading. You can get a meter reading from a Pay As You Go meter by pressing number 9. 

I am afraid Nest is not compatible with a solid fuel central heating. However, you can avail of the 5.5% lifetime saving if you sign up for payments by direct debit and Online Billing. 

We hope this helps. 

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

Advertisement