Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knightrider

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No one mentioned Hardcastle and McCormack..there was always a truck to hide the car :D

hardcastle_and_mccormick.jpg

also poor StreetHawk..it just looks awful now

Street-Hawk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Is that not Garth Knight?

Now I've embarrassed myself with my ignorance of Knight Rider. :( I was trying to think of the name of the bad lad in the truck and got mixed up. I was wondering why I couldn't find a good picture of him in his evil truck on Google.

goliath5.jpg

goliath4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Emperor Qianlong

Does anyone remember the 1970's Spiderman TV show ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Benny Five-0 Skip to 0:30

Paul Hogan doing Benny Hill doing Hawaii Five O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The year is 1987, and NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes. In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot, Captain William "Buck" Rogers, are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life-support systems, and returns Buck Rogers to Earth, 500 years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKikUl4slJ4&t=3s

One of my favourite shows as a kid. Clearly I was a bit of an odd child.

Nah, you were just stuck watching RTE in the 80s :D

Here's two more terribly uncool ones:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Does anyone remember the 1970's Spiderman TV show ?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Not a real show - but this is unhinged:

The video begins as a parody of opening credits sequences of 1980s and 1990s American situation comedies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels or expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I think this was shown on RTE2 around 6.30 back in 85-6 I think. Found it far fetched and never got into it
    Automan
    https://youtu.be/d8DJo_p0sns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

branie2 wrote: »
    The year is 1987, and NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes. In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot, Captain William "Buck" Rogers, are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life-support systems, and returns Buck Rogers to Earth, 500 years later.

I read that in my head in the original voice...now cut quickly to Wilma....meany meany meany

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm going to go on a limb and say that no show entitled "Jake and the Fatman" will be remade today...

Speaking of, wasn't there talk of a Greatest American Hero reboot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

I loved Automan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mookishboy wrote: »
    I loved Automan
    On a scale of one to ten think of me as an eleven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

"Well I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong".

Red Ferrari GTO cruising down a Pacific Hawaiian highway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Jesus lads was I the only one with cablelink in Dublin!! call 212 555 4200

I actually love that tune plus its on Netflix too so might give it a binge.

ahh yes when dad had control of the tv...
    followed by this ****e!!

thank god the ozzies came out with this to balance it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Cagney & Lacey
    Quincy M.E.
    Hill Street Blue
    Starsky & Hutch
    Law & Order

All great shows watched regularly in our house years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It is great that in the 70's & 80's where you can have shows to love leave your brain on autopilot and enjoy shows now you have ppeople who want some realism and have to engage your brain. That is why reboots (and I would love them) of Knightrider, The highwayman can not be remade as it would have to be a model man/woman with great looks and have to shock have a AAA writers with large budgets can never happen. I mean Hawaii Five O had to give that to survive his long

"There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens."
    "Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest — a shining planet, known as Earth."

Your tread must be light and sure, as though your path were upon rice paper. It is said a Shaolin priest can walk through walls. Looked for, he can not be seen. Listened for, he can not be heard. Touched, he can not be felt. This rice paper is the test. Fragile as the wings of the dragon fly, clinging as the cocoon of the silk worm. When you can walk its length and leave no trace, you will have learned.

In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order, but the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time, and the pure essences of heaven, the moisture of the earth, the powers of the sun and the moon, all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "thought". Tathagata Buddha, the father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the world". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was... irrepressible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

...__... wrote: »
    Jesus lads was I the only one with cablelink in Dublin!! call 212 555 4200

I actually love that tune plus its on Netflix too so might give it a binge.

When I was young, I was in love with Jo from A Country Practice. Oh, the memories and wet dreams :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Anyone remember Manimal? I spent way more time than I should have trying to turn into a panther!

Also, I can't remember what it was called, but it was about some bloke who owned a scrap yard, who built a rocket out of bits of old cars and trucks and off he popped to space for the craic!
    Voice over intro started "Once upon a time, a junk man had a dream....":D

Anyone remember Manimal? I spent way more time than I should have trying to turn into a panther!

Also, I can't remember what it was called, but it was about some bloke who owned a scrap yard, who built a rocket out of bits of old cars and trucks and off he popped to space for the craic!
    Voice over intro started "Once upon a time, a junk man had a dream....":D

It was Salvage 1 starring Andy Griffiths aka Matlock. Used to be shown on RTE on a Saturday morning. I vaguely remember it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can only vaguely remember it myself. I do remember he had old spare tyres for his rocket to land on, which even as a very young child just screamed design flaw to me!:D

• Advertisement

And one from Super Channel I think?

Thank you for being a friend
    Travelled down the road & back again
    Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

What's that Skip?

How in God's name did I watch that religiously week in week out?

At least No.7 stayed an ass :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Not sure if the link still works as blocked here at work but plenty of old show tunes!!:
    http://www.ilovetvintros.com/80s.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The Beachcombers
    The Partridge Family
    Flipper
    Batman with Adam Weston
    If I remember correctly some if not all of these were shown during Anything Goes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Trivia: Richard Basehart is the voice you hear in the opening credits of Knight Rider who stared in Voyage to the Bottom of The Sea. Quite liked that show actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The Invaders - aliens beings from a dying planet.

Their destination - the earth.

Their purpose to make it their world.

David Vincent has seen them.

For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found.

It began with a closed deserted diner, and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey.

It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy.

Now, David Vincent knows the Invaders are here; 

that they have taken human form.
    Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare
    has already begun

AllForIt wrote: »
    Trivia: Richard Basehart is the voice you hear in the opening credits of Knight Rider who stared in Voyage to the Bottom of The Sea. Quite liked that show actually.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Alfa Mark

Alfa Mark wrote: »

You've just answered a long burning question. I remembered that tune but couldn't remember the name of the series. Looked it up on Wikipedia and realised another fact. One of the cast shot himself in the head with a blank round during filming and died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Don,t know if it has been mentioned not reading the whole thread but

AIRWOLF was cool too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The Invaders - aliens beings from a dying planet.

Their destination - the earth.

Their purpose to make it their world.

David Vincent has seen them.

For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found.

It began with a closed deserted diner, and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey.

It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy.

Now, David Vincent knows the Invaders are here; 

that they have taken human form.
    Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare
    has already begun

Sounds very like V

How about "Stingray" Cool sub cool show.

Worst show I have ever seen but is quite funny to watch just for how bad it is has to be

Land of The Giants

Can see why it only got two seasons and its a miracle it even got that far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

AMKC wrote: »
    Don,t know if it has been mentioned not reading the whole thread but

AIRWOLF was cool too.

Yep, page 3. ...and yes it was... Blue Thunder was better... imo, but the AIRWOLF tune was killer.

By the Power of Grayskull!

I have the Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

It was a cold winter on Walton's mountain......

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Great show about a newspaper journalist who tracks down vampires, zombies, etc

Has anyone ever seen Otherworld?

It was canned in 1985 after eight episodes.

A sci-fi tale about an American family who get sucked into a parallel world.

It was a bit cheap and lame, but kinda quirky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Great show about a newspaper journalist who tracks down vampires, zombies, etc

There was a remake of that with Stuart Townsend which didn't last very long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Advertisement