Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media: Worst letting ever- not allowed to cook in the kitchen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No more than 2 people allowed in the apartment at any one time ,

And people complaining about a portacabin here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭dennyk

The "two people" thing is probably a bit of a language barrier issue; I suspect they mean no more than two occupants actually living there (which makes sense given it's a studio). The kitchen thing is definitely weird, though, given that it seems to be fully outfitted with a hob and extractor fan and everything. Maybe that stuff isn't properly hooked up and therefore there's not the required ventilation for cooking? Or maybe this was once a normal flat that's since been subdivided into tiny studios and there's some fire code regulations prohibiting operating cooking appliances in a "bedroom"?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dennyk wrote: »
    Or maybe this was once a normal flat that's since been subdivided into tiny studios and there's some fire code regulations prohibiting operating cooking appliances in a "bedroom"?
    I'm thinking this, especially with the two person rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Read further- the people may not weigh more than 65kg when fully clothed!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

That rules out heading for 65% of the adult population!

Apparently the advertisement got yanked- when it started featuring in international media- I guess the local authorities didn't like the unwelcome attention it was drawing..........

The ironic thing- even if such restrictions were allowed- you'd have a queue up the street in Dublin, Cork or Galway for a unit like that- at that price. Their point is 1,100 is a reflection of the runaway property market in Amsterdam. It ain't got noting on Irish prices........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭dennyk

That wasn't part of the ad, just a snarky comment by a reader:
    One person responding to the advert suggested: "Please also add – maximum weight of tenant 65kg when fully dressed."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭C3PO

I'd happily live there .... much nicer than some of the awful places you'd see in Dublin for similar money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Victor wrote: »
    I'm thinking this, especially with the two person rule.

Exact what it says in the ad

The kitchen is fully equipped, except for a cooking plate. Cooking is explicitly not allowed in this apartment due to regulations

Advertisement