Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private car for business use

Options
  • 10-08-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'm in the process of setting up my own plumbing business. I currently work full time for a bigger company and I use my partners car to get to work, she uses mine as its bigger and she usually has the kids with her. We both have fully comprehensive insurance and are each named on each others insurance so we are covered. Her insurance company know Im a plumber and use my car to carry my tools to building sites.

What I would like to know is can I continue to use my car that i currently use for my own business? I intend to stay with my current employer until such time that my own business gets busy. At that stage I will probably have to get a van and change the insurance to that.

Thanks.

Advertisement