Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congestion on exchange?

Options
  • 10-08-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,372 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Eir.

I had a previous ticket with you guys, (I can provide this ticket number by PM) about really slow broadband speeds between 10pm and midnight

The exchange is located in Golden Co Tipperary.

I've had two engineers at my house and both reporting they cannot see any issue with my line infact the 2nd engineer suspects its congestion on the exchange causing this.

I basically want confirmation that im right that there's congestion on the exchange and what are Eir going to do about it.

To give you some background this isnt the 1st time the exchange had this issue but Eir upgraded the exchange a number of years go but it looks like the issue is back again.

During the day I get speeds of over 19 down, but the minute 10pm-midnight comes its gets really slow BzX2J14(ill include a screenshot of this as well)

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Last Result:
    Download Speed: 5053 kbps (631.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 865 kbps (108.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 15 ms
    Jitter: 103 ms
    8/10/2017, 10:27:00 PM[/font]

That is dreadful speeds, and the jitter is a killer for playing online

What is Eir going to do this about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,372 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Look at the difference outside those hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Headshot wrote: »
    Hi Eir.

I had a previous ticket with you guys, (I can provide this ticket number by PM) about really slow broadband speeds between 10pm and midnight

The exchange is located in Golden Co Tipperary.

I've had two engineers at my house and both reporting they cannot see any issue with my line infact the 2nd engineer suspects its congestion on the exchange causing this.

I basically want confirmation that im right that there's congestion on the exchange and what are Eir going to do about it.

To give you some background this isnt the 1st time the exchange had this issue but Eir upgraded the exchange a number of years go but it looks like the issue is back again.

During the day I get speeds of over 19 down, but the minute 10pm-midnight comes its gets really slow BzX2J14(ill include a screenshot of this as well)

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Last Result:
    Download Speed: 5053 kbps (631.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 865 kbps (108.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 15 ms
    Jitter: 103 ms
    8/10/2017, 10:27:00 PM[/font]

That is dreadful speeds, and the jitter is a killer for playing online

What is Eir going to do this about this?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm afraid we would be unable to do anything about congestion on your line. The more people using broadband that are connected to your exchange, the more congestion will be caused. 

If fibre broadband becomes available to you, you won't experience these congestion issues as fibre broadband is uncongested broadband. I've checked your details on the PM you've sent me previously and, unfortunately, I don't currently have an estimated date for when fibre will be available to you. If you register your details on the below link, you'll be notified as soon as you can receive this service. 

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/

- Adam

Advertisement