Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    Tadic and Jesus the only let downs.

Did you go without lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Cartman78

80 points and 284K OR.

Good start - Bavies, Alli and Lukaku(C) doing the damage today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

81 points gives an opening OR of 247k. Onwards and upwards now hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

87 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

61..not awful considering Fabregas, Jesus, TAA and Ritchie got me a sum total of 1. I also got rid of Davies last minute for TAA and Salah for Mane but on the flipside got rid of Batsuyah last minute for Firmino so swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

67 Pts,not a bad start but a few injuries to mull over.

If you tried to join the boards league now would you miss out on the score you got this week?
    Also does your name go up on the league points table or just your team name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

67 Pts,not a bad start but a few injuries to mull over.

If you tried to join the boards league now would you miss out on the score you got this week?
    Also does your name go up on the league points table or just your team name?

No and your name and details of any other league you are in will be visible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Did you go without lukaku.

Yeah. Mkhi eased the pain.
    Kane blanking (I'd Eriksen) meant 9/10ths of the week went almost perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

84 all out is a start I'm really happy with. 5 goal scorers in the front 7 and 3 cleanies in the back 4 is really satisfying. Walters has to leave my team and will probably have to get Kane in soon enough as he scared me big time today but I'm really delighted overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

53. Had worse opening GW's. I usually Wildcard GW2 or GW3. Yet another Kane Captain Fail! :mad: Bavies on my bench! Favoured Bellerin & Milner :mad: Dave & Bertrand saved my back line + Foster cleanie
    Midfield did OK. (Pogba, Willian & Salah)
    But Forwards (Kane Tekkers & Austin) - Disaster! - 4 pts

Milner out for starters Maybe Kane for Rom -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

98 happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

76 points to start, happy enough. Only major disappointment was Iwobi, will need to ship ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

71 points is a nice, solid start.

Perhaps its reflective of my indifference over preseason but now that the season is up and running I'll get my head back in the game.

Iwobi was just a straight up bad decision.

It was pleasing to have a cheap clean sheet clean sweep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

75 points to kick off the season, puts me in 530k, though OR isn't something I try to get too hung up on for the first few weeks at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It was pleasing to have a cheap clean sheet clean sweep :D

That was my favourite part of the weekend. My bunch of rag tag misfits had 1 and 2 pointers written all over them.

Particularly proud of Chris Lowe in particular, as I'd never even heard of him before this month. Don't even know what he looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Review of GW1 of a team picked by bookie odds if any body would like a read.

https://oddsonfpl.com/

In short. 79 points. Alonso being the big let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

It was pleasing to have a cheap clean sheet clean sweep

Try saying that quickly five times!!

Good read is that your own team.

Good read is that your own team.

It's mine and a friends. We both work on the article and that team is picked based just on bookies odds.

My personal team got 77. In my own team I'll be using bookies odds and also personal perference but on articles will just be bookies. Will be posting a GW2 one just based on bookie odds next week also. I was thinking I could just copy paste the stats in a thread here. I think we had something similar last year

• Advertisement

It's mine and a friends. We both work on the article and that team is picked based just on bookies odds.

My personal team got 77. In my own team I'll be using bookies odds and also personal perference but on articles will just be bookies. Will be posting a GW2 one just based on bookie odds next week also. I was thinking I could just copy paste the stats in a thread here. I think we had something similar last year

Very good. Will the transfers be based on bookies odds.

Very good. Will the transfers be based on bookies odds.

They will be taking into consideration and reasoning will be posted along side of it. Just spoke with my friend there and we'll be working on the GW2 preview tonight as Anytime goalscorer odds are out. Hoping to have this sorted by Thursday latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's difficult to use the bookies odds for transfers really. Are you going with a defenders odds for a clean sheet or an attackers odds for a goal?

I think in the end you likely end up reverting back to your gut without meaning to.

CSF wrote: »
    It's difficult to use the bookies odds for transfers really. Are you going with a defenders odds for a clean sheet or an attackers odds for a goal?

I think in the end you likely end up reverting back to your gut without meaning to.

It's more there for everybody to use. We'll be suggesting what we think is the best but of course others may differ, but more importantly it will be more FPL knowledge for people, or so we hope.

I'll be doing my own opinion part also so i'm sure many could disagree with that.

Just hoping to provide decent info for people who enjoy reading FF currently. Writing it is fun, but depending on how views go may just stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's more there for everybody to use. We'll be suggesting what we think is the best but of course others may differ, but more importantly it will be more FPL knowledge for people, or so we hope.

I'll be doing my own opinion part also so i'm sure many could disagree with that.

Just hoping to provide decent info for people who enjoy reading FF currently. Writing it is fun, but depending on how views go may just stop

Sure look, regardless of whatever anyone else thinks, if you enjoy it that's what is most important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think its a great concept. Exactly what i was looking for a week or two ago. I look forward to the next episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Thanks for posting that, Have your site bookmarked now.

Unearthing a possible 4.0 Newcastle defender and the highlights package for Loftus-Cheek, this will make my bank manager and board of directors very happy in weeks to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

shineon23 wrote: »
    the highlights package for Loftus-Cheek

the tackle and pass at 1:08 was ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rikand wrote: »
    the tackle and pass at 1:08 was ridiculous!
    :eek::eek:
    if it had to have turned into an assist...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Back from 5 days in the Alps where I did not bother checking internet...

74 pts. OR meaningless around 500k. Captain delivered. Defense too. Ditto my big guns bar Kane. That's a good start. And I won my FSA Prem' H2H :D!
    iroced wrote: »
    All right. It's always the same every year. When the season starts I have plenty other things to organise (15 August is a bank holiday in France and the season always starts around that date).

Anyway. What do you guys think between these 2 teams?

1. Foster Elliot
    Bailly Yoshida Mee Fosuh-Mensah Rangel
    Salah Willian Tadic Van La Parra Loftus-Cheek
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

2. Foster Elliot
    Bailly Yoshida Mee Daniels Dann
    Alli Salah Willian Tadic Loftus-Cheek
    Aguero Lukaku Mouni1. is big guns in attack and a gamble on VLP who's been good in pre-season (I know it means feck all but hopefully he can make a Capoue :p and anyway something's gotta give).
    I don't mind Rangel or any other £4.0 def. But Fosuh-Mensah is a pb.

2. looks a bit more balanced with 2 big guns and a cheap 3rd striker for a better midfield. Ideally I'd have wanted Saints attack but no way I get Gabbiadini in and if Austin's not a certain started I'd be happy enough to gamble on my former hometown attacker (contrary to what I said on my arrivals from L1 insights).
    I can also spend a little bit more in defense. Plan for both teams is Bailly + Yoshida + 1 from a 3-way rotation. I like the Burnley-Bournemouth-Palace rotation but I'm not happy with 2 £5.0m def who will play once every threee GWs ...

In the end it's roughly Kane + Van La Parra + £4.0m def vs Mouni Alli + £5.5m def .

Went with 1) with a few adjustments

Foster
    Bailly Cedric Alexander-Arnold
    Salah Willian Redmond Van La Parra
    Aguero (VC) Kane Lukaku (C)
    Elliot ; Carroll, Mee, Rosenior

Of course Kane + VLP combined 2 pointers vs Mounié + Alli 20 pointers stinks and hurts a bit. But I'll comfort myself by keeping in mind I did get the right idea between the last 2 I considered. Just landed on the wrong side of a 50/50 choice :P. That's said... All the blame and the shame to myself for not trusting and picking my fellow former Montpelliérain Steve Mounié :D!

- edit -
    Anyone know why Van La Parra only featured 4 min? He seemed to be a regular during the pre-season games?

Advertisement