Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data provacy

Options
  • 11-08-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hello,

A friend of my partner works for car phone warehouse and says they can access Eir account info.

While they were talking to my partner recently, they flippantly said that they had tried to search for my partner in their database, and then searched for me, to see if the account was in my name. They then accessed my account details.

My partner challenged them on this as they looked up our details without any good reason. They backtracked and said they couldn't access much info. I'm just wondering what info they can access? I'm not interested in making a complaint as I don't think they will do it again, but I do want to know what exactly it is that they could access in relation to my account.

Thanks.

** sorry for the title typo- I meant privacy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello,

A friend of my partner works for car phone warehouse and says they can access Eir account info.

While they were talking to my partner recently, they flippantly said that they had tried to search for my partner in their database, and then searched for me, to see if the account was in my name. They then accessed my account details.

My partner challenged them on this as they looked up our details without any good reason. They backtracked and said they couldn't access much info. I'm just wondering what info they can access? I'm not interested in making a complaint as I don't think they will do it again, but I do want to know what exactly it is that they could access in relation to my account.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Carphone Warehouse would use the same system as us when placing orders, this system would also contain complete account information for our customers so they would be able to see the same information that we have here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Hi, 

Does this include billing information such as bank account details, pdfs of bills etc?

Thanks.
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Carphone Warehouse would use the same system as us when placing orders, this system would also contain complete account information for our customers so they would be able to see the same information that we have here.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi, 

Does this include billing information such as bank account details, pdfs of bills etc?

Thanks.
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.

Hi there,

- Adam
    If you're set up for a direct debit, your direct debit details would be on the account, however, these can't be viewed by anyone for security reasons. They would be able to view your previous bills and general account information.

- Adam

Advertisement