Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coverage in Bunmahon

Options
  • 11-08-2017 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I go to a town called Bunmahon in Waterford regularly and I'm on meteor at the moment and I recently seen your promise of signal in every town/city/county.

I've never once gotten a signal to be able send a text message when in bunmahon I nearly have to leave Bunmahon to get a 3G signal.

I believe the 1gbps Internet is being rolled out down there seen a lot of KN network vans when down there a couple of months ago.

Is there just an issue with mobile service down there? Will it ever be fixed?

Been going down there for 8 years different phones different networks over the years but always come back to meteor because of the value. Im on an iPhone 7 plus at the min and no issues anywhere else except Bunmahon.

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I go to a town called Bunmahon in Waterford regularly and I'm on meteor at the moment and I recently seen your promise of signal in every town/city/county.
    Its a village, so doesnt really fall under that promise. It also appears to be in a bit of a depression thus becomes a blackspot. 

QD4HuCh.png

7r0UDMe.png

I wouldnt hold my breath about it getting a high site of its own to fill the gap. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I've never once gotten a signal to be able send a text message when in bunmahon I nearly have to leave Bunmahon to get a 3G signal.

I believe the 1gbps Internet is being rolled out down there seen a lot of KN network vans when down there a couple of months ago.

Is there just an issue with mobile service down there? Will it ever be fixed?

Been going down there for 8 years different phones different networks over the years but always come back to meteor because of the value. Im on an iPhone 7 plus at the min and no issues anywhere else except Bunmahon.

Gav
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing ongoing issues with your coverage. If you get in touch with Meteor directly, they should be able to help you out with this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidrees1916

I am having the same issues with Eir (Meteor is now Eir). 

I moved to Bunmahon and did not take the time to ask the locals, if I had I would have known that Eir is to be avoided at all costs as they provide next to no coverage here, most of the time I get NO SERVICE on the top of my phones screen whilst people on Vodafone and 3 get 3g at least.

Of course the Eir person here wants us to contact Eir away from public gaze but I have been doing this since July and am still being sent around in circles. The people I speak to at Eir claim there are no known issues in Bunmahon apart from mine despite the query below and I am sure many other instances, and on several occasions asking me to do the sim card/handset test.

Eir, just deal with it, I can drive on the coast road from Dungarvan and Tramore and have no Eir coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidrees1916

2 weeks later and not a peep out of the Eir reps on Boards.ie

Another week past since the latest email to say they have escalated my issue but as before it stops there.

Eir, worst customer service ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Im living here in annestown co.waterford and have both excellent coverage with eir and vodafone from the mast in fenor . I dont know much about the signal from eir in bunmahon but i do believe that you should be able to get great reception from bother vodafone and three n bunmahon .

• Advertisement
Advertisement