Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish company shipping from abroad

Options
  • 11-08-2017 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if an Irish company with an Irish address and a .ie (probably doesn't make a difference) needs to state that anything you buy off of them is actually not being shipped from Ireland.
    I bought something on Monday (bank holiday) and paid for next day delivery expecting it Wednesday, couldn't see an issue as I thought it was coming form Ireland.
    Anyway it's still sitting in a Parcel Force depot in Aldershot.

I know there's not much i can do, no point in cancelling the order as I really need it but just wondering about notifying customers where it ships from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

not sure why you think they would need to?

an irish presence doesn't mean their warehouse is in ireland. and a lot of suppliers don't hold stock anymore anyway, and use just in time logistics, and in some cases ship directly to you from their wholesaler.

For example Vodafone ireland order fulfilment is in turkey - ar at least was last time i talked to them.

i think the important thing is they set realistic expectations, and then meet those expectations. as an online customer that's what i want, dont really care about the geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

only time I could think it matters if you were hit with import duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Ye are right, I was looking at it from a geographical side, the issue I suppose now is them offering next day delivery when the chance of that happening is slim

Not to drag it off course, when did Vodafone move, thought fonua were still looking after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭GBX

hairyslug wrote: »
    Ye are right, I was looking at it from a geographical side, the issue I suppose now is them offering next day delivery when the chance of that happening is slim

Not to drag it off course, when did Vodafone move, thought fonua were still looking after them.

I deal with UK companies who can ship overnight without issue to Ireland and not just Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

hairyslug wrote: »

The next day not happening is down to either the courier being useless, or them simply not dispatching to the courier - next day from most areas in GB to most areas in Ireland is entirely possible - there's nightly cargo flights and belly cargo on Aer Lingus jets.

I would be looking for a refund of the extra paid for next day here, Wednesday was 'next day' on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've ordered numerous items on 'Irish' websites for next day delivery - delivered next day having been dispatched from the UK. Location should not be an issue....but definitely complain about the lack of next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Item was lost in transit, so that explains the delay

Advertisement