Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolce Gusto Pod Machines - User Discussion

Options
  • 11-08-2017 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'd like to start a thread where people with Dolce Gusto machines can discuss the machines, tips and tricks, the variety of coffees and teas available, where to source them, bargain deals etc etc.

I became a convert to Delce Gusto machines as a result of holidaying in France for the last dew years where virtually every single patisserie who offer "cafe" use these machines.

On my return from holiday I purchased the automatic version of the Melody 3 machine for my office and I'm very impressed with the results.

Dolce-Gusto-Melody-3-Machine1502441782.png

At the moment I'm experimenting with different coffees. The most popular pod used in France is the Barista but I also like the Americano and the Lungo Intenso.

I don't like the dual pod latte or cappuccino's very much though as I find the milk to be too sweet.

So, are there many Dolce Gusto users on here. What are your thoughts? Where do you get your pods from etc?

The only little niggle I have is that the machine seems to automatically power off after a relatively short period of time so pretty much every time I want a coffee I have to power it back on and wait the 30 seconds or so it takes to warm up before it will start pouring. A real first world problem I know but does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the auto off setting?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

just pick up the Lidl compatible pods today for the Dolce Gusto. got the Espresso, lungo and cappuccino and all are pretty decent. not sure are they long out or what but are 1.70 euro cheaper than own brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭54and56

Didn't know Lidl (or any supermarket) did own brand compatible pods for the Dolce Gusto. Must have a look.

Thanks for the info.

I don't like the "milk" pods at all, I find them watery at best and not tasting of milk at all so I invested in one of these and it's super. It's an expensive once off purchase but does a great job and is so easy to rinse.

Pop the milk on, get the Dolce Gusto to produce two strong coffees (these are my personal favourite) and by the time the coffees are produced there is a jug of nice thick frothed cream heated to 60c ready to be poured and spooned into the coffee creating a Flat White type drink.

It's a great start to the morning for myself and my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

3.89 for 16 pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 henroop

Hi all,

I'd like to start a thread where people with Dolce Gusto machines can discuss the machines, tips and tricks, the variety of coffees and teas available, where to source them, bargain deals etc etc.

I became a convert to Delce Gusto machines as a result of holidaying in France for the last dew years where virtually every single patisserie who offer "cafe" use these machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Just used them for a collection of different dolce gusto pods

Good selection and relatively quick. Ordered Monday delivered Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 jopper

This website is great. I’ve used them too and highly recommend

Advertisement