Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Dishwasher

• 11-08-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Some advice please.

Purchased a dishwasher - it has a 2 year guarantee - unfortunately it packed up one month outside the guarantee period.

Purchased another one of same brand (i know!) Had it for 18 months - it has been not working / away for repair now 7 times - always fixed under guarantee.

The supplier manufacturer has now decided to replace it with a new one.

I went to register the guarantee last night (2 years) to be informed that it will only be guaranteed for 4 months (this is when the guarantee runs out on the machine its replacing

Obviously i am not too happy about this - based on the problems with the last two machines.

Any suggestions

Many thanks

Tanka

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,440 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Guarantees are optional provisions from a manufacturer, and its common enough for this to happen. Your consumer rights are unaffected, so you still have 6 years to make a claim. This would have applied to the first machine also - if it failed due to a manufacturing fault you would have likely been able to get a substantial amount of the purchase price (or even all if the judge was in a good mood) awarded in small claims

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭tanka006

Hi L1011,

Wow thank you for that information - good to know.

I think the problem may be that i have nothing about the date - no delivery docket or FOC invoice etc.

I may fire off an email to the manufacturer & see what they have to say.

Thanks Again

Tanka

Advertisement