Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre query

Options
  • 11-08-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We had a visit from an eir rep a couple of weeks ago who sold us a fibre package, and we're told we'd get an appointment today. This morning we were told the engineer wouldn't actually be calling out until Monday. This isn't a problem in itself, but I've been reading a lot of people online complaining about having appointments pushed back for weeks or even months due to fibre not actually being available in their area. Some of these people have even mentioned being charged for the product they arent recieving,  or having their current internet cut off.

Obviously this is a concern, and I was wondering if there's any way to confirm whether the installation is going ahead or if we've been sold and unavailable product? The eircode checker on your website claims we can get the product, but judging by others comments this isn't a reliable indicator.

Any information would be much appreciated 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hello,

We had a visit from an eir rep a couple of weeks ago who sold us a fibre package, and we're told we'd get an appointment today. This morning we were told the engineer wouldn't actually be calling out until Monday. This isn't a problem in itself, but I've been reading a lot of people online complaining about having appointments pushed back for weeks or even months due to fibre not actually being available in their area. Some of these people have even mentioned being charged for the product they arent recieving,  or having their current internet cut off.

Obviously this is a concern, and I was wondering if there's any way to confirm whether the installation is going ahead or if we've been sold and unavailable product? The eircode checker on your website claims we can get the product, but judging by others comments this isn't a reliable indicator.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I can check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I can check on this for you.

- Adam

Thanks for getting back to me, already sorted though

Hi there,

- Adam

Thanks for getting back to me, already sorted though
    No worries, glad to hear you got it sorted.

- Adam

Never mind, turns out it's not sorted at all. Several cancellations now with various excuses. 

It's pretty obvious from a look around here that this is a recurring problem. Why are eir selling a product they can't provide? 

Never mind, turns out it's not sorted at all. Several cancellations now with various excuses. 

It's pretty obvious from a look around here that this is a recurring problem. Why are eir selling a product they can't provide? 
    I am very sorry to hear this.

If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I will look into this for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Adam,

Thanks for responding to my pm, however my queries remain unanswered. How can I speak to someone who can provide answers to what's going on, i.e. why there needs to be an investigation process for a problem eir are aware of, rather than just fixing it; and why eir reps are misleading customers.

I understand you're doing the best you can, but it's very frustrating to repeatedly be given stock responses rather than real answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Hello,

Hi 
    Have a look at my post. 
    They don't have a clue. 
    I had an engineer sent out for landline broadband. he said there is a fibre line outside, no need for landline.
    have to cancel app, new appointment for fibre. 
    Customer care team say thats no problem, you need new appointment for fibre, sales tema say no you need phone line installed.
    back to customer care, they say no phone line needed. UNBELIEVABLE! 
    I would go with a different provider if you can

nino1 wrote: »
    Hi 
    Have a look at my post. 
    They don't have a clue. 
    I had an engineer sent out for landline broadband. he said there is a fibre line outside, no need for landline.
    have to cancel app, new appointment for fibre. 
    Customer care team say thats no problem, you need new appointment for fibre, sales tema say no you need phone line installed.
    back to customer care, they say no phone line needed. UNBELIEVABLE! 
    I would go with a different provider if you can

Oh I've had a good look at the posts on here, it's pretty evident they don't have a clue all right. Weeks of getting different responses from different people, countless apologies but no effort at all to actually fix things.

Sadly the only other providers available in the area are eir resellers, so it all comes back to the same thing.

Another update on this. Despite being told several times that we already know from the technician that the problem isn't with the installation, eir sent out the same technician who, unsurprisingly, confirmed this.

Still no sign on an explanation as to why they cut off our previous service despite assurances otherwise, and they won't even let us make a proper complaint. We were told we "don't need a complaint reference number", which is funny, because comreg's website says otherwise.

Adam,

Thanks for responding to my pm, however my queries remain unanswered. How can I speak to someone who can provide answers to what's going on, i.e. why there needs to be an investigation process for a problem eir are aware of, rather than just fixing it; and why eir reps are misleading customers.

I understand you're doing the best you can, but it's very frustrating to repeatedly be given stock responses rather than real answers.
    The case that was set up for you was for a fault on your line and it can take up to 3 working days for a resolution to this. Today is the third working day since this was logged so if this is not sorted for you today, feel free to get back in touch with us here and we'll chase it up for you.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Adam,

The case that was set up for you was for a fault on your line and it can take up to 3 working days for a resolution to this. Today is the third working day since this was logged so if this is not sorted for you today, feel free to get back in touch with us here and we'll chase it up for you.

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I was informed by the technician that performed the installation that the issue is the wrong port being active on the pole and he can't fix it. Eir sent out the same technician on Friday last week, he double checked his work and told me the same thing again.

If the technician knew the problem, why would it take three days to find a resolution to the problem? He already reported this to eir but it seems to be getting ignored. It's clear someone else needs to be sent out, but anyone I've spoken to so far seems to ignore this and simply sends the first technician out again.

Edit: Finally spoke to a helpful man on the phone who actually listened to me when I told him it wasn't a fault but a failed install, as we were informed last Monday by the installer, so hopefully things will work out now.

Adam,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I was informed by the technician that performed the installation that the issue is the wrong port being active on the pole and he can't fix it. Eir sent out the same technician on Friday last week, he double checked his work and told me the same thing again.

If the technician knew the problem, why would it take three days to find a resolution to the problem? He already reported this to eir but it seems to be getting ignored. It's clear someone else needs to be sent out, but anyone I've spoken to so far seems to ignore this and simply sends the first technician out again.

Edit: Finally spoke to a helpful man on the phone who actually listened to me when I told him it wasn't a fault but a failed install, as we were informed last Monday by the installer, so hopefully things will work out now.
    A case would need to be raised with our technical support team for a failed installation too. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Gload to hear you're getting the issue sorted out. Feel free to get back in touch with us here if you need us to check anything for you.

- Adam

A case would need to be raised with our technical support team for a failed installation too. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Gload to hear you're getting the issue sorted out. Feel free to get back in touch with us here if you need us to check anything for you.

- Adam

That's the issue though Adam, i tried to explain that last week over the phone and to yourself on here but instead of raising a case for the failed installation, it appears to have been raised as a fault.

If you could check the account and confirm that it's now been raised as a failed installation it would be very much appreciated.

- Adam

That's the issue though Adam, i tried to explain that last week over the phone and to yourself on here but instead of raising a case for the failed installation, it appears to have been raised as a fault.

If you could check the account and confirm that it's now been raised as a failed installation it would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you for getting in touch. 

Can you PM me your account number and details and I will look into this further?

-Adam

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Can you PM me your account number and details and I will look into this further?

-Adam

Absolutely not, you ignored every word I said last time, I'm not going through that nonsense again.

This might have been fixed sooner if you had acknowledged the problem instead of copy pasting default responses.

Advertisement