Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent : Castle Wilson Moore

Options
  • 11-08-2017 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

First time posting but wanted to get more information. There are posts on boards.ie from over four years ago regarding dealings with Castle Wilson Moore.
    I am currently looking to buy from them and they are offering to sell my house as well.
    Has anyone any recent experience with them selling and if so, how was it honestly?
    We were keen to buy and met with them for them to then increase the price by 10,000.
    They claimed there was interest but at the viewing there was only one other couple there.
    Are we being played? We don't want to lose this house but we don't want to be taken advantage of.

Has anyone any recent experience with them as a seller?
    Also, they claim to be award-winning but cannot see what these awards are - are they just a hoax?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sound like Castle Wilson Moore is only a new company, formed some time last Autumn by a number of long established estate agencies, Castle and Wilson Moore. Wilson Moore used to be based out of Charlestown Shopping Centre and I think they split up, Wilson Moore went one way, and the other lad who's name I can't remember I think may have gone out on his own.

I know some people who have dealt with Wilson Moore on the selling side, she's apparently a good agent to have working for you. On the flip side, although I don't know anyone who has used Castle, they wouldn't have had the greatest rep on this forum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 novice_post

Thank you for the info ThisRegard. Good to know a bit more about the company because the previous negative rep may no longer be applicable given the split/new merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Millpull

Hi

I recently was in college with someone who worked there and was told that <snip>. Not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

We bought from Castles Estate Agents and found them one of the best to deal with - although odly once or twice slightly to the detriment of the seller.

That being said, I would NEVER sell my house through the same agent I was buying from. They'll instantly know your full budget and you'll have no negotiating ability whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭mel123

For whats its worth, ive emailed them through myhome when they had ads up, and i dont think they have EVER got back to me once - and they deal a lot mainly in the areas i am looking in, so there has been quite a few emails. My notifications are set up, so emails come straight to me so i assume the ad has only just gone up in the last couple of hours, and even at that they dont care to respond.

Im not saying its only them that dont reply to mails, but if you use them, id say you have to keep them on their toes.

On a side note, if you want a recommendation of an estate agent for selling your house, PM - and i have no relationship to this guy at all but would highly recommend him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

mel123 wrote: »
    For whats its worth, ive emailed them through myhome when they had ads up, and i dont think they have EVER got back to me once - and they deal a lot mainly in the areas i am looking in, so there has been quite a few emails. My notifications are set up, so emails come straight to me so i assume the ad has only just gone up in the last couple of hours, and even at that they dont care to respond.

Im not saying its only them that dont reply to mails, but if you use them, id say you have to keep them on their toes.

On a side note, if you want a recommendation of an estate agent for selling your house, PM - and i have no relationship to this guy at all but would highly recommend him

When I was looking to buy... agree with you I never got a reply to any email ever

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod: lets stick to the facts please folks. Rumours, gossip, 2nd hand info could leave you on shaky ground legally speaking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Patrick Leonard is the MD. he used to own castle estates. They merged with WM.
    if you can deal,with Patrick, he is a gent to deal with. I don't know anyone from the WM side of the merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

We bought our gaf thru Wilson Moore a few years back and it went grand and without incident

Advertisement