Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re Coolock

Options
  • 11-08-2017 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Apologies if I'm putting this up in the wrong place but I thought I might get more genuine responses here! I'm looking to buy somewhere and have a preference for the Northside, and my best bet there looks like being Coolock. I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with the various areas within this as the prices seem to vary quite a bit the further north you go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

It's not a particularly nice part of Dublin and I would never choose to live there. It depends on your budget and it would be easier to fit in if you are from the area. I'd maybe look further out Swords or Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Apologies if I'm putting this up in the wrong place but I thought I might get more genuine responses here! I'm looking to buy somewhere and have a preference for the Northside, and my best bet there looks like being Coolock. I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with the various areas within this as the prices seem to vary quite a bit the further north you go.

Have you been to Coolock? Maybe take a drive around it and Darndale and surrounding areas and have a watch of "Darndale:The edge of town".

It is not a very nice area by any stretch of the imagination in my opinion. There is little to no chance of the area ever improving so you should definitely think twice before buying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

genuine question

how many people actually buy in coolock? are the majority of houses not council owned?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Cyrus wrote: »
    genuine question

how many people actually buy in coolock? are the majority of houses not council owned?

No they are not, its very mixed there are some very nice and large houses off the Malahide road that are in Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

345 homes sold since 2012. Mainly in last 2 yrs
    https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/PPR-By-Date&Start=301&Query=[address]=*coolock*%20AND%20[dc_county]=Dublin&County=Dublin&Year=&StartMonth=&EndMonth=&Address=coolock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭mel123

jon1981 wrote: »
    345 homes sold since 2012. Mainly in last 2 yrs
    https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/PPR-By-Date&Start=301&Query=[address]=*coolock*%20AND%20[dc_county]=Dublin&County=Dublin&Year=&StartMonth=&EndMonth=&Address=coolock

Thats not many at all im surprised, in almost 5 years like! Coolock is a massive area.

*edited to say im surprised the number is THAT low, but not surprised in another way as i wouldnt live there myself. Before i posted i took a minute to see if there was any area of Coolock id live in, and possibly up around the new estates at Clarehall (cant think of the name of them), but further down, not a chance.

Well ppl might mistake the bordering areas for coolock, the closer parts to Artane are quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RamonD3

Thanks very much for the feedback, appreciate it! I'd only know the areas around the malahide road so wouldn't be familiar with the inner parts. Such a difference in prices had me wondering.

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the feedback, appreciate it! I'd only know the areas around the malahide road so wouldn't be familiar with the inner parts. Such a difference in prices had me wondering.

Yeah, the houses located from Coolock village along both sides of the Malahide road ( Brookville, Chanel, st Brendans...) down towards Artane would probably command higher prices than houses more north of the village.

Advertisement