Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to tenancy agreement

Options
  • 11-08-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Can a landlord change the terms and conditions of a lease without the permission of the tenant.

I mean, can they add a new clause to the agreement without your approval?

Lets say that the bins are usually left outside the house for collection but now the landlord wants all tenants to put the bins in a specific area for bins, can they change the lease to include this requirement?

Not a big issue, kind of makes sense based on the layout and some other tenants practices in leaving bags/bins all over the place... it just on principle.

If he can do this it leaves the door open for other changes.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

No he can't change the lease without approval from all parties. Is there a reason why you/someone else won't agree to the new clause?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

He cant change the lease but can request that a new one overrides the old and you sign up to that.

You can obviously decline the new conditions but in your example that doesnt seem likely. Read and accept the new lease conditions assuming nothing else is being put in on the sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anthonyc74

Hi Michael,

Not me, just some others in the building...

Not really a bad place, but a lot of people are on tenderhooks given the current housing situation.

I think some are a bit scared of giving in to changes as the thin end of the wedge.

Thansk for the follow up

Advertisement