Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options
  • 11-08-2017 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭

Only around the corner now guys a new season of ultimate team :) personally myself looking forward to the 3 version icon cards and hopefully continuation of the sbc from last year.

link to the confirmed icons so far and the different versions and ratings https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/fut-icons/ratings

A list of Confirmed new features

Squad Battles

Compete and earn rewards in the all-new single player Squad Battles. Take on other squads from the FUT community, to earn rewards and move up the leaderboards. In the Featured Squad Battle, you can also challenge the squads of football players, pro FIFA players and celebrities to test your skills and build your team.

Daily Objectives

Complete dynamic daily and weekly Objectives in-game or in the new companion app to earn great rewards in FUT 18. From squad management goals to dynamic in-match challenges, the harder the challenge, the better the reward you'll receive.

Squad Building Challenges

Build squads from players in your club to complete challenges and earn in-game rewards. New features like Combined Player Requirements, and Brick Slots create deeper SBCs in FUT 18.

Champions Channel

Watch full match replays from the top players in the world competing in the weekend league. Control playback and cameras through matches of your favorite pro players to learn how they play and raise your game!

PLAY FUT ANYWHERE

Arriving for FIFA 18 launch, the new Web App now enjoys all the same features as the Companion App including Objectives and Squad Building Challenges. Trade and manage your squad through the re-designed Web & Companion App on iOS and Android.

Pack Opening

Pack opening celebrations don't excite me that much but for certain players this year they have their own unique celebration I assume it is the default goal celebration for that player from what I have seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Looking forward to the companion app. I love the scramble of trying to sort a semi decent team before the game is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

14murphy wrote: »
    Looking forward to the companion app. I love the scramble of trying to sort a semi decent team before the game is released.

Yes the companion app looks like it's going to be far better this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

i wonder will they allow you to buy fifa points through the companion app or web app this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thrilled the web and companion apps are getting upgrades.

A few months back, I said I wasn't going to bother with trading and the likes this year.....and now I'm itching to get going again :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thrilled the web and companion apps are getting upgrades.

A few months back, I said I wasn't going to bother with trading and the likes this year.....and now I'm itching to get going again :P

That's us every year haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

With LT+RT apparently nerfed I will enjoy this much more than 17...Refused to learn that unrealistic crap.

Toobz wrote: »
    With LT+RT apparently nerfed I will enjoy this much more than 17...Refused to learn that unrealistic crap.

Is that the shielding of the ball crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is that the shielding of the ball crap?

Unfortunately no, that's bad too. it's the precision dribble. I know a few of you guys probably like it but it's really unrealistic and I refused to learn how to use it and due to that had a hard time when it came to trying to get close to elite.

jayo26 wrote: »

Yes the companion app looks like it's going to be far better this year too.
    Any info ?

Toobz wrote: »
    Unfortunately no, that's bad too. it's the precision dribble. I know a few of you guys probably like it but it's really unrealistic and I refused to learn how to use it and due to that had a hard time when it came to trying to get close to elite.

Ah right ive never used it either i never found it much of an issue to be honest.

• Advertisement

Any info ?

Not really any info as such just the usual stuff it's been rebuilt from the ground up to make it much more usefull for mobile and tablet use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hope there's more icons added, finally getting them on PS4 but I worry they'll consider each card as 3 different legends and they won't be adding as many as there was previous on XBox

Also imagine the disappointment of packing 86 Gullit instead of the 93, or I wonder will they only have certain versions in packs at certain times

Hope there's more icons added, finally getting them on PS4 but I worry they'll consider each card as 3 different legends and they won't be adding as many as there was previous on XBox

Also imagine the disappointment of packing 86 Gullit instead of the 93, or I wonder will they only have certain versions in packs at certain times

The highest version is only going to be available as a sbc reward for which you will have to do a few squads and one will be to donate one of his lesser versions. These sbc will be only done on a Thursday and one player at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read on r/fifa that if you score three own goals, it's an automatic forfeit and if you go afk, a 40 second timer comes up which also results in a auto forfeit if it reaches zero.

About time.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Read on r/fifa that if you score three own goals, it's an automatic forfeit and if you go afk, a 40 second timer comes up which also results in a auto forfeit if it reaches zero.

About time.

They should go one better and just let you offer someone a compassionate DC(minus coins) if you're hammering them.

It'll eliminate the ones who head off but there'll be a portion who just do enough to stop the timer ending.
    Will probably only help a small bit.

They should go back to you getting the win if the other person quits or gets disconnected no matter the score. Worst thing ever this year was no score in second half of extra time in weekend league and he gave away a penalty and instead of letting me take it he quits and game is void for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I say Neymar's otw card will be unreal by the end of the season if they give him one.

Have them confirmed who is getting OTW cards? I'd kill for a Lukaku one...

Have them confirmed who is getting OTW cards? I'd kill for a Lukaku one...

not a mention yet but can't imagine them not doing it

Any idea on the companion app release ?

• Advertisement

Any idea on the companion app release ?

Usually about 10 days or so before the proper release, id imagine we'll see it around 17/18 Sept, maybe earlier because they'll announce a day for it and release it earlier so it doesnt crash if everyone tries to get on at once

Blazer wrote: »
    not a mention yet but can't imagine them not doing it

They actually have said lukaku and matric and lacazette are getting one and a few others it was discussed at the live launch thing they did few weeks ago.

With the OTW cards, can anyone remember when they released them? Was it when the full game launched?

I'll probably drop some cash for the initial boost of coins and cards when the game launches, but want to wait till there's a few special cards in packs :P

They were out a week after the game officially started for 2 weeks iirc

oh man if I got an otw Neymar I wouldn't know what to do..
    Keep it knowing the card is gonna hit 99 rating and have an awesome lique 1 team or sell it to fund a team.
    Had a really great lique1 team in fut17 so could be tempted.

At least we will have zlatan in this year's ultimate team :)

I've seen people on reddit say crossing was big in the beta, a United trio of Lukaku Ibra and Fellaini will do damage

One transfer I'm really happy about is Jese Rodriguez to Stoke, he'll be a great player at the start of the game for a EPL team, others are excited about Lacazette and Neymar but I'm setting my sights low

Lacazette has been a main stay in my teams for years now, so I'm thrilled it will be easier to work him in with BPL players now.

With no major news from gamescom it's safe to assume there'll be little more big news for 18

If the weekend league is still 40 games then feck that, hopefully the squad battles will be a good way to play and build

• Advertisement

Lacazette has been a main stay in my teams for years now, so I'm thrilled it will be easier to work him in with BPL players now.

urgh I'm gutted..Lique1 has taken a hammering this year with Lacca, Mendy, Babysomething or other, Toliso, Silva all moved to other leagues :(
    I found BPL this year very slow with a distinct lack of fluid play. Whereas Lique1 and Serie A I found very easy to play with, fast passing, counter attacking play, nice mix of skills in midfield etc.
    Hopefully Falcao gets a boost, his tots card was awesome.

Advertisement