Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

blaa85 wrote: »
    If I add fifa points on fifa 17, will they be accessible on the companion app for fifa 18?

I'm on ps4 and extremely jealous of everyone on ea access.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Splurged £30 on Fifa points. Adam llalama was the best along with Steven N'Zonzi. That's it, no more Fifa points.

Adam blooming Lalalanna!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Splurged £30 on Fifa points. Adam llalama was the best along with Steven N'Zonzi. That's it, no more Fifa points.

Adam blooming Lalalanna!

we all say that...a few hundred euro and its "I'm never spending another dime on fifa points " again.
    Cue Fifa 19 and day 1 throw €100 on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    we all say that...a few hundred euro and its "I'm never spending another dime on fifa points " again.
    Cue Fifa 19 and day 1 throw €100 on them :D

True dat lol. I'll probably do another thirty quid next week and they'll be that. I hate you EA.

I honestly hope the guy/gal that came up with the Ultimate Team idea was handsomely rewarded. They deserve it for the bucketloads of make EA.

True dat lol. I'll probably do another thirty quid next week and they'll be that. I hate you EA.

I honestly hope the guy/gal that came up with the Ultimate Team idea was handsomely rewarded. They deserve it for the bucketloads of make EA.

500 million a year its worth...unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Blazer wrote: »
    500 million a year its worth...unbelievable.

Completely believable when people drop €100 on packs before the game is even officially out. EA landed on a gold mine when they introduced Ultimate Team, they didn't have to think anymore about how to improve what was just another football sim year after year and try encourage people to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Axwell wrote: »
    Completely believable when people drop €100 on packs before the game is even officially out. EA landed on a gold mine when they introduced Ultimate Team, they didn't have to think anymore about how to improve what was just another football sim year after year and try encourage people to buy it.

That's the nature of the beast some people pay 30 quid a month to subscribe to racing leagues in various racing Sims Personally myself fifa costs me about 300 quid a year I get excellent value from it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It is indeed and each to their own, as you say if you get enjoyment from it then that's the main thing. I just personally enjoy the graft of starting with a muck team and progressing to one I enjoy playing with. I enjoy playing matches with those players and those teams as I build them. But there is clearly a whole other side to the game which is more like top trumps and just collecting cards and players to be able to have them in your club or to complete SBC's etc.

At the end of the day though FIFA doesnt improve as a football game, they dont have to get creative any more on what to do to improve it or make them stand out and its a pity. They can rely on Ultimate Team every year to make them a ton of money and slightly improve the graphics and tweak a few things to say its an improvement on last year, and will we all buy it each year regardless..of course we will!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They'll never really have to innovate too much as long as they have exclusive rights to the FIFA brand.

hell I remember the very first UT.
    Then you started with a bronze team and changed it to a silver and eventually into a gold team before EA hit on the bright idea of actually selling packs.
    It was a real grind back then but very rewarding and no bull**** scripting as no need to try and entice people into selling packs.
    All that crack with defenders falling over each other and letting in crazy goals etc didn't exist before FUT brought in microtransactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Axwell wrote: »
    It is indeed and each to their own, as you say if you get enjoyment from it then that's the main thing. I just personally enjoy the graft of starting with a muck team and progressing to one I enjoy playing with. I enjoy playing matches with those players and those teams as I build them. But there is clearly a whole other side to the game which is more like top trumps and just collecting cards and players to be able to have them in your club or to complete SBC's etc.

At the end of the day though FIFA doesnt improve as a football game, they dont have to get creative any more on what to do to improve it or make them stand out and its a pity. They can rely on Ultimate Team every year to make them a ton of money and slightly improve the graphics and tweak a few things to say its an improvement on last year, and will we all buy it each year regardless..of course we will!

I'd agree generally with that, and that's coming from someone who spent €50-60 extra on packs at least last year. Not going to bother this year, just ends up a viscous cycle, all the big titles end up with paid DLC as a result which is pretty bad for the consumer in the long run. Not to mention the morality of it all, it's essentially gambling and it's opening up kids to it big time. I know a few people who work for EA customer service and the calls they get daily about kids taking parents cards and blowing close to thousands on packs. Not healthy IMO, given kids make up such a big part of the player base too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Batshuyai is not happy with his rating...

https://streamable.com/m95f4

He's also quite deluded.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Batshuyai is not happy with his rating...

https://streamable.com/m95f4

He's also quite deluded.

EA gave him a 99 card on twitter and he said too high.
    Loved his comments on it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I've wasted my fair share of money on Fut over the last three years.

This year I'm trying to trade to a full toty team with our spending a dime, will make the grind worth it.

I've a 100K now to trying to decide with trading or have a BPL team ready to go. Already have Salah, Sane,Feilani,Clyne so only need a few more.
    any tips for trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Got Isco on an SBC, do prices generally rise after launch? He's going for 25k which would build me a decent starter side

duffman13 wrote: »
    Got Isco on an SBC, do prices generally rise after launch? He's going for 25k which would build me a decent starter side

It can really depend on the card, but I wouldn't imagine Isco would go up too much more tbh. More supply after launch so more cards on the market can drive price down.

Isco went for like 2-4k last season, he's not the type of card to be going for big money, his pace is a bit low (unfairly).

I reckon they will pal usually first couple days prices should be high.

Well one of us is right haha

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well one of us is right haha

Indeed haha. I think that's generally the case that popular cards will definitely go up in price, like the early in forms and pacey players etc, I just don't see that much people wanting Isco, so more cards on the market and less demand might keep the price down. It'd be no harm holding off until launch day and seeing what way the markets going though, but again, you gotta look at the big picture. If prices go up across the board, you might be better off selling now, because the players you wanna buy will be more expensive too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Haha thanks lads, think I'll hold till launch or just before. I usually try get a starter team in place and sit on coins for a couple of weeks by selling anything worth a good wedge then buying towards end of October. Some decent trading opportunities already so trying to build up as much as I can

Lukker- wrote: »
    Indeed haha. I think that's generally the case that popular cards will definitely go up in price, like the early in forms and pacey players etc, I just don't see that much people wanting Isco, so more cards on the market and less demand might keep the price down. It'd be no harm holding off until launch day and seeing what way the markets going though, but again, you gotta look at the big picture. If prices go up across the board, you might be better off selling now, because the players you wanna buy will be more expensive too.

Personally myself the way I look at it is rather have the coins now to invest in trading and make sure u make enough between now and the start of the season that will make you not worry about the price of 5he player you sold.

I kept 30k after building my two squads I didn't want to have to buy players on day one at **** prices I have already got that 30k up to 100k should definitely get it up to 200k before game is launched to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Adam blooming Lalalanna!

David Meyler bought over 40,000 FIFA points! The equivalent of the normal person spending a fiver I know, but 40,000! :eek:

Haha thanks lads, think I'll hold till launch or just before. I usually try get a starter team in place and sit on coins for a couple of weeks by selling anything worth a good wedge then buying towards end of October. Some decent trading opportunities already so trying to build up as much as I can

Always opportunities man if you know the prices you will always find a bargain.

Paully D wrote: »
    David Meyler bought over 40,000 FIFA points! The equivalent of the normal person spending a fiver I know, but 40,000! :eek:

Haha he has a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Paully D wrote:
    David Meyler bought over 40,000 FIFA points! The equivalent of the normal person spending a fiver I know, but 40,000!

That Castro lad bought 1million last year at launch he had 40k bought the other day. Nearly 3 and a half grand. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That Castro lad bought 1million last year at launch he had 40k bought the other day. Nearly 3 and a half grand. Madness.

Though I do wonder if EA are giving them points etc given how much promotion they get from the likes of Meyler and co online?

Paully D wrote: »
    Though I do wonder if EA are giving them points etc given how much promotion they get from the likes of Meyler and co online?

From what I know all the early reviewers of the game were giving access to the game last week and each of their accounts that I seen last week had a stack of coins in them.

Even the likes of Castro and nick28t them guys make their living from fifa they are making more money a year streaming then bloody doctors so again it make sense for them to have stacked accounts they reap the reward haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jayo26 wrote:
    From what I know all the early reviewers of the game were giving access to the game last week and each of their accounts that I seen last week had a stack of coins in them.

jayo26 wrote:
    Even the likes of Castro and nick28t them guys make their living from fifa they are making more money a year streaming then bloody doctors so again it make sense for them to have stacked accounts they reap the reward haha.

Yeah guess it's just a business expense for them. The amount they make from donations and subscriptions each stream is insane and that's before advertising and twitch partnerships etc. He's so annoying I just don't get it haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Isco will probably fly up once the game releases but do will most players so you'll get around the same value for your coins. Could sell him now and buy a good starter team of players that also look like they'll rise.

Advertisement