Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Traded goals with someone this morning to get the Xmas Pirlo. We each scored seven, to be safe :P

At the very least, a 91 rated card for 30k will come in handy for some of the tougher icons to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

For the pirlo thing is it 3 lobbed goals or do I have to lob it into another player to score

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shamrock55 wrote: »
    For the pirlo thing is it 3 lobbed goals or do I have to lob it into another player to score

Assist.

Btw is it L1 +triangle or L1+ square

Triangle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

No-one willing to let each other score these lobbed passes. Annoying

Try again, took me 2 attempts...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What I do is let them score first from kickoff. Pull all their players forward so with any bit of intelligence they cop what’s going on. There’s no other reason anyone would be playing this game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Sorted great stuff. Cost about 50k but looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Tempted to go for Pirlo but I doubt I'll ever use him. Think I'll hold out for more of these cards in the future, Kaka would be amazing.

• Advertisement

Tempted to go for Pirlo but I doubt I'll ever use him. Think I'll hold out for more of these cards in the future, Kaka would be amazing.

Super sub. Look at his stats

Blazer wrote: »
    Super sub. Look at his stats

Cam or cm?

I normally change strikers or wingers that can make a difference. Would Pirlo work as a cam?

78 pace would be enough and 99 passing could do the work I guess?

wonski wrote: »
    Cam or cm?

I normally change strikers or wingers that can make a difference. Would Pirlo work as a cam?

78 pace would be enough and 99 passing could do the work I guess?

Definitely.
    His finesse shots are ridiculous. He had 99 curve, penalties etc

Watch the YouTube review I posted in the last page or so. Will show you what he’s capable of.

Blazer wrote: »
    Definitely.
    His finesse shots are ridiculous. He had 99 curve, penalties etc

Watch the YouTube review I posted in the last page or so. Will show you what he’s capable of.

Will do. Happy with having him for 20k. If I paid attention it would cost me 6k only, but won't complain too much anyway.

Him, Lozano and Maguire as supersubs should do.

Played a couple of online games coming out with the keeper giving lads a chance to lob it into the box and the dopes just kept playing the game as normal,they must have thought I was nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Same thing happened me last night with a guy wanting an actual game of football, I even named my squad “Pirlo boost” ffs.

Anyway, I scored the three goals needed, the last one being a last minute winner, and I dabbed on him. All’s well that ends well. :)

Actually I am gonna do the Pirlo SBC, at worst it's a cheap 91 rated card you can use to massively boost the squad rating for other SBCs.

Actually I am gonna do the Pirlo SBC, at worst it's a cheap 91 rated card you can use to massively boost the squad rating for other SBCs.

shocking to use a pirlo card like that...but see your point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Problem with me for pirlo is that stamina he would only be good for a sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I struggle for gold 3/2 every week but somehow I've managed to turn my 1-1 start into 9-2.

My projected rank is elite 2 so for the first time ever I have a chance of getting one of those totw packs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2-13 record :(

I just absolutely detest the style you have to play in weekend league.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    2-13 record :(

I just absolutely detest the style you have to play in weekend league.

don't do it to yourself man :D
    Ever since I gave up SB I've enjoyed fifa a lot more and concentrating on fut league mode instead.
    I'm also gonna do my Pirlo pro player and do a few games online with him.

Did the Alessandrini SBC there, people always rave about his IF and I had that POTY Valeri that I never use in the club so he helped with the SBC rating a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Squad battles is much more chill... 10k + a few packs for winning twice on legendary. Gives you silver depending on score line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what style of play do you have to adapt for WL?

i play the same online as i do offline against a real player. don't adjust anything different.
    Some people can't handle the pressure of 40 games, and i get that, 40 games is a crazy amount to play.

Im PC so 25 is much more manageable.

you have to change your style to beat squad battles, the games completely different when against a real person.

Finally got pirlo,I played a lad who had man u kit,I'd Liverpool seemed wrong to let eachother score I let him have first 3 I only got my 3rd after 80 mins,we took is serious then and I beat him 4-3, sweet lol!!

Squad battles is much more chill... 10k + a few packs for winning twice on legendary. Gives you silver depending on score line.

that's it.
    I play the star team and 2 x legendary games in the whole week and that's enough for 2 packs and 10k or so.

Futmas cards for today look great, Wijnaldum, Koscielny, Nainggolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I need that wijnaldum. And Pirlo. And Salah. And maybe nainggolan :o I'm getting addicted to sbcs

• Advertisement

I bought a few high-rated players in anticipation of Icon SBCs last Thursday and still have a few 87 Icardis in the club, should fly up in price with Nainggolan needing IFs and an 87 rated team

Advertisement