Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'll be after wijnaldum too, I'm surprised how many people have him in their team

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yep, got Pirlo and then immediately traded him in for Nainggolan :p

What are the white and blue cards?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What are the white and blue cards?

These ones?

FIFA-18-TOTGS-Team-of-the-Group-Stage-FUT-18-ETOTT-European-Team-of-the-Tournaments-Ultimate-Team.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Still laugh every time I see that blind card haha only played against it once.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Still laugh every time I see that blind card haha only played against it once.

18 of my 30 sold so far :P I love him.

Knew I'd concede somehow as soon as my headed clearance went straight to my opponent's open player rather than in the direction I had chosen. https://streamable.com/lyhto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm 15-5 and I've lost all will to play.

I can beat icons, I can beat ronaldo and bale but I can't beat a midfield of antonio and sane :mad::(

A light pass hits my own defender and it ricochets like a bullet to his martial who just happens to be in acres of space.

He also fouled me from behind in the box yet his defender only gets a yellow and the penalty just happens to be saved :mad:

These ones?

FIFA-18-TOTGS-Team-of-the-Group-Stage-FUT-18-ETOTT-European-Team-of-the-Tournaments-Ultimate-Team.jpg

Yea,they can't be used in futmas ( wijnaldum) can they?

5 in 24 :/

Never doing this again. Just hate it. I'd like to get to Silver three out of principal but just despise the mode.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend some good not too expensive CMS for pl team and a cam,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good not too expensive CMS for pl team and a cam,thanks

What's your idea of not expensive? :pac:

IF Mooy was a beast for me at CM, and if you could afford his SIF he'd be an even bigger beast

Dembele was always good too, but a little low on stamina and usually the guy taken off for a supersub

For CAM you can't go wrong with Eriksen he does everything, and if you're good at shooting from distance and not an awful pacewhore Ibra does well at CAM too

What's your idea of not expensive? :pac:

IF Mooy was a beast for me at CM, and if you could afford his SIF he'd be an even bigger beast

Dembele was always good too, but a little low on stamina and usually the guy taken off for a supersub

For CAM you can't go wrong with Eriksen he does everything, and if you're good at shooting from distance and not an awful pacewhore Ibra does well at CAM too

Cheers I just got if mooy and he is a bit of a beast alright,he reminds me of naingolan when I had him and for a fraction of the price,I have futmas wijnaldum and the 91 pirlo but he brings chem a way down,I just wish I got him before I sold my calcio team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can prove stop complaining about WL already? The mode is the only real point of playing UT. You are testing yourself against the best players, it's not meant to be easy or everyone would get elite 1.

Maybe some of you just aren't very good?

I'm crap at the transfer market myself, would love to be as good as some of the lads here. I bought lukaku a couple for weeks ago to flip, spent 130k. He's half that now. Pretty benchwarmer.

Seems I've come down off the high of yesterday, managed to get 10 wins from 13 games and today I've gotten 2 wins from 5. Feels much more like last year when games felt decided within the first 5 minutes based on how players felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can prove stop complaining about WL already? The mode is the only real point of playing UT. You are testing yourself against the best players, it's not meant to be easy or everyone would get elite 1.

I'm crap at the transfer market myself, would love to be as good as some of the lads here. I bought lukaku a couple for weeks ago to flip, spent 130k. He's half that now. Pretty benchwarmer.

From what I can see, most people's problem isn't with the calibre of opponent. It's the amount of games and the timeframe you have to squeeze them into.

If you've any life at all, 40 games is impossible to play.
    25 like pc would be much better.
    There's hardly any players on pc though so you see the better players a lot more often I find. I was PS4 last year.

I just don't understand why it's limited to 3 days a week, is there any other video game on the planet that says "you can only play our competitive mode from Friday to Sunday"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can I just say to anyone worried about their team just don't!!!! I've a bloody defence of Ferdinand and baily and schmeicheal I goal and I'm getting beaten by teams with crappy forwards. You know when you see giroud sprinting ahead of Ferdinand in the first ten minutes to score a goal that you may aswel be beating your head off a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

RossieMan wrote: »

I'd normally be of a similar opinion to you, if people can go 40-0 then there's no real reason except ability stopping me, get better etc etc

I've played 4 weekend leagues this year, almost all have been a bit of a drag usually getting gold 3

Only gave online seasons a go for the first time last week and have been loving it so far, playing in it has actually been fun, games just feel a lot better and it's not just because I'm winning like from divisions 10-6, I'm in 5 now and won 4 and lost 4 so similar record to most of my weekend leagues

Played 3 games earlier today, and I might play another few this evening, I'm not under any pressure to finish x amount of games like in the weekend league and personally I can't play more than 5 in a sitting without it really dragging

• Advertisement

I'm so sick of playing a match for 20 minutes, only for the outcome to be decided like this

https://streamable.com/982k9

Seasons for me isn't a challenge. I won straight from division 10 to 1 without a single loss, Apart from a dodgy DC when I was 2-0 up.

UT is where the best players play. Might as well challenge yourself and improve. It's hard when you end up playing a team of legends, but it's a good challenge. The kick off bug is a piece of **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

WL players aren't necessarily good players. Just people who have the time to play 40 matches over the weekend. However a lot of fifa players work weekends and don't have an alternative weekday league. I mean how ****in hard is it to provide a 3 day league during the week?
    I've beaten guys who have gotten elite in WL and they've rage quit including one clown today hehe :D so to say WL is the end all and be all of FUT is an incorrect statement.

I don't like weekend league.

I don't like the asses that you tend to get matched against.

I don't mind losing to people genuinely better than me. Thats part and parcel of playing online. I don't massively enjoy losing 20 games in a row, and appreciate when the seasons mode in UT actually tries, at least in theory, tries to match you to roughly the same level of player and team. But yeah, Weekend League is a higher quality of player. Sometimes.

What annoys me is all the cheesey tactics; kick offs, ultra high or ultra low pressure. Constant watching of every replay in full, usually after 30 second long celebrations; the fore EAids the goal, the more. Because there's prizes, it's people playing to win, not playing to have fun. People playing for 1-0 wins. Its just all the parts of playing against someone that I despise, and I can't be bothered with.

That doesn't mean I don't get why others don't. It's just not enjoyable to me. I will say I tend to enjoy normal seasons way, way more cause it tends to be more hectic, more end to end, everyone just trying to score as many as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do we get free packs tomorrow? Can't remember what happened last year but I do remember getting free packs before in UT on Christmas day.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Do we get free packs tomorrow? Can't remember what happened last year but I do remember getting free packs before in UT on Christmas day.

Didn't get anything last year, they gave a free pack for chinese new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I echo others gripes with weekend league. It feels like a competitive mode in a game mode that simply isn't optimized for competitive play. With the amount of random stuff that decides matches ( interceptions magically going through your legs, auto-lunges and kick off goals) it feels like you might as well be trying to play competitive mario party. Sure the best players can overcome it but they're an extreme minority and a 40 game grind under the guise of a best of the best is just not feasible for most players.

It's a pity that playing the game itself is so frustrating because I really enjoyed the futmas sbcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Completed the daily group of SBCs and got SIF Mooy in my mega pack! Great return, might try him out soon

Hope everyone had a nice Xmas :)

Decided that hoarding my coins isn't doing much for my enjoyment, so decided to nab two untradables I've had my eye on for a while.

89z426c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Salah? He’s shocking bad. Futmas Musa is miles better than him. Salah is a sub for me now and i’ll Probably use him in an icon sbc or something.

Advertisement