Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ah, ye olde ****ty left fumstik. I feel for ya :(

It's a testament to how broken this game is that this has been happening for weeks and I always just figured it was the game messing up as usual :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

J. Marston wrote: »

Cost of that in Fifa Point money would have been €80. Could you imagine?

yep i can unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Managed todo the Rui Costa SBC for around 470k, Time to see if the hype is real

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Think I'll take the night off after that https://streamable.com/e7j55

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, I see the appeal of weekend thingy when I see the rewards I got for getting eight wins. Like, I only packed three 83s and none I'll use, but 10k and three good packs is more than I expected considering how badly I did....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Those were good rewards. I get gold 1/elite 3 or 2 and I never get much to talk about from the packs. I'd be happy with 3 boards.
    The in forms I get are always crap to. Monthly is released this Thursday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Managed todo the Rui Costa SBC for around 470k, Time to see if the hype is real

I did all the 83 and above bits for him. Just the last couple of bits to do. Trying to make some profit before finishing him and starting another. Have bought Morata OTWs at a super low price, so he has to get another IF before I can start doing them

Qualified for weekend league. Have played 10, won 7. The main issue for me is the hyper defensive play. I was walloped by a very good player in one game, but the other two I lost were close run things and at the end of both, the lads were passing around their backline to waste time. All for the sake of a slightly better pack. Can't see how they enjoy that ****

The only time I'll pass around the back is if my opponent is playing Ulta defensive counter attacking ****.

I find counter attacking worse than passing around the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    The only time I'll pass around the back is if my opponent is playing Ulta defensive counter attacking ****.

I find counter attacking worse than passing around the back.

I have absolutely no worries about saying that's me and when someone pm me to complain about me counter attacking I love it even more.

I don't get why different styles wind people up what's the difference in someone dunno g on counter attack to someone that over loads the opposition half with high press and takes pot shots at goal it don't make anyone a supreme being you do what you do to win within rules and without taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

The import thing on futbin is back :D

Switched to 4321 with martial and willian after 10 matches because what's the point trying to play any other way

jayo26 wrote: »
    I have absolutely no worries about saying that's me and when someone pm me to complain about me counter attacking I love it even more.

I don't get why different styles wind people up what's the difference in someone dunno g on counter attack to someone that over loads the opposition half with high press and takes pot shots at goal it don't make anyone a supreme being you do what you do to win within rules and without taking the piss.
    The issue with counter attacking is that it relies on the other player to do the work for you. If both players do that, the game would be stalemate after stalemate. Its like camping in an FPS, it relies on the more adventurous player to feed you kills but if everyone hid around the place nobody would play the game.

Whatever youre into like, and I have won probably 75% of my online games this year so its not like I can't defeat this style. Its just not my thing.

The issue with counter attacking is that it relies on the other player to do the work for you. If both players do that, the game would be stalemate after stalemate. Its like camping in an FPS, it relies on the more adventurous player to feed you kills but if everyone hid around the place nobody would play the game.

Whatever youre into like, and I have won probably 75% of my online games this year so its not like I can't defeat this style. Its just not my thing.

Mine isn't so much by choice it's more to do with the fact it's the only way I can negate high pressure teams. If you go head to head it's a 10 goal game.

Well my weekend league is over :o:(

Lost 4-3 to a guy who scored a hattrick of kick off goals by just sprinting at my braindead ai with sbc promes.

Then lost 3-1 to a guy who sprinted at me with mane all game, scoring two goals because my low pressure defensive system resulted in my centre backs being on the halfway line :confused: And of course the third was a penalty because nearly every game has one.

I was going to keep playing each weekend to get some coins to put towards del piero but what's the point when I might aswell throw jonjo shelvey up front and he'll score loads as long as martial is next to him and the formation is 4-1-2-1-2 (2) :mad: /rant over

jayo26 wrote:

jayo26 wrote:

Ya see that's bollocks. If I play someone like that, I go 1-0 I'll pass so they have to come out and play football.

I have no interest in winning 1-0, but I won't lose to someone who's afraid to attack. Counter attacking speed whores are what's wrong with weekend league. Be much better if people just played the game.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ya see that's bollocks. If I play someone like that, I go 1-0 I'll pass so they have to come out and play football.

I have no interest in winning 1-0, but I won't lose to someone who's afraid to attack. Counter attacking speed whores are what's wrong with weekend league. Be much better if people just played the game.

It's not about been afraid to attack it's more to do with its impossible to attack when someone is on high pressure cranked up to the last you can't get a second to build up an attack or pass around their half all you can do is soak it up and let them make a mistake or tire out.

My custom tactics are set to ma out attack every game I think I sent tsc them one time to show him but I always invariably get pressed into my own half by lads on high pressure so it turns into counter attack.

I dont complain about it I deal with it and if I'm beaten I don't really mind I just hate been beaten by scrappy goals.

Each to their own. I find high pressure brilliant got making attacks as it means there's loads of space and they're always out of position. You need to just pass between the players and move.

Every game is different I suppose. I find UT fierce scripted anyway, impossible to predict what'll happen sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

So, after battling with EA about points that went missing during the server drop they finally gave in, only after I showed them a PSN transaction history and a copy of the receipt. So i was saving up for IF Benatia and who bloody walks out on my first pack.
    LTcSxrq.jpg
    I think he looks great in a Bohs kit.
    So any suggestions how I can strengthen this squad.
    sbl5y4q.png

Also...
    How do you post images directly to this site without using a host site ?
    Sorry for the huge images

you have to use a host site or you can just attach the pic

Blazer wrote: »
    you have to use a host site or you can just attach the pic

Yeh they are hosted to Imugr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

14murphy wrote: »
    So, after battling with EA about points that went missing during the server drop they finally gave in, only after I showed them a PSN transaction history and a copy of the receipt. So i was saving up for IF Benatia and who bloody walks out on my first pack.
    LTcSxrq.jpg
    I think he looks great in a Bohs kit.
    So any suggestions how I can strengthen this squad.
    sbl5y4q.png

Also...
    How do you post images directly to this site without using a host site ?
    Sorry for the huge images

I'd definitely have naingolan in there and dybala at cam

Yeh they are hosted to Imugr

before uploading select the screen size on the right hand size. 1024x768 is fine for images.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I'd definitely have naingolan in there and dybala at cam

I dunno I like Matuidi. He is some work horse. Yeh the next big purchase will be Dybala at CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dunno I like Matuidi. He is some work horse. Yeh the next big purchase will be Dybala at CAM.

Yea keep matuidi,put naingolan at left or right mid, I played a 4321 and had matuidi,naingolan and hamsik as my cms

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea keep matuidi,put naingolan at left or right mid, I played a 4321 and had matuidi,naingolan and hamsik as my cms

Would Naingolan do a job at RM ? I like Insigne but could giver or take Callejon

Bought 20 Atsu so far.

Then packed one from my Daily Xmas SBC :P

Oh, Futbin's SBC Club analyser is back. :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, Futbin's SBC Club analyser is back. :)

Some more info
    https://www.futbin.com/news/articles/45/Import+My+Club

Just like every other time I swear I'm done with weekend league I change my formation and back I go again :pac:

Now I play 4-1-2-1-2 and when it hits 60 mins I bring martial on as striker,sane as cam and pirlo behind him. 3 matches played. Won 3 even though I was losing before I brought them on in each match.

Also got my first salty loser message: " Congratulations on your ass" which is odd because it sounds like a complement :P:pac:

• Advertisement

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Just like every other time I swear I'm done with weekend league I change my formation and back I go again :pac:

Now I play 4-1-2-1-2 and when it hits 60 mins I bring martial on as striker,sane as cam and pirlo behind him. 3 matches played. Won 3 even though I was losing before I brought them on in each match.

Also got my first salty loser message: " Congratulations on your ass" which is odd because it sounds like a complement :P:pac:

I’m loving that formation this year. It’s been my favorite formation for years.

Advertisement