Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah guess it's just a business expense for them. The amount they make from donations and subscriptions each stream is insane and that's before advertising and twitch partnerships etc. He's so annoying I just don't get it haha

I don't watch any of them really I used to watch Nick but he is a pain to listen too now I can't stand hyped voices or others have fake Latino accents.

Whatever about buying packs but the idea of watching someone open packs and actually paying them to open packs is way over my head haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Definitely the buggiest Fifa in recent years.
    Had 3 disconnects in a row since last night.
    Also played a game yesterday and couldn't change subs whatsoever. To make it worse I was looking at my opponents team and could make subs on-screen but they wouldn't carry over in the game.
    In the end the only way I could sub players were waiting for the quick sub prompt and using it. It looks like the in-game menu thought I was trying to set up quick subs rather than making actual substitutions.

Blazer wrote: »
    Definitely the buggiest Fifa in recent years.
    Had 3 disconnects in a row since last night.
    Also played a game yesterday and couldn't change subs whatsoever. To make it worse I was looking at my opponents team and could make subs on-screen but they wouldn't carry over in the game.
    In the end the only way I could sub players were waiting for the quick sub prompt and using it. It looks like the in-game menu thought I was trying to set up quick subs rather than making actual substitutions.

In fairness it will probably be updated on launch day it's the same every year full of a few buggs at the start.

jayo26 wrote: »
    In fairness it will probably be updated on launch day it's the same every year full of a few buggs at the start.

oh EA are infamous for bugs and especially connection issues for all their games. Greedy pricks won't spend a few hundred grand on servers for launch day even thought they know there's gonna be issues. Happens across every single one of their games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Apologies if wrong place to ask but son wanting this on release day for PS4. What are the best options for buying? Last year think I bought it for 99 euro and he got x amount of packs during the season..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Most of those guys have sponsors like those FIFA coins websites, they would receive things through them as well.

Apologies if wrong place to ask but son wanting this on release day for PS4. What are the best options for buying? Last year think I bought it for 99 euro and he got x amount of packs during the season..

If you don't mind buying digital copy you get 10 percent off the icon edition when you buy it threw fifa 17 menu.

oh EA are infamous for bugs and especially connection issues for all their games. Greedy pricks won't spend a few hundred grand on servers for launch day even thought they know there's gonna be issues. Happens across every single one of their games.

Happens nearly every big game from all publishers Ubisoft are worse then ea I think. Ea had the worst launch ever with battlefield 4 I think but Ubisoft fluff up every launch for any major game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decided to do one of the Mexican teams in the SBC. Ended up paying more than I had expected, and it cost me 7k to do.

Annoyed, I open the reward pack.

m5ArMrP.jpg

I'm having insane luck this year. Thats 140k which is more than I got for my real cash :P

^^ u jammy git :D

• Advertisement

Happens nearly every big game from all publishers Ubisoft are worse then ea I think. Ea had the worst launch ever with battlefield 4 I think but Ubisoft fluff up every launch for any major game.

yep ubisoft suck...i refuse to buy any ubisoft games after the crap they pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

If you don't mind buying digital copy you get 10 percent off the icon edition when you buy it threw fifa 17 menu.

Might as well buy digital as in fairness he plays it all year round.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Played a few games last night.

Agree on the keepers, they're absolute trash at the minute.
    So much so you feel aggrieved when you have a shot saved.

Feels and looks a lot different than last year, I didn't bother with the demo so my first game was online.

I still don't like how they haven't fixed the power bar, since 14 you've had far less control of the pass power, its completely random.

Playing with crosses on semi assisted and it needs patching, they keep going way out towards the D like I'm using auto and holding hard left.

Had one infuriating incident where I tackled exactly where the opponent was, made zero contact with ball or man and he scored a few seconds later.
    It was ridiculous that I hit nothing as I couldn't have hit a better zone.

It only happened once in 5 games but that was more than enough given the end result.

Overall though it seems better than 17 but the keepers and crosses need to be fixed.

Was playing last night and my 10 hour trial ran out mid game obviously I lost the game grand didn't mind.

I have morata on my team that I replace with Gabriel jesus today and morata price had risen to 30k his maximum bin so I went to sell him I'll never get more then that for him.

Can't bloody sell him because he was on pitch when game disconnected for fek sake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If you buy the game after your 10 hours are up on EA access can you keep playing or do you have to wait till the 29th like every other bum?

Ended up with about 105K from a small bit of trading and some lucky cards.
    Ended up with the below team with around 40k to spare.
    Have Neuer and some italian keeper loaners to use up before I splash out on a BPL keeper so hopefully Lloris will have dropped by that stage.

dSE1YHk.png

Lukker- wrote: »
    If you buy the game after your 10 hours are up on EA access can you keep playing or do you have to wait till the 29th like every other bum?

If you get icon edition you play on 26th or is it if you have ea access ha can't member

If you get icon edition you play on 26th or is it if you have ea access ha can't member

i think its the icon edition. I know EA access gave you 3 days early access as well but not sure if it was with the ultimate editions before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Liamalone wrote: »
    Splurged £30 on Fifa points. Adam llalama was the best along with Steven N'Zonzi. That's it, no more Fifa points.

Adam blooming Lalalanna!

No wonder Fifa love UT so much.. Detestable mode imo.

Yakult wrote: »
    No wonder Fifa love UT so much.. Detestable mode imo.

Why because people choose to spend money on it with no rewards?

I'd say it's the individuals problem for expecting to get lucky and been pissed off at it.

The game and mode is extremely playable without ever spending a penny as plenty of others have said it gives you full range of every feature without putting any extra money into the game it doesn't force you to pay money to play ultimate team people choose to do it.

• Advertisement

I was going to post a clip but I lost connection before it happened.

The games a complete mess.

The defending is all over the place.

I had a moment there where the ball ricocheted off my player back to the opponent who then scored, nothing out of the norm but when I watched the end of game reply my CB was directly in front of the guy that scored and went exactly where the ball was and...nothing... might as well of been a ghost.

I'll post a clip of that next time it happens.

To compound as well by goalie punched a shot going across goal, under him and into the net the opposite direction to where the shot was going.

It's just game after game of goalies having shots directly at them going in and a collision system that means tackles are all over the place, you'll never win it cleanly either it always bobbles away.

I'll finish the trial but unless there's a massive patch to address gameplay in the next week I'll go back to PES this year.... so far this is an absolute mess.

You could have 10 shots but unless they're on target you won't benefit from the dodgy goalies and players scuff more shots than ever before(I had a 1v1 on an angle in the last game and he scuffed the finesse a mile wide.

that's what I was saying above..this year's fifa is incredibly bugged and there's no way these weren't spotted during QA..expect a fairly hefty patch Day 1 at least..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Looking at twitch there and a French guy has nearly a million coins and is opening pack after pack, how has he got all those coins already ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Looking at twitch there and a French guy has nearly a million coins and is opening pack after pack, how has he got all those coins already ?

Streamers...
    1. Often have deals with coin sellers, etc, who give gem tonnes of coins.
    2. Get so much in donations from fans who want to see them opening hundreds of packs so shell out cash to the,.

Remember for those of us with early access don't splash the cash on 26th on points. The OTW cards don't kick in until 29th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Remember for those of us with early access don't splash the cash on 26th on points. The OTW cards don't kick in until 29th Sept.

My plan is to put a few points into the game and do drafts from Tues-Fri and open the wealth of amazing packs I'll have on Friday after OTW arrives, I'll have a few k as well from games and coin unlocks by that stage too

Same with SBCs I'm leaving any of the good ones until OTW arrives

My plan is to put a few points into the game and do drafts from Tues-Fri and open the wealth of amazing packs I'll have on Friday after OTW arrives, I'll have a few k as well from games and coin unlocks by that stage too

Same with SBCs I'm leaving any of the good ones until OTW arrives

sounds like a plan :)

Lads hold off spending money on this until there's word of a patch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXj4gsPb3F8

Look at this video attached.

The defensive line logic is broken, I've started to notice when around the box the defenders will start dropping back behind the line... opens up the possibility for the ball to be passed into the net.

In that clip a midfielder tracking a run breaks the defensive line by 20 yards following a runner which creates a pass to an otherwise offside player in the middle who misses a sitter.

In general play, high up the pitch the defenders hold the line fine but close to goal they start just falling back into silly areas and will just track runners way behind their team mates.

I think this can be abused as sending players on a run means that defender will just keep following the attacker and you can exploit the space in other areas.

Took me 13 games to notice this so its not immediately noticeable but if you watch gameshare footage you'll start to notice defenders just following runners into ridiculous areas over and over... that clip takes the biscuit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What's the best route to go down for someone starting from scratch (i.e. no prior team and therefore no access to the app until release date) and who would prefer not to spend any cash on points?

• Advertisement

Lads hold off spending money on this until there's word of a patch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXj4gsPb3F8

Look at this video attached.

The defensive line logic is broken, I've started to notice when around the box the defenders will start dropping back behind the line... opens up the possibility for the ball to be passed into the net.

In that clip a midfielder tracking a run breaks the defensive line by 20 yards following a runner which creates a pass to an otherwise offside player in the middle who misses a sitter.

In general play, high up the pitch the defenders hold the line fine but close to goal they start just falling back into silly areas and will just track runners way behind their team mates.

I think this can be abused as sending players on a run means that defender will just keep following the attacker and you can exploit the space in other areas.

Took me 13 games to notice this so its not immediately noticeable but if you watch gameshare footage you'll start to notice defenders just following runners into ridiculous areas over and over... that clip takes the biscuit though.

the game is seriously bugged.
    It doesn't matter what speed your players are..even players like Juan Mata and Cazorla can run like the clappers.
    In the custom tactics I found all my settings were all set to 128...even though it's only supposed to go to 100.
    Once I dialled it down a bit my team and passing were a bit more manageable but still was incredibly fast.

Advertisement