Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

will TOTY be released today...im thinking it will

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 wins in seven. If I keep that up, I should well clear my target of ten wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    3 wins in seven. If I keep that up, I should well clear my target of ten wins.

You could easily surpass it mate my hit rates can start off slow and take a spike in the middle.

I usually target 50 percent win rate that is 20 wins from 40 so if you do the same win your next game and your 4 from 8 :)

Probably means nothing but just something to target from game to game and realise that a poor win rate can easily be turned with a few consecutive wins.

Just noticed my SBC Cavaini is on 69 goals in 67 games.

I've never had a "100 goals in 100 games" player before. Getting excited to see if I can hit that mark for the first time.

And only about half are corners too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads like you is how tsc makes his money :) he should be ashamed :)

I was browsing web app in work, and the stupid track pad on my laptop is knackered resulting in an accidental click. Figure he will settle under 600k, and TOTY will be out soon so a crash is imminent as people sell their cards, so I reckon I will lose a good bit. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'm 2-2 and that's only because I managed to come from 2-0 down at half time with a center back sent off in my last match :o

You know it's not your day when the low driven shot you scored a 100 times before hits the post giving the other guy a counter attack where he scores off the post :(

I emptied my club of worthless golds into the la liga upgrades packs so I have over 20 packs saved for toty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can you even get in forms in those packs? Not packed any yet from them.

Potm for december is between alonso,arnoutavic,firmino,salah,kane,lingard, mahrez and otamendi.

If firmino wins I will sell my club to get him if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Do you think Salah will get a Hero card for the African POTY or will EA shaft him again?
    I have his bloody OTW you see......

Also, on the OTW, might be an idea to get a few cheap ones now to prepare for the end of the transfer window when they release the new ones. Last year I think you needed to use an existing one to get the tradeable version?

Probably be a Van Dijk one, maybe a Coutinho one too.
    If Sanchez does move from City to Arsenal that might be a bloody MEGA card

Shaft him again? He only finished a potm lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Shaft him again? He only finished a potm lol.

he's been well shafted in order for EA to grease their mitts.
    He should have had 1 x IF after the hero card and following that a TOTGS card.
    EA didn't give him either as they knew if he was in the POTM it would drive pack sales up.
    Fact is his card should be a 89 at least already.

Of course they won't over load a card too soon. Its only January at that rate he would be a 95 or so again tots comes around.

Of course they won't over load a card too soon. Its only January at that rate he would be a 95 or so again tots comes around.

his tots card will be absolutely unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

5 games down in WL, 3 wins. I’ve learned I need to learn how to defend properly. Might switch to legacy defending if that affects UT.

And maybe somehow convince Virgin to expand their lines over to my house too....it’s available 5m down the road but only Eir is available at mine. The connection has been so bad for the last few days, been getting that speed lag in every game.

5 games down in WL, 3 wins. I’ve learned I need to learn how to defend properly. Might switch to legacy defending if that affects UT.

I don't think they let you use legacy in online matches.

6 games down and I'm 2-4 which is my worst start ever. I lost a game 6-7 on penalties and I lost another because matuidi raced past my defence :rolleyes:

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I don't think they let you use legacy in online matches.

6 games down and I'm 2-4 which is my worst start ever. I lost a game 6-7 on penalties and I lost another because matuidi raced past my defence :rolleyes:

My 3rd win was a 94th min equaliser to make it 4-4. Got a pen in the 115th min to bring it to 5-4 and in the 120th min, Son scores to secure it..unreal scenes. 6-4 it ended after being down 4-1 going into the second half.

Went from 3-4 to 3-8 :(

My connection is ****ed this week...nothing but speed up lag. Impossible to play. Was dominating one guy, went up 1-0 connection was fine. Starts lagging and he scored 4 from 4...

Went from 2-4 to to 5-4 thanks to a 5-4 win in my last match due to a 90th minute volley from sbc pirlo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    his tots card will be absolutely unreal.

Will it though? What can really be improved? He'll still have that awful 2 star weak foot.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Will it though? What can really be improved? He'll still have that awful 2 star weak foot.

If he scores a few more with his right no doubt it will get an increase. Also physicality can be improved as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Made a solid start to the wl, managed to go 6-0 Inc a 8-1 win where your man fell to pieces.
    Only played twice this year and was gold 3/2 so hoping to make gold 1 this time.
    Anyone else on Ps4?

Swapped my Italian team in for a hybrid, Jesus is by far the best striker I've used. Dunno how he's that much better than per say Mertens who I used for a bit.

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2836389

Have about 500k to upgrade once toty hits.... Anyone any suggestions?
    Thinking the bayern triangle on the left, kante for bakayoko and chiellini for barzagli.

I'd like to upgrade a winger but can't think of anyone who fits chem wise.

urgh....looking at toty nominiations the only ones I can see for the BPL are Kane,Hazard, Kante and De Gea.
    There's not a chance in hell anyone else from BPL will get in. DO they have subs? I'm sure EA would try and squeeze in a few more just to sell packs.

GOALKEEPERS
    ���� Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus
    ���� David de Gea, Manchester United
    ���� Keylor Navas, Real Madrid
    ���� Manuel Neuer, FC Bayern München
    ���� Jan Oblak, Atlco Madrid

DEFENDERS
    Dani Alves (Juventus/Paris Saint-Germain), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus/AC Milan), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Kamil Glik (Monaco), Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Benjamin Mendy (Monaco/Manchester City), Thomas Meunier (Paris Saint-Germain), Gerard Pique (FC Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Davinson Sanchez (Ajax/Tottenham Hotspur), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Antonio Valencia (Manchester United)

MIDFIELDERS
    Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur), Fabinho (Monaco), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Andres Iniesta (FC Barcelona), Isco (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Manchester United), Luka Modric (Real Madrid), Miralem Pjanic (Juventus), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid)

STRIKERS
    Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain), Paulo Dybala (Juventus), Radamel Falcao (Monaco), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), Neymar (FC Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Luis Suarez (FC Barcelona), Kylian Mbappe (Monaco/Paris Saint-Germain)

I'm 5-12 now.

The thing is, while I'm losi, I can see I've gotten used enough to the styles I'm playing against that I'm barely losing. I can see improvements in how I'm doing.

Mind, not sure how many more games I'll get played now. Out all day today, and have a busy day tomorrow as well.

Have about 500k to upgrade once toty hits.... Anyone any suggestions?
    Thinking the bayern triangle on the left, kante for bakayoko and chiellini for barzagli.

I'd like to upgrade a winger but can't think of anyone who fits chem wise.

Kante isn't worth the 100k upgrade from bakayoko imo and I've used both of them for 200 odd games.

If I were you I'd invest in nainggolan at rcm or vidal at lcm. If you got vidal you could swap sane for sanchez.

As for toty, Pogba will probably get in even though he doesn't deserve it because they seem to give him an in form every time he manages to tie his shoes to sell packs:pac:

Blazer wrote: »
    urgh....looking at toty nominiations the only ones I can see for the BPL are Kane,Hazard, Kante and De Gea.
    There's not a chance in hell anyone else from BPL will get in. DO they have subs? I'm sure EA would try and squeeze in a few more just to sell packs.

GOALKEEPERS
    ���� Gianluigi Buffon, Juventus
    ���� David de Gea, Manchester United
    ���� Keylor Navas, Real Madrid
    ���� Manuel Neuer, FC Bayern München
    ���� Jan Oblak, Atlco Madrid

DEFENDERS
    ���� David Alaba, FC Bayern München
    ���� Jordi Alba, FC Barcelona
    ���� Dani Alves, Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Jme Boateng, FC Bayern München
    ���� Leonardo Bonucci, Juventus/AC Milan
    ���� Dani Carvajal, Real Madrid
    ���� Giorgio Chiellin, Juventus
    ���� Diego God Atlco Madrid
    ���� Mats Hummels, FC Bayern München
    ���� Phillipp Lahm, FC Bayern München/retired
    ���� David Luiz, Chelsea FC
    ���� Marcelo, Real Madrid
    ���� Javier Mascherano, FC Barcelona
    ���� Pepe, Real Madrid/Besiktaş
    ���� Gerard PiquFC Barcelona
    ���� Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid
    ���� Thiago Silva, Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Samuel Umtiti, FC Barcelona
    ���� Antonio Valencia, Manchester United
    ���� RaphaVarane, Real Madrid

MIDFIELDERS
    ���� Thiago Alcara, FC Bayern München
    ���� Sergio Busquets, FC Barcelona
    ���� Casemiro, Real Madrid
    ���� Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool FC
    ���� Eden Hazard, Chelsea FC
    ���� AndrIniesta, FC Barcelona
    ���� Isco, Real Madrid
    ���� N’Golo KantChelsea FC
    ���� Toni Kroos, Real Madrid
    ���� Nemanja Matić, Chelsea/Manchester United
    ���� Luka Modrić, Real Madrid
    ���� Mesut il, Arsenal FC
    ���� Paul Pogba, Manchester United
    ���� Marco Verratti, Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Arturo Vidal, FC Bayern München

STRIKERS
    ���� Gareth Bale, Real Madrid
    ���� Karim Benzema, Real Madrid
    ���� Edinson Cavani, Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Paulo Dybala, Juventus
    ���� Antoine Griezmann, Atlco Madrid
    ���� Zlatan Ibrahimović, Manchester United
    ���� Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur
    ���� Robert Lewandowski, FC Bayern München
    ���� Romelu Lukaku, Manchester United
    ���� Kylian MbappAS Monaco/Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona
    ���� Neymar JR, Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain
    ���� Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid
    ���� Alexis Shez, Arsenal FC
    ���� Luis Suz, FC Barcelona

That list is from the October fifa awards that already have been announced?????

Gyan84 wrote: »
    As for toty, Pogba will probably get in even though he doesn't deserve it because they seem to give him an in form every time he manages to tie his shoes to sell packs:pac:

Ea sports never before decided toty they always just released cards of the players that made the oficial fifa list... Its just this year the awards were held in October instead of the usual January.

Just had one of my worst games...4-0 down after 30 mins. Butland cant save a thing and I can’t pass the ball out.

Just had another game where I conceded 4 times because I couldn’t defend due to lag...screen would freeze and speed up, next thing he’s in the box 1v1 with my keeper and my player for some reason has ran to the opposing box.

That list is from the October fifa awards that already have been announced?????

basically the exact same list for team of the year.

Blazer wrote: »
    basically the exact same list for team of the year.

But that was the toty already announced back then there is no other one to come?

• Advertisement

But that was the toty already announced back then there is no other one to come?

Nope.
    That's why there was a market crash back in October as it was leaked that EA was going to release the cards back then but they had to come out and say they would be released in Jan.

Advertisement