Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really hope they fix penalties next year because right now it's such a joke, you've a better chance of scoring if you just slowly roll it slightly to either side than if you aim right into the top corner, keepers just jump over the ball. Can't be arsed spending 20 minutes playing a WL game just to lose to this https://streamable.com/8gu9f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I really hope they fix penalties next year because right now it's such a joke, you've a better chance of scoring if you just slowly roll it slightly to either side than if you aim right into the top corner, keepers just jump over the ball. Can't be arsed spending 20 minutes playing a WL game just to lose to this https://streamable.com/8gu9f

I don't see problem with that the keeper is diving high because analogue stick was pressed that way you know before he takes the shot how high the ball was going to be so it's a 1 in 3 chance of saving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was 15-8, now I'm 19-17. I've lost 4 penalty shoot outs including 2 in a row. :rolleyes: I hate the last 20 games every weekend league because unlike the first half, one kick off or stupid penalty can be the difference in a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This game.... 20 shots, 12 on target to his 10 shots 4 on target....he wins 1-0 :( once I get silver 1 I’m finished for the night. Just the one win left

https://imgur.com/a/G7Euh

Finished for this weekend....15W 16L. Tried for the Gold 3 but too tired. Enough of the ranting until next weekend, if I qualify!

• Advertisement

Finished Gold 1 with a couple to spare, seems I always hit a wall around 20 wins where I'm just destined to lose like 5 in a row, then the game gets easy again and I win the rest of them.

Finished Gold 1 with a couple to spare, seems I always hit a wall around 20 wins where I'm just destined to lose like 5 in a row, then the game gets easy again and I win the rest of them.

Happens me every week after 10 or so wins I was 10 and 4 but then only squeezed 18 on the last game.

I had lovely passing game going at start of weekend by the end I was playing like Martin O'Neill was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So I qualified for the WL for the first time, have tried a few times before but never really invested the time to qualify. Sat down to play my first game, load up the Xbox and Booooom.. my power brick blows :pac: new one already ordered and should be here by Wednesday to try again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

astradave wrote: »
    So I qualified for the WL for the first time, have tried a few times before but never really invested the time to qualify. Sat down to play my first game, load up the Xbox and Booooom.. my power brick blows :pac: new one already ordered and should be here by Wednesday to try again

Forgot the first version had the massive power brick.

Blazer wrote: »
    Forgot the first version had the massive power brick.

Yep, wanted to upgrade to the X but can’t afford it with the new baby so am stuck getting a cheapo replica off amazon :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

astradave wrote: »
    Yep, wanted to upgrade to the X but can’t afford it with the new baby so am stuck getting a cheapo replica off amazon :/

Babies are expensive as I found out. All my little niche hobbies like photography and golf all went the way of the dodo when the little bollix arrived. But congrats :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Babies are expensive as I found out. All my little niche hobbies like photography and golf all went the way of the dodo when the little bollix arrived. But congrats :)

I’m just glad that herself would rather me out of the house playing golf one of the days than in there annoying her and the lad :pac:

Tempted to sell my club and build myself something like this:
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2890154

Obviously I'd be doing the sbc for piero (which would mean I'd probably do deco as well since I need a cf to trade in) so keeping that in mind is now a good time to sell/buy ?

If you can afford to just buy him straight, I’d do that. 1.3m is a good price at the moment as he was hovering around 1.4-1.5m a week or so ago (PS4).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Watch coutinho rating go way up now that he's gone to Barcelona,I mean busquets is still an 86,and iniesta still 88

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

86 rated squad done for Overmars now. Just got the 84 and 85 to do.

Not sure whether to do Shearer or Deco next though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    86 rated squad done for Overmars now. Just got the 84 and 85 to do.

Not sure whether to do Shearer or Deco next though.

If you need strength in midfield I can't recommend petite enough he is brilliant for me.

I was going to do Carlos but after looking at the stats im actually just gonna get his 88 card there ain't much difference and half the price.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Tempted to sell my club and build myself something like this:
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2890154

Obviously I'd be doing the sbc for piero (which would mean I'd probably do deco as well since I need a cf to trade in) so keeping that in mind is now a good time to sell/buy ?

If you're playing him at striker I'd actually go for the 87 version, he's faster and has better workrates.

Also used the 88 Kluivert for the WL and he's brilliant, first player I've used who feels properly dominant in the air, wins every goal kick and scores headers from anywhere, add to that his good pace, dribbling, shooting, and 4* skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Anyone got experience with IF Allan. Thinking of putting him into my serie A squad. His stats completely outshine matuidi.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Anyone got experience with IF Allan. Thinking of putting him into my serie A squad. His stats completely outshine matuidi.

Yep defiantly go for him. His stats are actually better then nainagolin only thing he lacks is height.

So EA released the info on TOTY there, basically there's a list of players for each position and FIFA YouTubers and the like get to vote on their TOTY and that accounts for 60%, then EA get the remaining 40% say. Once a consensus TOTY is chosen they'll release them into packs as usual.

So despite suggesting the TOTY event will be very different this year it's basically the exact same only some YouTubers get a say in who gets elected, but even if EA don't like one of their choices they can just use their own vote to put in whoever they want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy ****, I packed a draft token!

I forgot to include the ea tax before selling my players so I only have 850k. Still should be enough to get untradable piero since I have some untradeables to use towards him.

Will the toty be released in packs next monday so ? I ask because after I do deco and piero I'll have about 35 packs but I'll desperately need coins so I'm wondering if I should open a few or just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I forgot to include the ea tax before selling my players so I only have 850k. Still should be enough to get untradable piero since I have some untradeables to use towards him.

Will the toty be released in packs next monday so ? I ask because after I do deco and piero I'll have about 35 packs but I'll desperately need coins so I'm wondering if I should open a few or just wait.

They'll be in packs next monday and going on years past it will the defense for 2 days, midfielders for 2 days, forwards for 2 days, then all of them for another 2 days I think

If there's a few cards in TOTY thats not normally in TOTY then there might be a bit of hype about it so could well be a price drop I'd be thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I hear a lot of ye going on about Costa, don't hear much on overmars what's people's opinions on him and would the sbc be worth doing can do the86 pretty much have the cards would be buying the players to the rest of them

Anyone else feel like there's not much to do during the week? Feel like I'm just waiting to see if there's an SBC out and otherwise just waiting WL rewards and then the start of the WL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

seamie78 wrote: »
    I hear a lot of ye going on about Costa, don't hear much on overmars what's people's opinions on him and would the sbc be worth doing can do the86 pretty much have the cards would be buying the players to the rest of them

Packed Prime Overmars a while back. Honestly, a good winger but not amazing. Up to yourself, but as good can be got without depositing coins into am SBC.

So it seems a lot of people are being refunded any packs they opened while the most recent batch of Prime Icons were said to be released but weren't actually in packs, though it's either not an instant process for everyone or I'm just not getting any packs back :p

• Advertisement

I got 4 rare players packs that I never opened hahaha.

Advertisement