Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay my packs arrived :D

81+ x5
    Premium Gold Players
    Jumbo Premium Gold x3
    Rare Gold x2
    Rare Mega x2
    Rare Players
    Jumbo Rare Players

aaaaaaaand a Silver pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bailly was best card from them.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bailly was best card from them.

Better than me, best player I got was Draxler, the 100k pack had 83 Valero as the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

What are those free packs from? :eek:

EDIT: nvm, I realise now....hopefully I get those marquee matchups packs I opened then!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 rare gold packs
    Jumbo premium gold pack
    Gold pack.

Awesome.

• Advertisement

Fathi best of the lot. 10k I was t expecting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Guess who thought he was smart holding all his packs since before christmas for toty and now regrets it :(

The 81+ two player packs from the SBC were untradeable back then but the refunded ones were tradeable, opened like 50 of them but only 5 in the timeframe that warranted a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Opened my 3 refunded mega packs hoping to get some sbc fodder and the best player I got was bakayoko :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So EA released the info on TOTY there, basically there's a list of players for each position and FIFA YouTubers and the like get to vote on their TOTY and that accounts for 60%, then EA get the remaining 40% say. Once a consensus TOTY is chosen they'll release them into packs as usual.

So despite suggesting the TOTY event will be very different this year it's basically the exact same only some YouTubers get a say in who gets elected, but even if EA don't like one of their choices they can just use their own vote to put in whoever they want.

its utter bull****.
    Guaranteed Pogba will get one even if no one voted for him EA will make sure he does for the pack sales.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    its utter bull****.
    Guaranteed Pogba will get one even if no one voted for him EA will make sure he does for the pack sales.

You can rest easy man Pogba isn't nominated at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Finally got my icon and after cleaning out the club have got these two squads in rotation, now I have to find time to play with them!

hots wrote: »
    Finally got my icon and after cleaning out the club have got these two squads in rotation, now I have to find time to play with them!

Why not use Costa in the 2nd one?

Blazer wrote: »
    Why not use Costa in the 2nd one?

Ya mean douglas costa in the second squad or Rui Costa in both? Old Fifa habit, always have two full teams to rotate and always have full chem on everyone! :o

hots wrote: »
    Ya mean douglas costa in the second squad or Rui Costa in both? Old Fifa habit, always have two full teams to rotate and always have full chem on everyone! :o

Fitness cards are so cheap it pays to have one or two class players in both squads and just use a fitness card.

For you to put a player like Costa in the second squad 8t would cost 700k or so.. it be easier to use him in both and use a 150 coin fitness card each time.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fitness cards are so cheap it pays to have one or two class players in both squads and just use a fitness card.

For you to put a player like Costa in the second squad 8t would cost 700k or so.. it be easier to use him in both and use a 150 coin fitness card each time.

Fair point, might rejig that first one so!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

always used to rotate myself but once you get to the stage of having an expensive team makes much more sense to use squad fitness, spend a million on a team why not spend 800 every couple of games, if your second team was worth a million as well it would take well over a 1000 games for rotation to make sense. much better having a 2 million team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Does the Hamsik SBC ever expire? I started it last night and had nearly 30k in the bank but I'm now broke after only completing Atalanta and Benevento. That's despite the fact that I packed inform Lovren in my rewards for Atalanta. I'm afraid after pumping a decent amount of coins into it it will expire before I complete it. I anticipate it will take me a while to complete at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Redo91 wrote: »
    Does the Hamsik SBC ever expire? I started it last night and had nearly 30k in the bank but I'm now broke after only completing Atalanta and Benevento. That's despite the fact that I packed inform Lovren in my rewards for Atalanta. I'm afraid after pumping a decent amount of coins into it it will expire before I complete it. I anticipate it will take me a while to complete at this rate.

it wont expire, check futbin to have a look at costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Redo91 wrote: »

'No Expiry' from what I can see

• Advertisement

I've not bought a fitness card in ages. I have 70 gold squad fitness cards to hand, all thanks to SBCs and other pack rewards...i can't use them quicker than I need them.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've not bought a fitness card in ages. I have 70 gold squad fitness cards to hand, all thanks to SBCs and other pack rewards...i can't use them quicker than I need them.

I was selling mine for around 700 coins a pop at the weekend. I’ve something like 1500 individual ones

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

After snapping up a ton of Mahrez due to his impending (hopefully) departure. Also started my very first SBC for Hamsik. Gonna take a while tho alot of teams to complete !

Followed ye're advice lads, the dream team:

14murphy wrote: »
    After snapping up a ton of Mahrez due to his impending (hopefully) departure. Also started my very first SBC for Hamsik. Gonna take a while tho alot of teams to complete !

Who's he linked with other than EPL teams like Liverpool and Chelsea? Dunno if his price will increase if he moves to another EPL club

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Who's he linked with other than EPL teams like Liverpool and Chelsea? Dunno if his price will increase if he moves to another EPL club

Bought all his cards for less than 2k most at 1700. I've 30 off him. Surely there'll be some spike in his price. Im not the best trader so I'm trying to pre-empt stuff.

14murphy wrote: »
    Bought all his cards for less than 2k most at 1700. I've 30 off him. Surely there'll be some spike in his price. Im not the best trader so I'm trying to pre-empt stuff.

Don't think they will be but even if they are it be only a 100 or so and again you take 100 out for tax it prob won't be worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Although having 30 of them you might be able to dictate the price a bit and run a small profit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why is it things go stale after a while with a particular formation that for ages you thought was brilliant,I've just gone back to 451 and am kicking ass again and qualified for wkend LGE first time,having previously been 433,no doubt this will go stale in time too and I'll have to change again

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why is it things go stale after a while with a particular formation that for ages you thought was brilliant,I've just gone back to 451 and am kicking ass again and qualified for wkend LGE first time,having previously been 433,no doubt this will go stale in time too and I'll have to change again

Hell I’ve gone from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) to 4-3-2-1 to my current one 4-1-2-1-2(1).
    I went from Div 3 to Div 7 losing about 20-25 matches before reversing the trend. Now back up to Div 4 and just narrowly missing out on promotion to div 3.
    Used to be worse before in older games Your striker would go on a 10-20 scoring streak and then fall to pieces.
    It was like having your very own Fernando Torres. You start off with the Liverpool version then one night you go to play and he’s turned into the Chelsea version where he couldn’t buy a goal.

Advertisement