Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

3 wins from 10 in wl,my formation is driving me mental,it works great one minute and totally against me the next,it's 451(1),I'm fed up of changing formation,someone please tell me what formation to use,one thing I can say is I don't cross the ball much,I do like to counter attack but like to pass it around too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »
    3 wins from 10 in wl,my formation is driving me mental,it works great one minute and totally against me the next,it's 451(1),I'm fed up of changing formation,someone please tell me what formation to use,one thing I can say is I don't cross the ball much,I do like to counter attack but like to pass it around too

if you look back it seems EA like doing dancing chairs equivalent of formations.
    One week one formation works for you and then it goes to pot.
    Hell I've gone through so many different formations at this stage I've just given up and going to stick with 4-1-2-1-2 for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

6-1, just got my first loss typically to a lad who had his CB sent off 20 minutes in and never actually put anyone back there. Huge gap in his defence but any time I tried to play a ball into it his players flew in for the interception.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Can’t play Fifa today....no matter what squad I come up against I can’t defend for **** and can’t attack. 4-7 for tonight...

the week just gone was a disaster for me.
    Fifa just decided that no way was I getting promoted and did everything in its power to stop me from winning games.
    One match alone the ref sent off 3 of my players for innocuous tackles and gave 2 penalties.
    Another game I hit the crossbar constantly from 5 yards out and my strikers fall over each other while his strikers were perfectly located to tap in balls etc.
    Of course it swings back our way then but its a **** system that EA have in order to entice people to play fifa and buy packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Going by your squad you're one of those people. I've not spent a penny on packs this year. But when you do WL I'm always playing better teams. It's get boring after 6-7 games of gullit in midfield.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Going by your squad you're one of those people. I've not spent a penny on packs this year. But when you do WL I'm always playing better teams. It's get boring after 6-7 games of gullit in midfield.

one of what people?
    ah buy packs? yeah I do some of that and also some trading.
    Some people on here do a huge amount of trading and have much better squads than I do without ever buying a pack.

I’ve lost so many games today in the 90th minute... quite a lot of them I’m in the lead too. Just had one where I was 2-0 up until the 85th min he scores 2 and then a winner in the 120th...my players just couldn’t score.

Bright side, I’m 13-12 right now... think I’m going to go for Gold 3 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ffs I thought I was the biggest cryer about the game and it's nuisances. The past lock of posts proved me wrong. Seriously, you know the game is rigged/flecked, always has been, quit the moaning would yous. It's fifa, it's ultimate team, it's to be expected, dry the **** up would yous ffs.

All chuffed here, haven't played UT for about a month now. Don't ask me why, you obviously know already lol. It's a mugs game. You're all mugs :P

Complaining makes people happy :D
    Its human nature. IF it wasn't Fifa it would be the weather or something else :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Liamalone wrote: »
    All chuffed here, haven't played UT for about a month now. Don't ask me why, you obviously know already lol. It's a mugs game. You're all mugs :P

I haven't bought the game at all this year, it was hard as iv'e probably had have every fifa since 96, (i loved 96, Bjornebye for Liverpool busting down the wing, crossing to Collymore to head it in at the back post, yeah some things dont change with the game) but my health is all the better for it :)

I haven't bought the game at all this year, it was hard as iv'e probably had have every fifa since 96, (i loved 96, Bjornebye for Liverpool busting down the wing, crossing to Collymore to head it in at the back post, yeah some things dont change with the game) but my health is all the better for it :)

That's what I miss about the creation center and EA dropping it.
    Before you could download players like Collymore, Fowler, Ginola, Asprilla etc but obviously EA stopped it to push more people into buying packs for legends/Icons.
    I really wish they did a release of players of the last 30 years or so.
    No ****in icon bull****, make them available as per normal gold packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I haven't bought the game at all this year, it was hard as iv'e probably had have every fifa since 96, (i loved 96, Bjornebye for Liverpool busting down the wing, crossing to Collymore to head it in at the back post, yeah some things dont change with the game) but my health is all the better for it

I'm giving '19 a miss for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

For all it’s faults I love this game sometimes.. 4-3 down in the 90th min. Headed equaliser by none other than Petr Cech :pac: the abuse I got :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Complaining makes people happy :D
    Its human nature. IF it wasn't Fifa it would be the weather or something else :D

You must be the happiest person in the world so haha :)

If ye can't complain on boards where can ye complain don't mind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Just dipped my toes back into Ultimate Team for the first time in a few years last week. Its certainly a lot easier to make coins on the market these days. Anyway the SBC stuff is all new to me. I assume when TOTY comes out there will be the usual market crash and the gold Calcio players will plummet? Still not sure if its worth it to do the Hamsik SBC or not...

Everyone and their mother seems to have Rui Costa in there team, is he just the most affordable top level player? My man love for Hagi is almost certainly going to win out tho and i'll grab him.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Hi lads, quick question for playing Ultimate Team with a mate.

When he presses triangle to log in it says he needs Playstation Plus to use this feature.

We used to be able to play no problem with his profile up until a few days ago, and he's never had the Plus subscription.

Anyone else ever see this problem before?

jayo26 wrote: »
    You must be the happiest person in the world so haha :)

If ye can't complain on boards where can ye complain don't mind him.

as everyone who knows me at work I'm the easiest going person to get on with in the world :D
    A complaint a day keeps the grumpiness away :D
    This came up the other day on Big Bang theory and had to laugh

There is an almost perpetual gap between my expectations as to how things should be and the way things actually are. This space, or divide, causes me a considerable amount of discomfort, which I try to alleviate through the use of repetitive thoughts, as well as spoken and written words. This activity is called "complaining." The fact that it rarely accomplishes anything, other than exacerbate my irritation, does not keep me from engaging in it. Furthermore, it appears that buried deep within my psyche is the firmly held conviction that complaining is therapeutic - even though experience shows again and again that it's not. In other words, I have a false belief that appears to be immutable, which drives me to take an action that only makes matters worse... and I like it. My only consolation is the knowledge that I come from a long line of complainers. One of my fondest childhood memories is looking up at the adult relatives gathered around the kitchen table, the men smoking Pall Malls, the women smoking Newports, everyone eating smoked fish, and all of them talking over each other, loudly bitching and moaning about pretty much everything. I remember that a rant would often end with the resigned, self-deprecating, seemingly rhetorical question, "Oh, well, who am I to complain?" Well, these many years later, it turns out it's not rhetorical. And I now know the answer. This is my birthright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone use IF Pogba?

I've got 700k and really only see central midfield as the area I'll get a significant upgrade, so tempted to try him out. I'm looking at running...
    POTM Salah - Overmars
    Martial - IF Pogba - Costa - SIF mahrez
    SIF Young - Bailly - Rojo - Walker
    Schmicheal

Bench of SBC Cavaini, SIF Lozano, 91 Prilo and Xmas Fabinho (who covers pretty much all the midfield and defensive positions if needed)

I could get Pogba and still have 140k left to replace Rojo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not gonna bother with WL, have 25 games left and I'm not gonna put myself through that effort today. Frustrating as I was hoping for a good monthly finish but after playing all games 2 weekends in a row it's just too taxing. No idea why they can't just let you play the games all throughout the week.

Also I wouldn't bother with IF Pogba, looks like such a small upgrade on his normal card.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    POTM Salah - Overmars Martial - IF Pogba - Costa - SIF mahrez SIF Young - Bailly - Rojo - Walker Schmicheal

Get a decent CB first. You could do with a better LM too, martial is only good when used as an ST in my opinion. Maybe put overmars at LM and a new striker?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Get a decent CB first. You could do with a better LM too, martial is only good when used as an ST in my opinion. Maybe put overmars at LM and a new striker?

Grabbed Ake to try at CB. His pace looks fun.

Will try that actually with the striker. Anyone got recommendations?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Grabbed Ake to try at CB. His pace looks fun.

Will try that actually with the striker. Anyone got recommendations?

Inform Jesus :)

Actually if ya can afford him give 91 hazard a go he is brilliant for me love him even more so then Jesus.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Actually if ya can afford him give 91 hazard a go he is brilliant for me love him even more so then Jesus.

Actually, I was literally just after clicking on him and was coming to ask. Looks like he could be a brilliant CF. Might switch to a 4-4-1-1, and put him in behind Salah.

In form Jesus isnt great to me. Not much better than his regular. I'd like a Crespo type of player.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Actually, I was literally just after clicking on him and was coming to ask. Looks like he could be a brilliant CF. Might switch to a 4-4-1-1, and put him in behind Salah.

I have hazard and Jesus up front and hazard is scoring more then a goal a game after 200 appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Was about todo the Kane POTM SBC but was thinking about TOTY, Would he be a Longshot to get a TOTY ?

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Was about todo the Kane POTM SBC but was thinking about TOTY, Would he be a Longshot to get a TOTY ?

He’s the most voted striker from the community part, behind Messi and Ronaldo. It’s just down to EA on whether or not they’re going to include him. Would love to see him get one though, definitely will be top of my buy list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

He’s the most voted striker from the community part, behind Messi and Ronaldo. It’s just down to EA on whether or not they’re going to include him. Would love to see him get one though, definitely will be top of my buy list.

Same here gets a lot of grief for his lack of pace but a TOTY year card would prob put it in the mid 80's which is more than useable

Let’s just hope he’s not over a million

Advertisement