Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This weeks Weekly challenges are so easy. The ones to buy X players for more than 8k. Just buy the players and sell them straight back on the market. Hell, buy them for min, lower the price by 100 coins and you're getting some pretty good packs for 150 coins or so. Bought 5 Martial's for 7900 coins, sold them next cycle for 8000 coins, and picked up a free pack.

Mind, I've got nothing from them, but they're practically free packs that way.

Yep did them all too ame way really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

seamie78 wrote: »
    finished the overmars sbc last night, only played one game with him so far at lm very impressed

I've Overmars a few weeks,in 49 games he has over a goal a game and and around 19 assists,he is unreal for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

OOOOH! Futbin have also added a "Price left to complete" feature to their SBC page. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've been massively tempted by Quaresma as well actually, so interested to see how you get on. I've 11 of the teams already done, so wouldn't be looking at him being too expensive.

I’m using his basic card and it’s brilliant. Can’t wait to get his sbc card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This weeks Weekly challenges are so easy. The ones to buy X players for more than 8k. Just buy the players and sell them straight back on the market. Hell, buy them for min, lower the price by 100 coins and you're getting some pretty good packs for 150 coins or so. Bought 5 Martial's for 7900 coins, sold them next cycle for 8000 coins, and picked up a free pack.

Mind, I've got nothing from them, but they're practically free packs that way.

3 Martials for 7900 for the 8k challenge.... What sort of Voodoo is going on here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I found Quaresma useless! Used him in my Costa SBC in the end, Promes is my main man from the league SBCs, and actually Gignac has been great, played him up top with IF Dembele (Celtic, absolute freak card imo) and Mbappe (untradeable) in behind. Also have had Casillas and he was very average (traded in) and I think Moore is the English one (unused)?

That savic card will be going straight into my team.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    3 Martials for 7900 for the 8k challenge.... What sort of Voodoo is going on here :P

Me no math good :P

Ugh, I'm guessing that new Hazard card is going to murder the coins I spent on the lesser one I have....

Not I'm selling him soon, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Serious TOTW, that Ginter looks great too.

• Advertisement

Ugh, I'm guessing that new Hazard card is going to murder the coins I spent on the lesser one I have....

Not I'm selling him soon, mind.

No think it be ok pal he is a Ieft wing.

Man it’s such a pain in the hole doing clubs. On the plus side i’ve done 8 out of 18 clubs for quaresma and it’s only cost me about 20k with the pack rewards so far. Even got an inform

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I got Perin myself last week, haven't used him yet tho.

I think he's brilliant. I really prefer him over Handanovic I find he's brilliant in 1v1 situations.

Question ?
    With the winter updates coming in do they affect normal cards in your possession or will you have to pack the upgraded cards. I know that the IF versions will get a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Blazer wrote: »
    Man it’s such a pain in the hole doing clubs. On the plus side i’ve done 8 out of 18 clubs for quaresma and it’s only cost me about 20k with the pack rewards so far. Even got an inform

I'm 12/20 clubs through trying to get Hamsik. I've spent 196k so far with121k to go. The road is still so long :D

Edit:
    Never mind its 13/20. Got a prime players pack and I packed Vidal. I love Fifa again !
    JatI7Hx.png?2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just got Kompany from the two player pack weekly :D just 8 games left to play for the final objective

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Just played a team made up of 8 icons and 3 TOTW players in the second round of the daily tournament with my ordinary gold team. Well beaten 2-0 but I think it shows that for casual players and those that don't trade too much FUT games can be a real slog. I wish they could restrict the number of icons that can be in the match day squad because they are way too overpowered.

Just played a team made up of 8 icons and 3 TOTW players in the second round of the daily tournament with my ordinary gold team. Well beaten 2-0 but I think it shows that for casual players and those that don't trade too much FUT games can be a real slog. I wish they could restrict the number of icons that can be in the match day squad because they are way too overpowered.

So restrict the reason for playing the game??

This has come up so many times here same with level matching teams why take away the exact point of trading. I get some people don't like trading and don't have time or whatever that's fine but the idea of ultimate team is to trade to the best squad you can if you want balance teams you play regular seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The biggest problem with the Icons is that even the bad ones are 450k+ because of the need for them in SBCs. Players like the lowest rated versions of Pires, Deco, Puyol, Petit, etc should really be 100-200k by now. Only real solution I can think of would be to massively increase their drop rate in packs, and then if EA wanted to keep the Prime SBCs expensive just make it so that you need 2 Icons instead of 1, that was the Icon SBC costs the same but the low rated Icons themselves cost less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

jayo26 wrote: »
    So restrict the reason for playing the game??

This has come up so many times here same with level matching teams why take away the exact point of trading. I get some people don't like trading and don't have time or whatever that's fine but the idea of ultimate team is to trade to the best squad you can if you want balance teams you play regular seasons.

I get the chance of buying icons promotes people spending their time trading I just that in past versions of FIFA without any Icons there were less overpowered players. There were no TOTY central midfielders in past versions that were as overpowered as Petit and Vieira in the current game. i have beaten teams with icons but I think they are too much of an advantage, the game loses any sense of competitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I played a guy earlier who had ronaldinho and he seemed superb,deffo the best player I've faced,shame I'll never be able to get him though

• Advertisement

I get the chance of buying icons promotes people spending their time trading I just that in past versions of FIFA without any Icons there were less overpowered players. There were no TOTY central midfielders in past versions that were as overpowered as Petit and Vieira in the current game. i have beaten teams with icons but I think they are too much of an advantage, the game loses any sense of competitiveness.

To be honest you can get the same effect from bakayoko or inform savic the reason they feel so over powered is because of the hight and strength. I use petit and yes he is a bull but so are any strong midfielders.

The forwards are very strong too but so is players like Jesus and hazard and depay and mbappe it's not as simple as buying icons and dominating of you build a cheap team right you can have the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

It's a real pity they don't have average match ratings for players in your club

Yeah one thing Id like is more indebt statistics tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Always sell in the hype man, his price will fall straight after totw is announced even if he's included

Agree. IF Allan is only 30k at best and its an unreal card I can't see the kessie card being better

they used to.
    Can't remember when they got rid of it but I don't think it carried over to xbox one versions.

Blazer wrote: »
    they used to.
    Can't remember when they got rid of it but I don't think it carried over to xbox one versions.

I don't ever remember that I'm playing since 12 so must of been early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Weekend league auto qualification will be changed to silver 2 - 11 wins, starting February!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Took an hour and a half but I managed to win the draft, can't say I'm too happy with the reward. Think I've managed to lose coins on it.

https://streamable.com/4ew3l

Weekend league auto qualification will be changed to silver 2 - 11 wins, starting February!

That's a very good move infairness.

• Advertisement

Took an hour and a half but I managed to win the draft, can't say I'm too happy with the reward. Think I've managed to lose coins on it.

https://streamable.com/4ew3l

You of all people have no right to complain about packs hahaha

Advertisement