Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sorry,I wasn't even signed in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Blazer wrote: »
    they drop bigtime.
    Hazard,Kane,Salah, Edison and De Bruyne are all guaranteed updates.
    Kimmich as well who should have been in TOTY.

Yep you're right, turns out Futbin still has the prices for players from FUT17 and pretty much every big card that got one even if the upgrade was very minimal seen a price drop

Now to try and build a team of players that are good in game and doing crap irl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

jayo26 wrote: »
    Usually in mid February and it will only chabge informs if the upgrade card matches the lowest inform the player has.

So for Icardi who has an 86 and 87 IF if his upgraded card is an 86 does that mean the 86IF becomes an 87? Surely then the 87 IF will have to go up as other wise people with the 86IF will end up with the same inform as those who paid extra for his SIF? Probably irrelevant as his upgrade will more than likely end up an 85.

On another note after losing a game of SB where I conceded in the last 10 mins after the striker got the ball about 8 yards from goal and it wouldn't let me control my defender who was no more than 2 yards away and just stood there. Should still have enough to get Gold 1 but frustrating all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Redo91 wrote: »
    So for Icardi who has an 86 and 87 IF if his upgraded card is an 86 does that mean the 86IF becomes an 87? Surely then the 87 IF will have to go up as other wise people with the 86IF will end up with the same inform as those who paid extra for his SIF? Probably irrelevant as his upgrade will more than likely end up an 85.

Yeah if he got an 86 update all his cards will upgrade by 1 unless say for Ashley young who has an 81 inform and an 84 the only way his 84 would get an upgrade is if he got an upgrade to 83.

Also I'm nearly sure sbc cards don't get upgrade the likes of kanes or salahs potm does not increase with inform cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

most of us about a billion to one.
    Osmosis on the other hand is about 5-1 on. And he probably didn't even watch it :D

Got the tab open now, today's rewards are Henry and Matthaus, they're giving out packs at random too once you've got the stream up though. If I actually did get Henry I'd have to discard him cos I've already got him untradeable.

• Advertisement

Also I'm nearly sure sbc cards don't get upgrade the likes of kanes or salahs potm does not increase with inform cards.

Son's 83 POTM got upgraded to an 84 last year so they can be upgraded too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Yeah if he got an 86 update all his cards will upgrade by 1 unless say for Ashley young who has an 81 inform and an 84 the only way his 84 would get an upgrade is if he got an upgrade to 83.

Cheers. So will his IF upgrade even if you already have it?

Son's 83 POTM got upgraded to an 84 last year so they can be upgraded too.

Ah ok I didn't think they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Think the POTM cards do increase. Nearly sure my Dele Alli I card went up last year when he got an increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It all depends on whether the upgrade they get is higher than the first IF card.
    For instance Salah is 83. He should go to 85 which matches his hero card.
    As a result all his IF cards including hero, POTM will all jump 2.
    Kane will be the most interesting. He has to get an upgrade as he has 6 special cards out already and his first IF is 87 over his base 86 card.
    If he gets a +3 upgrade as is rumoured all his IF cards will jump +3.
    His potm card will go to 94 and his toty card will hit 99.
    Will be awesome :D

• Advertisement

It all depends on whether the upgrade they get is higher than the first IF card.
    For instance Salah is 83. He should go to 85 which matches his hero card.
    As a result all his IF cards including hero, POTM will all jump 2.
    Kane will be the most interesting. He has to get an upgrade as he has 6 special cards out already and his first IF is 87 over his base 86 card.
    If he gets a +3 upgrade as is rumoured all his IF cards will jump +3.
    His potm card will go to 94 and his toty card will hit 99.
    Will be awesome :D

I know im usually wrong but I don't think this is right about his toty card. It won't move as his 91 card won't be after reaching the 96 so he would end up with 94 potm and a 96 toty card.

I know im usually wrong but I don't think this is right about his toty card. It won't move as his 91 card won't be after reaching the 96 so he would end up with 94 potm and a 96 toty card.

you know that just made me even happier :D suck on that Osmosis..
    But it will have to increase otherwise his toty will take a massive hit

you know that just made me even happier :D suck on that Osmosis..
    But it will have to increase otherwise his toty will take a massive hit

I really don't think it will there is no precedent for it but I think salah last year had a gap in his African card and an inform and they both didn't increase.

I really don't think it will there is no precedent for it but I think salah last year had a gap in his African card and an inform and they both didn't increase.

ouch.
    Ah well I'm not too pushed about Salah..Kane's the one I'm more concerned about...a bit more pace can't hurt and his potm card will definitely go up.

On the twitch side anyone get any rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

No. They do say some rewards will be added as late as on 7/02, fingers crossed :)

wonski wrote: »
    No. They do say some rewards will be added as late as on 7/02, fingers crossed :)

I think that was just for the kits though.
    Icons etc would be awarded within 24 hours.
    Knowing EA they probably only gave away 1 icon per session.
    There was an issue years ago with Pele's legend card in that he didn't exist in the game. After numerous complaints 3 of his card all from one club were put up for sale with EA stating not everyone would be on social media to post their pele cards and so forth..load of bull..

I think that was just for the kits though.
    Icons etc would be awarded within 24 hours.
    Knowing EA they probably only gave away 1 icon per session.
    There was an issue years ago with Pele's legend card in that he didn't exist in the game. After numerous complaints 3 of his card all from one club were put up for sale with EA stating not everyone would be on social media to post their pele cards and so forth..load of bull..

3 cards were given away while I was "watching" it.

I was hoping for packs rather than just kits tbh. Will delete my twitch account as soon as this is over anyway :)

3 cards were given away while I was "watching" it.

I was hoping for packs rather than just kits tbh. Will delete my twitch account as soon as this is over anyway :)

those was just people trolling by just typing after their name :)
    The giveaway only happens afterwards.

New FGS SBC out..got Mbappe.
    Also bought every Marchetti I could get for 1200 and sellign for 5kmin as the first sbc completed has a lazio defender and him in it.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/100126405/sbc

those was just people trolling by just typing after their name :)
    The giveaway only happens afterwards.

New FGS SBC out..got Mbappe.
    Also bought every Marchetti I could get for 1200 and sellign for 5kmin as the first sbc completed has a lazio defender and him in it.

The presenter got three names down during the show. I don't count the people on the chat. Not stupid :)

The presenter got three names down during the show. I don't count the people on the chat. Not stupid :)

3 names only? what a crock of ****e...EA should be giving away a minimum of 1000 icons during this rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

No they keep those stats forever
    Team of the week are inform players so when they are in packs you pack the inform version of that player the inform card is only in packs for a week while that totw is live if you pack one the card will always hold it's value.

I bought 2 cards will they keep their stats/value?
    Redo91 wrote: »
    Regarding upgrades does it effect informs at all? I'm certain Icardi is due an upgrade and I have his SIF. Also when will upgrades be confirmed?
    Usually in mid February and it will only chabge informs if the upgrade card matches the lowest inform the player has.

Thanks all. Im a bit confused by the last few posts (that I didnt quote), so just want to make sure the players i bought Vrsaljko and Monreal will keep those stats forever? Someone mentioned cards being downgraded, could my Vrsaljko card be downgraded (theres 2 different version Ive the one where his acceleration and sprint speed are 84 and 86) and the other one isnt as good?

No IF cards will not be downgraded.They can only be upgraded.
    Some players are downgraded in February but all this means is that any new cards picked are the downgraded versions. The older cards are untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gold 3 monthly achieved! Used my cheap BPL team with Jesus, Martial, Son etc instead of my icon team. Tore people apart...I now have Martial, Son and IF Alessandrini on 100+ goals each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

How cheap is cheap Calvin, give us a look at this team!

Arciphel wrote: »
    How cheap is cheap Calvin, give us a look at this team!

Cheap enough! Mooy, VVD, Mustafi, Walker, Son, Cech, Vardy are pack pulled. Jesus on the bench with an injury.

183_AA528_358_C_474_A_B431_DE4_B54_D87_A0_F.png

Gold 3 Monthly atm too, they've extended the WL for this weekend for another 24 hours so I might go for the Gold 2

The one week I’m not at home, it gets extended!! Could’ve done with an extension last week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Packed an IF Kessie over the weekend :D Also got to Gold 1 in squad battles and in my 3 packs got nothing but garbage haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That team is still about 160k because of Mooy. 50k would be a cheap team. ;)

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    That team is still about 160k because of Mooy. 50k would be a cheap team. ;)

True. If I didn’t pack the expensive players, I’d still have Begovic, Aurier, D. Sanchez, Renato Sanches etc in the squad. Also didn’t realise Mooy had gone up to 90k...when I packed him, was only 40ish.

Advertisement