Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Di Maria in TOTW!! I just packed him last night from the marquee matchups :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Lads it’s been fun, gonna sell up the whole squad and move on, not getting any enjoyment out of it anymore.

Ah don't go your right crack :)

What ya moving onto?

That mertens card tho I have to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ah don't go your right crack :)

What ya moving onto?

Using my hour a day, 3/4 on weekends to focus on PlayerUnknowns battlegrounds.. with it improving every week, I’m off in search of some chicken dinners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

That in form Kostic looks like it could be the new lozano/wilson :o

I'll probably come back to weekend league after two weeks off to see if the new patch makes it any more enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is everyone's servers down or what's happening? I can't get on all day.

Just tried there, had to update, but was able to get a match no bother.

astradave wrote: »
    Using my hour a day, 3/4 on weekends to focus on PlayerUnknowns battlegrounds.. with it improving every week, I’m off in search of some chicken dinners :D

I still haven't purchased it Grrhhh.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Just tried there, had to update, but was able to get a match no bother.

I have up an hour ago wouldn't even go online for me.

I have up an hour ago wouldn't even go online for me.

I didn't actually play a match right enough, just went as far as kit selection

I didn't actually play a match right enough, just went as far as kit selection

I wasn't even able to go on the servers to the ultimate team part.

• Advertisement

Qualified for weekend league through the dkt and played a few division matches and can definitely see the difference with the new patch.

I didn't score or concede one kick off goal in all the matches.

I can't tell if it was just the people I was playing but park the bus seems really effective now because people just seem happy to put 8 players behind the ball and then just low driven pass it up to the front three.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Qualified for weekend league through the dkt and played a few division matches and can definitely see the difference with the new patch.

I didn't score or concede one kick off goal in all the matches.

I can't tell if it was just the people I was playing but park the bus seems really effective now because people just seem happy to put 8 players behind the ball and then just low driven pass it up to the front three.

I scored one in my first game.... the defenders seem to be more compact and the AI goes lunging in so peno in the first minute of the game to score :P

In squad battles last night and there was a 72 rated team with 17 chem, When I looked at the team they had their GK playing up front in a 4-4-2 with Strootman in goal, toprak on the LM slot etc. So basically they team were all over the shop so I played on Professional and I so nearly lost the game :O I scraped a 2-0 win with the goals coming in injury time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I scored one in my first game.... the defenders seem to be more compact and the AI goes lunging in so peno in the first minute of the game to score :P

In squad battles last night and there was a 72 rated team with 17 chem, When I looked at the team they had their GK playing up front in a 4-4-2 with Strootman in goal, toprak on the LM slot etc. So basically they team were all over the shop so I played on Professional and I so nearly lost the game :O I scraped a 2-0 win with the goals coming in injury time.

What lvl would you normally play at,say if you met an 84 or higher team with 100 chem

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What lvl would you normally play at,say if you met an 84 or higher team with 100 chem

Mostly has been at semi-pro the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally completed the Overmars sbc and he’s pretty sweet. Pity he’s not 4* skills but his pace is unreal. Playing him LM in a 4-5-1 and he’s a goal at least a game plus assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Semi pro is never going to help you learn how to play. You need to be pushing professional at the very least. Squad battles isn't the place to learn though I suppose, it's a pure muck game mode with such ****ty rewards.

David meyler was the featured team a few weeks ago.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Semi pro is never going to help you learn how to play. You need to be pushing professional at the very least. Squad battles isn't the place to learn though I suppose, it's a pure muck game mode with such ****ty rewards.

David meyler was the featured team a few weeks ago.

Ah yeah I know I am playing at various levels depending on the seasons levels etc :) Yesterday I was running my italian team which is only 77 rated ATM.

I play teams below 80 at legendary and pro between 81-84, anything else semi pro.
    I find playing against the ai incredibly boring and finding myself falling asleep halfway through a game. The most I can manage is 2 games against the ai.
    The rewards are cack.
    Guaranteed fut19 will bring midweek leagues to combat streamers getting sick of the grinding at weekends.
    There’s been a huge drop off on streamers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Regarding squad battles this is what I do :)

Check daily tasks, switch on lowest level, score 3-4 goals in seconds while completing the daily challenge.

Leave the game on when I am in possession and do something else. Come back at half time and just pass the ball to my player and wait for the game to finish. Then repeat while cooking or reading, browsing Internet etc.

Always got some rewards without wasting my time playing this muck :)

All I do is about 3 maybe 4 games on legendary for the Silver 1 rank and leave it. 10k is grand enough for me for little to no effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd play anything below 80 rated on legendary,anything above on world class,I'm happy enough with elite 2 or 3, I've yet to get elite 1 though

wonski wrote: »
    Regarding squad battles this is what I do :)

Check daily tasks, switch on lowest level, score 3-4 goals in seconds while completing the daily challenge.

Leave the game on when I am in possession and do something else. Come back at half time and just pass the ball to my player and wait for the game to finish. Then repeat while cooking or reading, browsing Internet etc.

Always got some rewards without wasting my time playing this muck :)

You don’t even need to finish the game once you’re sure you’ve completed the challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    You don’t even need to finish the game once you’re sure you’ve completed the challenge

Yeah, I know, but this way I got gold 3 every week without playing it. I just let it run in background :)

Okocha and Inzhagi are the new prime icons.
    Okocha looks affordable and fun.

Inzhagi looks like complete sbc fodder though. 3 star 3 star on a prime icon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

maybe next month

QDj4WRA.jpg

maybe next month

QDj4WRA.jpg

He was my best player too haha

Schmeichel, Monreal and an Italian RB in my Gold 3 rewards - can’t complain! Two prem players into my squad, will give them a try.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Barely have had a chance to play and only got to sit down tonight to take a whack at qualification. Didn't work out.

Selling everything up and going to try to build a better overall team, rather than focusing on a single star player. Italian league done proper :P

Anyone tried SIF Mustafi? Need to upgrade from Dawson Sanchez. Currently have rotating partnerships of Koscielny/Bailly and Vertonghen/Sanchez.

Tried Kompany but didn't like him, any others I should look at?

Need a RB too probably

• Advertisement

Anyone tried SIF Mustafi? Need to upgrade from Dawson Sanchez. Currently have rotating partnerships of Koscielny/Bailly and Vertonghen/Sanchez.

Tried Kompany but didn't like him, any others I should look at?

Need a RB too probably

Maybe wait a week and see what price laporte be like? I used mustafi first inform at start of game he was quiet good.

Advertisement