Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Liamalone wrote: »
    Anyone tried SIF Mustafi? Need to upgrade from Dawson Sanchez. Currently have rotating partnerships of Koscielny/Bailly and Vertonghen/Sanchez.

Tried Kompany but didn't like him, any others I should look at?

Need a RB too probably

Had his first IF, packed his SIF. Both have been in every prem squad I have...really solid defender no matter who I put beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Aaargh caught out by a Lord TSC trick, bought Mustafi's first inform by mistake in haste lol, luckily it was only about 10k it'll cost me.

What's the story with Alex Hunter in folk's Ultimate Teams? Just played a guy and he ran me ragged with him, until I halfed him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Personally I think IF Ake from Bournmouth is unbelievable!

Have the Sentinel Card on him, can't recommend him enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone tried SIF Mustafi? Need to upgrade from Dawson Sanchez. Currently have rotating partnerships of Koscielny/Bailly and Vertonghen/Sanchez.

Tried Kompany but didn't like him, any others I should look at?

Need a RB too probably
    I have David luiz and vvd at CB and think they are both excellent luiz in particular,walker at RB is as good as you'll get chips in with goals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

87 Mustafi is brilliant , now and again you might get caught out with his pace but he’s brilliant defending in close. Gets a few goals as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

got the weekend off too late to try qualify for WL has anyone got the link for access to the WL

Blazer wrote: »
    87 Mustafi is brilliant , now and again you might get caught out with his pace but he’s brilliant defending in close. Gets a few goals as well.

Swapped the 87 for the 86 and losing, seems nothing special whereas the 86 was good, swapped back lol

Winter otw cards are out today at 6pm.

Winter otw cards are out today at 6pm.

Any info on who they are apart from the three already announced

Any info on who they are apart from the three already announced

Not sure who were announced but its going to be these anyway.
    A few smaller ones but these would be the major cards.
    Obviously Aubameyang is the most desirable one since he's changing to the Premiership...
    Reckon his otw cards will be going for a minimum of 600-700k.
    Sanchez and Mkhitaryan will also get otw cards but again we only care about Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Played 5 wl matches and I'm 3-2. Lost to one guy who shushed and dabbed for every goal after my players decided to die after going 2-0 up.

The other guy was much better than me. He was playing 4-2-3-1 with prime petit and if fernandinho as his cdms and they were impossible to get past.

One odd thing I've noticed is that the game seems to give the winner goals towards the end for some reason. I beat one guy 6-0 even though it was 1-0 in the 80th minute and I lost in a similar way to the guy with petit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Is it from this weekend onwards that 11 wins gets you qualification to next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

markc91 wrote: »
    Is it from this weekend onwards that 11 wins gets you qualification to next week?

Yeah.

It appears I was optimistic about Aub's otw card.
    It's 1 million for it.
    Some poor sap has bid 1.7k million on an otw card so whether a coin sale but doubt it.
    Sanchez is the same price approx but they have him as LM..should have put him as ST really.

Also Summer and Winter otw SBCs are out :)
    Anyone with a few Kessie is gonna clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

4 sbcs done and the best I've got so far is 82 rated Inigo Martinez, bleh! One way of cycling through players :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Did both the sanchez sbcs and the best I got was john stones.

Opened my silver 1 monthly rewards aswell and I was delighted when I saw spanish>cb thinking I was getting nacho fernandez but it turned out to be some 82 rated randomer :(:o

And to top it off I bought lozano for 58k yesterday to try him and I don't really like him so I decide to sell him only to see he's dropped over 10k :o

I've ran a BPL team with the OTW Spurs players Sanchez and Aurier from the start nearly - no sign of either getting an IF :(, dropped the two of them last night for Mustafi and Valencia, also have a Bertrand Traore OTW lying dormant - I think i'll use the three of them in the tradeable Winter SBC in the hope of getting one of the big PL three.

Also have OTW Morata but after not being impressed initially and his price dropping 100k by the time I realised this I've reinstated him and getting used to him, will probably keep him.

Edit: I see that OTW 82 rated Traore still has a price limit of 50k, yet OTW 81 rated Kessie's must have been raised as a few are BIN 52k, what's up with that? Demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Got untradeable Batshyaui and Musa, Bats might an inform this week so will hold on to him. Still 11 sbcs and the highest pull is an 82 cb of which there is only 4. Weightings are poxy

Did a few of the 82+ and got Veratti,Robert, Sandro and a few 84’s.
    Will do well for Okocha sbc.

FFS got tradeable otw tusun who's prob the cheapest bloody card to get

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    FFS got tradeable otw tusun who's prob the cheapest bloody card to get

I did it 3 times and got Lucas in the end.
    Think I'll settle for that as I want to keep players for the Okocha sbc.

I did it 3 times and got Lucas in the end.
    Think I'll settle for that as I want to keep players for the Okocha sbc.

Yea,I think I'll do it once more myself,okocha looks tempting alright,I loved him as a player at bolton

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realised I'm about 250k off either Shearer or Luis Hernandez. Anyone use either? Kind of want an Icon striker....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Realised I'm about 250k off either Shearer or Luis Hernandez. Anyone use either? Kind of want an Icon striker....

Hernandez middle card is very good pal. Sharers pace kills him by looks of it I'd go for Hernandez

his prime card is like Merten's on steroids. I dread coming up against him.

his prime card is like Merten's on steroids. I dread coming up against him.

Mertens third in form is dropping nicely tho :):)

Ah bugger, the thing I was using didn't include the fact Hernandez needs another icon to do, so he's way closer to 600k.

On the other hand, just noticed that the Dutch league has had a few more IFs since I last ran Lozano and Lochida up front....

(Send help, my team building ADHD is out of control....)

Oh wow, was there a big price crash for a reason? There's a few players I bought a few days back have dropped by 20% :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Oh wow, was there a big price crash for a reason? There's a few players I bought a few days back have dropped by 20% :(

Yep.

Was expecting all Mertens variants to drop. Got rid of 87 for 481, only noticed later he was going up and up.

Waited a day and decided to go for 88 version as it was still on the rise. Paid 585k and now he is 530k.

Disaster.

On the plus side most cards dropped, so I won't lose much of buying power, just the bank balance to take the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Shearer is absolutely useless. He can score if you get it to him, but he's so slow and his dribbling is balls. Traded him in for del piero. Was one of my favourites growing up, don't regret it for a second.

Advertisement