Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I also think shearer is useless even though I just lost to him in wl but that was because he got 3 free shots where the ball magically bounces off my defenders feet to him.

11-5 now which is alright but if the gameplay was any slower the players wouldn't move. It feels like players move faster than the ball and it doesn't even matter if you can get to the box because there'll always be 5 or 6 players to block the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea its the same as every single year. They always ruin it with a patch. I'm 6-1 in the weekend league but can't even be arsed to play anymore. I'll have another game later but if it's the same ****e I'll probably stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Shearer and Kane dramatically alter how you play. It’s a lot slower and more build up play. I find Kane excellent but if ai come up against pacey defenders I swap him out for futmass Musa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Has anyone used 84 mooy and gold nainggolan? I’m thinking of swapping nain and florenzi for mooy and Valencia.

Mooy will be my right cdm in a 4231 and pogba is my other cdm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I have the prime 91 Shearer

Love him, I don't like pacey strikers I used Aubameyang for a while and I always found that since he was starting off central he'd get crowded out when trying to run. I much prefer letting my SIF Lozano and SIF Bailey do all the running, Shearer will be in the right place to finish what they and the others create. He's absolutely clinical from anywhere within 25 yards, if I get him turned onto his right foot it's usually danger.

I can see why most don't like him since he doesn't fit in with the meta of Fifa, I use him up front and have Muller and James behind him too none of those guys would be used much across fifa really, although Lozano and Bailey are sweaty enough to make up for them :pac:

• Advertisement

I have the prime 91 Shearer

Love him, I don't like pacey strikers I used Aubameyang for a while and I always found that since he was starting off central he'd get crowded out when trying to run. I much prefer letting my SIF Lozano and SIF Bailey do all the running, Shearer will be in the right place to finish what they and the others create. He's absolutely clinical from anywhere within 25 yards, if I get him turned onto his right foot it's usually danger.

I can see why most don't like him since he doesn't fit in with the meta of Fifa, I use him up front and have Muller and James behind him too none of those guys would be used much across fifa really, although Lozano and Bailey are sweaty enough to make up for them :pac:

For me it's not that he doesn't suit the meta, it's that he's a 750k prime icon with 2 star skills and 3 star weak foot. I'd much rather a kluivert type player who has 4/4 and still has high shooting in addition to pace and strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gyan84 wrote: »
    For me it's not that he doesn't suit the meta, it's that he's a 750k prime icon with 2 star skills and 3 star weak foot. I'd much rather a kluivert type player who has 4/4 and still has high shooting in addition to pace and strength.

Don't use skills myself, and 3 star is enough that he's not a liability should I need his left

Got his SBC done for ~420k during TOTY, and when I'm sick of him in a couple months I'll trade him in for Bergkamp or Del Piero, maybe even Michael Owen depending on how his SBC looks when it comes

He does the job for me anyway I can see why he won't for a lot though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've done 3 untradeable summer OTW packs and got Walker, Douglas Costa, and Ederson. Traded Costa in for the Ederson one. Delighted with that as the two City lads will go into my team but nearly had a heart attack seeing those 2 Brazillian flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've done 3 untradeable summer OTW packs and got Walker, Douglas Costa, and Ederson. Traded Costa in for the Ederson one. Delighted with that as the two City lads will go into my team but nearly had a heart attack seeing those 2 Brazillian flags.

Yeah I got ederson last night and was jumping like a mad man when seen brazilian fans :( ill prob never use him but im sure ill be able use him for an sbc somewhere.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah I got ederson last night and was jumping like a mad man when seen brazilian fans :( ill prob never use him but im sure ill be able use him for an sbc somewhere.

Did one more and got Tolisso, another great one but really thought it was Mbappe.

• Advertisement

damn ye ^^ I'm trying to resist the urge to do more.

Blazer wrote: »
    damn ye ^^ I'm trying to resist the urge to do more.

You could get neymar imagine what that be like :):)

You could get neymar imagine what that be like :):)

Would be great but I already have Overmars and POTM Mane :)
    He'd only be a supersub really.

Aaaaaaaand I got Mbappe

Done 8 of them and gotten Mbappe, Tolisso, Yarmolenko, Ederson, and Walker :D

Aaaaaaaand I got Mbappe

Next you will do a pep on it and complain you can't play them all together.

Next you will do a pep on it and complain you can't play them all together.

Just need Laporte to have all the City ones sure :p

Aaaaaaaand I got Mbappe

of course you did :D
    No scummy low rated players for you. Only the best will do.

Blazer wrote: »
    of course you did :D
    No scummy low rated players for you. Only the best will do.

Also got Bruma, Bernadeschi, and Douglas Costa but just traded them back in (not complaining ofc :p), once you can afford the first pack they're pretty cheap to keep doing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Also got Bruma, Bernadeschi, and Douglas Costa but just traded them back in (not complaining ofc :p), once you can afford the first pack they're pretty cheap to keep doing

What packs are these?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What packs are these?

The OTW SBC packs, there's ones for the Summer OTW and ones for Winter, untradeable and tradeable with different requirements.

• Advertisement

The OTW SBC packs, there's ones for the Summer OTW and ones for Winter, untradeable and tradeable with different requirements.

Ah yea sound,I did a tradeable one of them last night,don't think I'll bother with anymore though

Who is generally the cheapest otw for the SBC winter otw pack,I don't have any otw players so I'd have to buy some

Think Locadia is the cheapest atm, but Kessie is only about 2k more expensive and 5 ratings higher so might be the best for it.

Traded Lucas and got Bonucci, debated keeping him and said screw it and got Rodriguez. Now him I can use as a fat super sub.

Just got back from a two week break from fifa and I've already removed the disc and sworn that I'm not playing again. :pac:

I did a low driven pass between my two centre backs and prime overmars had time to run twenty yards and intercept it. :mad::rolleyes:

I'm beyond done with the random nature of passes and first/heavy touches.

I'll probably come back to it in another two weeks/ half an hour because there's no good alternative to the collectible card soccer game which is why EA can just sit on ultimate team and not really address the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bought OTW D. Sanchez for the SBCs...did a tradeable and untradeable summer one (going for Mbappe) and got D. Sanchez.....twice. Sold him on and called it quits. Think it was EA’s way of telling me today isn’t my day :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Aaaaand, losing streak in Div 4.

Selling everything up, gonna do some IF trading but just stop playing for a while...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Aaaaand, losing streak in Div 4.

Selling everything up, gonna do some IF trading but just stop playing for a while...

I'm back down in Div 7 again after nearly winning Div 3..swings and roundabouts.
    I'm still scoring goals but obivously my opponents are scoring more and its all stupid ass goals I'm letting in..ie my own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Div 7? jesus.

is it defending you're struggling with? you have a very good team f i remember correctly, you should have no issues surviving in div 1 and 2 with it. have yu too much invested in your strikers and a ****ty defense or something?

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Div 7? jesus.

is it defending you're struggling with? you have a very good team f i remember correctly, you should have no issues surviving in div 1 and 2 with it. have yu too much invested in your strikers and a ****ty defense or something?

no I just get ebbs and flows.
    The last night this happened I changed my formation and stormed straight back up to Div 3 for a few seasons and then the last week or so I just keep losing games in the last minute.
    I did sell Kompany/Courtois to fund my overmars sbc but I bought them back afterwards so its not that either.
    I found the same last year. Hit Div 2 with lique1 team for a few months and then wham..I was down to bloody div 7 again..crazy..doesn't bother me too much though..I get to do all my tricks and skills etc lower down rather than grinding out games :D

Advertisement