Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Got Van Dijk should be worth keeping hold of?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got Van Dijk should be worth keeping hold of?
    It usually takes a goal and a clean sheet for a defender to get an IF, not a common occurrence for Liverpool :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Spent another 100k doing the OTW Summer untradeable...Yarmolenko, Siggurdson and a couple 82s + 81s. All recycled into it...then packed Tolisso and Bonucci. Neither of them are Mbappe/Salah/Neymar but happy with the returns. Going to hold on to those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Played a squad battles game earlier against 81 rated team so decided to play legendary to get the points,turned out the team I played against had at least 6 icon players,Kante,naingolan,and de gea in goal,needless to say I lost but how is that regarded an 81 team,if I'd known the quality of that team I prob would have played world class or even pro

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Played a squad battles game earlier against 81 rated team so decided to play legendary to get the points,turned out the team I played against had at least 6 icon players,Kante,naingolan,and de gea in goal,needless to say I lost but how is that regarded an 81 team,if I'd known the quality of that team I prob would have played world class or even pro

Probably filled the bench with bronze players to skew the rating, there's a way to view the squad before playing it in the SB menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bench counts towards the overall rating.

Must have used some really low bronze cards to get it down to 81, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

@osmosis you mentioned that once you had the coins to do 1 OTW SBC the rest would be easier. I just done a winter tradeable there for 68k got an Ajax LB only got 6k left. Is another one not gonna cost another 20k or so?

markc91 wrote: »
    @osmosis you mentioned that once you had the coins to do 1 OTW SBC the rest would be easier. I just done a winter tradeable there for 68k got an Ajax LB only got 6k left. Is another one not gonna cost another 20k or so?

I've been doing the untradeables, far cheaper. Usually costs about 10k per SBC once you've got a OTW to use.

Probably filled the bench with bronze players to skew the rating, there's a way to view the squad before playing it in the SB menu.

I didn't know that,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Blazer wrote: »
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Aaaaand, losing streak in Div 4.

Selling everything up, gonna do some IF trading but just stop playing for a while...

I'm back down in Div 7 again after nearly winning Div 3..swings and roundabouts.
    I'm still scoring goals but obivously my opponents are scoring more and its all stupid ass goals I'm letting in..ie my own fault.

What’s your team? Do you play fut champs?

• Advertisement

Are the 125000 packs worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cost me about 80k doing untradeables but I'll settle for him maybe he might get a Patrick against Newcastle next weekend :)

20180205_000931.jpg

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Are the 125000 packs worth it?

They are if you pack a good player :):)

No packs are worth it mate if you have coins or money to spare you put it in for the fun of it but don't ever put it in if your easily disappointed.

Never spend coins on packs, you'd need a massive player to even make back 125k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Never spend coins on packs, you'd need a massive player to even make back 125k

Never spend real money on packs, the regret is threefold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Never spend real money on packs, the regret is threefold :(

**** it, you only live once.
    I bought one of them last night and got Neymar.
    Bought Bergkamp and while he’s brilliant that means Salah gets stuck on the bench.
    Will hold onto him though till tots comes out in a few months but really the only place i need to improve are my defenders.
    What’s 85-88 Ferdinand like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Blazer wrote: »
    **** it, you only live once.
    I bought one of them last night and got Neymar.
    Bought Bergkamp and while he’s brilliant that means Salah gets stuck on the bench.
    Will hold onto him though till tots comes out in a few months but really the only place i need to improve are my defenders.
    What’s 85-88 Ferdinand like?

had a loan 88 ferdinand and he was good beside Van Dijk in fairness :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Had a game against an 83 rated team in squad battles last night, when I previewed the team most of them were bronze in the starting lineup. Went in and as soon as I kicked off it was mostly IF and Icons... WTF...... so I play away and it takes me 45 mins to score but the weird thing is I played a through ball, defender has a yard on Salah on gets to the ball, suddenly salah transports himself from the edge of the box to the back of the net with the ball at his feet. I am noticing alot more of the teleporting since the latest update which is weird.

Lads ffs. Did another OTW untradeable pack, got Mbappe again. I just had to stick him in another SBC or discard him. I actually feel bad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Decided I'd take advantage of the extra day for wl but every game I play I hate the patch significantly more.

Imo the patch has completely played into the hands of the pace abusers. In an attempt to make the ping pong passing obsolete they have made passing in general harder, meaning there's no point in trying to play a nice buildup game when one misplaced pass result in a low driven sending bale through on goal.
    Compare this to trying to manage a shot on target when there are two lines of four just sat in front of the goal and there's little point in even trying to pass your way up the pitch.

Every person I play is now using 4-3-2-1 with either bale or alessandrini as rf and it's just become beyond boring because there's nothing you can do to stop it since players just seem to walk through tackles.

I might sell up and invest in whatever the cheapest totgs card is in the hope that they'll be required for the team of the tournament sbc kind of like how the winter otw required the summer cards.

• Advertisement

Screenshot_20180205-172054.jpg

Gona give 442 a go so made this up had to fit in few untradeables.

Try get as many crosses in as possible for lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Any chance Salah will get into TOTW?

From the guesses online it looks like once again anything short of scoring 5, 10 assists and saving a penalty isn't good enough for Mo!

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Decided I'd take advantage of the extra day for wl but every game I play I hate the patch significantly more.

Imo the patch has completely played into the hands of the pace abusers. In an attempt to make the ping pong passing obsolete they have made passing in general harder, meaning there's no point in trying to play a nice buildup game when one misplaced pass result in a low driven sending bale through on goal.
    Compare this to trying to manage a shot on target when there are two lines of four just sat in front of the goal and there's little point in even trying to pass your way up the pitch.

Every person I play is now using 4-3-2-1 with either bale or alessandrini as rf and it's just become beyond boring because there's nothing you can do to stop it since players just seem to walk through tackles.

I might sell up and invest in whatever the cheapest totgs card is in the hope that they'll be required for the team of the tournament sbc kind of like how the winter otw required the summer cards.

What formation do you use? I use 4231 narrow and rarely have an issue playing against that formation. I would even go as far as saying it’s my favorite to play against because it’s so weak defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

crazy eyes wrote: »
    What formation do you use? I use 4231 narrow and rarely have an issue playing against that formation. I would even go as far as saying it’s my favorite to play against because it’s so weak defensively.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 and find that people will just leave the 3 attackers forward and let the rest stay on the edge of the box.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Italian League peeps, what are the options for RB? There don't seem to be many...

Italian League peeps, what are the options for RB? There don't seem to be many...

Nope only the one decent option mate.

Edit: ment to say florenzi. I find lichsteiner is too slow for me.

Gyan84 wrote: »

I play 4-1-2-1-2 and find that people will just leave the 3 attackers forward and let the rest stay on the edge of the box.

I’ve noticed people doing that recently too and when they get the ball of you they just do a driven pass to there forwards. The problem with the 4212 is that the wing backs tend to go forward and you’ll end up with a 3v3 in that situation

I’ve used florenzi for 500 games plus and I think he’s great. As mentioned already there’s no other decent rb’s in the calico A

I’ve noticed people doing that recently too and when they get the ball of you they just do a driven pass to there forwards. The problem with the 4212 is that the wing backs tend to go forward and you’ll end up with a 3v3 in that situation

That's true about the wingbacks but usually if you switch to defend and set them to stay back they won't pass the halfway mark.

The main problem I always seem to have is wingbacks tucking in narrow and leaving acres if space for the opposition winger I'd say it's my biggest problem with defending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

The whole right side is a bit weak I find in Serie A. I use Lichsteiner's 84 rated IF. I find him solid but a bit over priced at 40,000ish. He's good at tackling and in the air but doesn't offer nearly as much going forward as Rodriguez at LB for me. I had Lichsteiner's 82 rated base card which cost me less than 1,000 and was better value for money.

As other's have said Fiorenzi seems to be the most popular choice as he's a pace merchant but I can't speak for what he's like to use. I plan as getting him as back up to Lichsteiner when I can afford it.

Advertisement