Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Packed IF Viviano in the daily SBC on Sunday and just packed Lukaku from the daily SBC yesterday...not bad for spending nothing to do them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Broke the 100k coins, the temptation to spend is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I needed to win 6 of my last 8 games to get my first ever gold 1 finish. I lose the next game to a guy called 420weed on penalties because the ball goes under my keeper even though I guessed the right way and pointed the stick to the bottom corner every time :rolleyes:.

I then win the next 5. Second last game 2-0 up in the 80th minute - You have lost your connection to EA servers. Immediately re-login and the game is counted as a loss :mad::( I probably wouldn't have won my last game but still it's annoying.

I set my full backs set to stay back and I still find them on the edge of the box.
    I don't really mind that but when they suddenly pull in narrow it leaves the winger and fullback free with no one to challenge them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Picked up Laporte otw for 50k and have to say he’s extremely solid. If you look at this stats while his passing etc are low his defensive stats are extremely high making him very good. Paired him up with 87 Mustafi and both are rock solid. Benched Bailly as backup. Also got otw Mkithawhatever and settled for him. Have a few bob left so will try for another otw card.
    Kane is playing a blinder for me, can’t wait for him to get his winter upgrade as if he isn’t overpowered as is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did a few upgrade packs with my nonrare golds, and pack an 75 rated OTW.

Decided to do the OTW SBC and got Coquelin

Cycled him through and got Meïté, whos stats don't actually look to bad.

Now to decide if I try one final time, or accept I got Meite for basically nothing and don't risk my luck further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did a few upgrade packs with my nonrare golds, and pack an 75 rated OTW.

Decided to do the OTW SBC and got Coquelin

Cycled him through and got Meïté, whos stats don't actually look to bad.

Now to decide if I try one final time, or accept I got Meite for basically nothing and don't risk my luck further.

You know you want too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why would you use a otw card that doesn't have an upgrade? It doesn't make sense to over his normal regular gold card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Italian League peeps, what are the options for RB? There don't seem to be many...

Florenzi is one of the best RBS in the whole game,well that's what I think anyway

Filipe Luis, Alli and a discard IF....SBCs are finally giving me something good!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why would you use a otw card that doesn't have an upgrade? It doesn't make sense to over his normal regular gold card.

Meite has an IF, doesn't he?

Anyway, ****ING FINALLY! Qualified for the weekend league.

Grabbed the non-IF versions of Mertens, Naingollan, as well as Manolas and Florenzi. Stuck them in a 4-2-2-2 with Overmars and Salah up front.

And I got 4 games agains relatively normal teams. Not a superteam in sight :P

• Advertisement

Meite has an IF, doesn't he?

Anyway, ****ING FINALLY! Qualified for the weekend league.

Grabbed the non-IF versions of Mertens, Naingollan, as well as Manolas and Florenzi. Stuck them in a 4-2-2-2 with Overmars and Salah up front.

And I got 4 games agains relatively normal teams. Not a superteam in sight :P

The standard will have dropped significantly because only 11 wins needed to qualify so not as many will be looking at the dkt. If you get any run at all you should be able qualify automatically now too.

jayo26 wrote: »
    The standard will have dropped significantly because only 11 wins needed to qualify so not as many will be looking at the dkt. If you get any run at all you should be able qualify automatically now too.

Yeah. It's 11 wins, right? Should well be able to clear that.

If I can you can ha just stop changing your team haha.

I wonder will Mkitharyan get an IF. He has 3 assists in the Arsenal match. I picked his otw card as an untradeable

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Blazer wrote:
    I wonder will Mkitharyan get an IF. He has 3 assists in the Arsenal match. I picked his otw card as an untradeable

Ramsey got the hat trick though so he'll most likely get 1 and they don't often give 2 from 1 match.

Dont be so sure,the standard is alot higher

Ramsey got the hat trick though so he'll most likely get 1 and they don't often give 2 from 1 match.

Forgot that. Might swing it hopefully as it was his debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got burnt out from ultimate team having done so many of the weekend leagues last year in FIFA17. I probably won't play it much again until FIFA 19, unless they bring out that rumoured World Cup mode. In the mean time, I've been tipping away through regular seasons.

I know it's not ultimate team, but its gone pretty well so far. Somehow I'm 40-0-1. Kinda makes me want to go back and flake into a weekend league even though my team would be totally rubbish.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I got burnt out from ultimate team having done so many of the weekend leagues last year in FIFA17. I probably won't play it much again until FIFA 19, unless they bring out that rumoured World Cup mode. In the mean time, I've been tipping away through regular seasons.

I know it's not ultimate team, but its gone pretty well so far. Somehow I'm 40-0-1. Kinda makes me want to go back and flake into a weekend league even though my team would be totally rubbish.

The dkt/weekend league servers are definitely on a higher tick rate than the standard ut servers which might be p2p hosted as well. I never play dkt as I work weekends but had a quick game last night and christ it’s very fast. Players are a lot lot faster than the basic mode obviously which is why people are going for fast players. POTM Kane is fantastic in normal ut but in dkt he was hopelessly too slow. Complete farce.
    I can easily win games on normal seasons but find dkt just encourages tika taka for the normal players which bores the pants of me.

I've just committed to the okocha icon,spent about 200,000 on it so far,just need to gather the next 300,000 or so to finish it now,ah I should have that in about a month lol!

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've just committed to the okocha icon,spent about 200,000 on it so far,just need to gather the next 300,000 or so to finish it now,ah I should have that in about a month lol!

always nice to have an icon..I take it you already have Costa? He should be the first icon everyone goes for in my opinion..he's bloody awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I bought Crespo because Mertens 88 was broken for me.

Pretty good, but might swap him for Hernandez to give Lozano full chemistry.

Has anyone tried both of these icons?

Is one better than the other? Since both cost about the same I presume they offer similar quality?

Blazer wrote: »

Awesome. He gets an IF as well as Salah and Walcott. Walcott gets a bump from 80 to 83? Wtf? Everton lost 5-1.
    Ah a midweek game. So now EA include midweek games.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

salah gone up to 89

Those salah and batshuyai cards look great.

Ake looks like he could replace bailly as the most used premier league defender because his 81 is great and now he has another +3 overall.

I'll still probably spend my weekend league coins on callum wilsons if in the hope that he wins potm and one of his in forms is required,

Aguero, KDB, Eriksen, Hazard, Vertoghen and Wilson all up for January POTM....whoever it is is going to be unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Calum Wilson to win POTM? Are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

RossieMan wrote:

He'll be second to Aguero

He'll be second to Aguero

Aguero , De Bruyne and Eriksen would all be worthy winners. But it has to be Aguero. Top scorer and 8 assists.
    If he gets it it must be at least a 93 rated card.
    Have got to get me some of that :)

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »

Wilson would be the only one I could afford as well as vertonghen :pac:. The rest will probably be more expensive than some of the icon sbcs :o

Advertisement