Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Weekend league can go and shyte,lost 4 on the bounce from my defence either stopping in their tracks or stepping up about 5 feet everytime a ball is played behind them....havent seen this problem in a long while but its unplayable now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jumping between a few, looking for some sort of form. Trying a French league one but it's useless. Might try BBVA out of desperation...

I'm on a 13 match losing streak now. 6 WL games so far today. All humiliating losses. Don't no whether to laugh or cry. Two weeks ago, I was thinking getting into div one was a possibility. Now I can't string together a few goals, let alone wins.

yep..its a frakking rollercoaster.
    after dropping 4 divisions in a row I'm now storming back up until I fall flat again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The patch has definitely affected the game. It's helped people who can actually defend properly rather than letting the AI help them out.

Apart from the now ****ty passing, I like the patch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I won a match! :D

Decided to actually try to build something round 91 Pirlo so am running a 4231 with Overmars up front, and 91 Pirlo, 85 Valeri and Rui Costa in behind him. Not really much speed in the CAMs but long shots galore, and awesome passing stats.

First game. Got 3-1 up and the guy rage quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

So after quickselling all the worthless golds in my club I had enough to do one final otw sbc.

And I got mbappe ! :D:D:D

I think osmosis' pack luck must have rubbed off on me :pac::pac:

So from my gold 2 rewards I got otw bonucci and mbappe :D

That makes up for not packing anything good in a few months

• Advertisement

1 win in ten not leaving me optamistic for getting those 11 wins. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Dozyart wrote: »
    Weekend league can go and shyte,lost 4 on the bounce from my defence either stopping in their tracks or stepping up about 5 feet everytime a ball is played behind them....havent seen this problem in a long while but its unplayable now
    Yet others can still win.

1-12

I'm done. Just can't be bothered being humiliated.

And I'm not claiming it's all EAids (though some of the bounces and stuff are absurd). I know the problem for me. It's the meta. I can't play against the high pressure, high blah blah. Every game is just being pinned into my box, being mauled.

Think that's nearly Fifa done for me tbh. I was doing Weekend league cause I've lost interest in seasons, and my personal play style just works into what the Meta destroys. So yeah. I'm tired of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Holy ****, that 83 SBC Cristiano for the J-League SBC... 99 strength.

Holy ****, that 83 SBC Cristiano for the J-League SBC... 99 strength.

Composure and balance are bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

tbayers wrote: »
    Yet others can still win.

it's amazing isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Another draft win, Bas Dost the best player I got back :) Wish they'd at least refund the 15k if you win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lord TSC wrote: »
    1 win in ten not leaving me optamistic for getting those 11 wins. :P

Told ya it's not as straight forward to get 11 wins,I've won 5 in 15 games, if I never see De gea again it'll be too soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Composure and balance are bad though.

His regular card is supposed to be a tank though...he’s got 54 composure on that. Tempted to do the league SBC and pair him with Ronaldinho up front

Started 2-2 then stuck mbappe into my team and now I'm 8-3 :pac:
    He's great craic to use because he usually scores one complete eaids goal per game.

For the people having trouble defending, I've found that if you get the ai to run at the man on the ball while you hover around marking players with a midfielder it works pretty well. If they get into/near the box I just hold contain because they won't get passed it unless they're skillers. I used to tackle in the box but this has cut down on the penalties I give away by about 80%.

Also buy manolas. He's the best defender I've used and he's nearly always under 5k.

Dozyart wrote: »
    it's amazing isnt it

I mean, yeah, but here's the thing. Patches won't affect everyone the same, as everyone plays different styles. It can be perfectly logical that a patch can cause massive damage to some people, while not affecting others in the slightest.

Since the patch, I've dropped from "Div 3 and just missing promotion" to "Div 6 and can't get a win". I didn't use kick off glitches or the likes, and hey, maybe it is just a coincidence. But the last week of Fifa has seen my record utterly destroyed, and it's foolish to dismiss the coincidental timing of that. I've had bad runs, but never like this one.

Fair play if people haven't found it's changed much, or can say they are winning matches easily though. I'm not placing 100% blame on the patch either; I know a chunk of it, for me, is psychological.

Every patch seems to nerf a lot of formations and make others a lot better.
    The last patch before this one made 4-4-2 very powerful as seen in the recent twitch streaming event as you even had people changing their preferred formation to 4-4-2 on the day of the event once they saw how op it was.
    The most recent patch now favours 4-1-3-2 and everyone is now using that.
    Its absolutely farcical that each time EA release a patch it breaks something in the game and forces players to readjust.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Blazer wrote: »
    Every patch seems to nerf a lot of formations and make others a lot better.
    The last patch before this one made 4-4-2 very powerful as seen in the recent twitch streaming event as you even had people changing their preferred formation to 4-4-2 on the day of the event once they saw how op it was.
    The most recent patch now favours 4-1-3-2 and everyone is now using that.
    Its absolutely farcical that each time EA release a patch it breaks something in the game and forces players to readjust.

Did you mean 4-3-1-2? I've seen very little if it, if anything I see a lot of 4-3-2-1

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Did you mean 4-3-1-2? I've seen very little if it, if anything I see a lot of 4-3-2-1

yeah that's a pretty common one but its the I mentioned.
    Its the first variation of the SB one everyone uses and its OP as hell.
    You have 2 strikers with a CAM behind them and 2 attacking midfielders just behind the CAM. You just tear teams apart with brute pace and passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lord TSC wrote:
    Think that's nearly Fifa done for me tbh. I was doing Weekend league cause I've lost interest in seasons, and my personal play style just works into what the Meta destroys. So yeah. I'm tired of it.

Haven't played in over a month. Gonna do sbcs and stack packs for tots, games dead imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Haven't played in over a month. Gonna do sbcs and stack packs for tots, games dead imo.

the money they make tells otherwise. the tournaments they run tells otherwise.

not sure why you think its dead.

RossieMan wrote: »
    the money they make tells otherwise. the tournaments they run tells otherwise.

The tournament would have been a disaster if they hadn't offered a few measly cards to whoever logged in. I wouldn't class 90,000 viewers as big.
    They've also lost a lot of the pro youtuber streamers who've gotten sick of grinding out matches in WL every weekend.
    I'm betting FUT19 will have some drastic changes and introduce a midweek league or less matches over a longer period to try and keep players.
    They've already reduced the requirements to 11 matches to try and keep more players playing WL. SB has already seen a dramatic falloff in players and streamers.
    Only reason they're making more money is reducing the pack weights of the high ranked players and the numerous SBC's they keep rolling out.
    On the plus side there's never been a better chance to have an icon in your team compared to previous years.

Blazer wrote: »
    On the plus side there's never been a better chance to have an icon in your team compared to previous years.

One thing I hope they do in regards to that for next year is either stop having icons required in the sbcs or having sbcs for all three versions.

The current set up has all central icons at 400k simply because they can be used in sbcs where as if they weren't needed people with 100-200k could try out the lower rated versions of icons.

RossieMan wrote:

I meant from my enjoyment side of things, maybe stale is more appropriate.

I've 5m coins sitting looking at me and not bothered on playing the game, just feel burned out.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I meant from my enjoyment side of things, maybe stale is more appropriate.

I've 5m coins sitting looking at me and not bothered on playing the game, just feel burned out.

save them for tots or get a nice icon team going and just tip along as you seen.
    Icons are the best way to keep your icons safe bar not spending them until the toty teams come out.

Blazer wrote:
    save them for tots or get a nice icon team going and just tip along as you seen. Icons are the best way to keep your icons safe bar not spending them until the toty teams come out.

Yea saving them for tots. I'm playing Fifa mobile now and it's great fun. I'll be back for tots :)

The game definately feels rigged/ weighted towards producing dramatic matches.
    I was 11-4 now 11-7.

Lost 2 games 2-1 to people with less than 75% passing because the game wouldn't let me score until the 80th minute.

The third guy has the usual Ronaldo, icons etc and goes up one because my player slide tackled instead of passing :confused: Once the 80th minute comes my low driven shots suddenly start going in and I'm 2-1 up. 90th minute he scores another aids goal. Into extra time, 3 free shots with 86 Mbappe and they all hit the post then he scores a 120th minute corner despite the fact I had 3 defenders over 6 foot marking his Ronaldo. And of course he dabs :mad::(

Anyway I'll try again tomorrow while I go back to building teams which I seem to enjoy more.

This is my squad atm: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/3690173

I think I might do shevchenko next and use him until I trade him in for petit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The game definately feels rigged/ weighted towards producing dramatic matches.
    I was 11-4 now 11-7.

Lost 2 games 2-1 to people with less than 75% passing because the game wouldn't let me score until the 80th minute.

The third guy has the usual Ronaldo, icons etc and goes up one because my player slide tackled instead of passing :confused: Once the 80th minute comes my low driven shots suddenly start going in and I'm 2-1 up. 90th minute he scores another aids goal. Into extra time, 3 free shots with 86 Mbappe and they all hit the post then he scores a 120th minute corner despite the fact I had 3 defenders over 6 foot marking his Ronaldo. And of course he dabs :mad::(

Anyway I'll try again tomorrow while I go back to building teams which I seem to enjoy more.

This is my squad atm: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/3690173

I think I might do shevchenko next and use him until I trade him in for petit.

What about lads that consistantly score 38-2 + ?

callaway92 wrote: »
    What about lads that consistantly score 38-2 + ?

What about them ? Phil Taylor could probably hit a 180 10 times in a row in his prime but that doesn't mean a normal person could do it that consistently. Just because it feels weighted to dramatic results doesn't mean there's no skill gap.

Plus if you watch the people that get 38-2 it's because they create so many chances that it doesn't matter if their mbappe suddenly stops.

I'm not a top 100 player so one miss that should be a goal is 10 times more costly and infinitely more frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What about them ? Phil Taylor could probably hit a 180 10 times in a row in his prime but that doesn't mean a normal person could do it that consistently. Just because it feels weighted to dramatic results doesn't mean there's no skill gap.

Plus if you watch the people that get 38-2 it's because they create so many chances that it doesn't matter if their mbappe suddenly stops.

I'm not a top 100 player so one miss that should be a goal is 10 times more costly and infinitely more frustrating.

Calm down

Advertisement