Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

callaway92 wrote: »
    Calm down

Why ask him to calm down? He just responded to what you asked him!!

I can see this from both ways lads the bloody game drives me nuts at times things happen that frustrate the he'll out of you but when you go on a really ****ty run it's usually your own fault it happens me all the time but I know it's cause I lose patience and push it when I shouldn't be.

This weekend won my first two games them lost the next 8 but went on to win nine in a row after changing formation.

It's not the game it's the mind with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Usually when I'm having a crap run at any game I have to take a step back and give it a break (even just for a couple of hours). I find myself starting to 'rush' too much when anger sets in.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Usually when I'm having a crap run at any game I have to take a step back and give it a break (even just for a couple of hours). I find myself starting to 'rush' too much when anger sets in.

Well that's it the worst thing to do is keep playing but the problem is you don't have that luxury with weekend league because of the bloody time constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I keep pressing the home menu for spotify ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd say I've won 2 outta my last 10 wl games,all of my shots are suddenly being saved,hitting posts,hitting defenders or going wide,while up the other end everything the opponent does goes in,I have more possession,more shots on goal in every match yet still losing,I'm playing the same way yet suddenly nothing is happening,there's something not right anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well that's it the worst thing to do is keep playing but the problem is you don't have that luxury with weekend league because of the bloody time constraints.

Yeap.

Friday night, I stepped away from Fifa cause I could feel it was affecting me way to much, emotionally. Have switched over to Overwatch, and am far, far happier. Also just messing with BPM which is fun too.

But its basically kissing a sense of progression in Fifa goodbye, because you've got to play at the weekend, every weekend, now to get any proper rewards and such.

Taking a few days off is sometimes needed but the game does punish you if you decide that break has to be for even a single weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

well how about a league but featuring our own teams?
    It's a real pity EA removed the trade feature of the marketplace..we could have made it very interesting.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeap.

Friday night, I stepped away from Fifa cause I could feel it was affecting me way to much, emotionally. Have switched over to Overwatch, and am far, far happier. Also just messing with BPM which is fun too.

But its basically kissing a sense of progression in Fifa goodbye, because you've got to play at the weekend, every weekend, now to get any proper rewards and such.

Taking a few days off is sometimes needed but the game does punish you if you decide that break has to be for even a single weekend....

Try out pubg dude it's freeking awesome addictive ha.

and best of all no class progression or any of that crap.
    Each and very game is unique and awesome :)

Blazer wrote: »
    and best of all no class progression or any of that crap.
    Each and very game is unique and awesome :)

Every time you open a door is like opening a fifa pack you know it's probably going to be a 9mm handgun but the odd time it just could be something special :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Every time you open a door is like opening a fifa pack you know it's probably going to be a 9mm handgun but the odd time it just could be something special :):)

Started this PUBG yesterday and enjoyed it, got a shotgun and some sort of uzi in my third game and thought I'd won the lottery...... got killed not a minute later and robbed lol. Seems a good laugh :)

Liamalone wrote: »
    Started this PUBG yesterday and enjoyed it, got a shotgun and some sort of uzi in my third game and thought I'd won the lottery...... got killed not a minute later and robbed lol. Seems a good laugh :)

Haha it's great laugh walking around for 20 mins without finding any one to shoot then you get one shot but end up dead and have to start again.

I'm only new too but it's good Craic. Join the pubg Xbox thread pal.

we should squad up on xbox..fifaplayers on pubg:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

15 games left and I had to go 7-8 to get my first ever gold 1 finish.
    5 games later and I have to go 6-4 :(

I came up against a guy who's team was all the toty cards and prime icons and then a guy who had prime carlos and 89 salah down one side who would spam crosses which resulted in a kick off goal every time I scored.

Each weekend I think I've gold 1 nailed on and then this happens :pac:

On the bright side 86 mbappe is still averaging over a goal a game after 25 weekend league matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been tempted. I love some Let's Plays I've seen.

But I tried Fortnite and found it got boring quick. Wonder if PUbG have the same issue.

But I tried Fortnite and found it got boring quick. Wonder if PUbG have the same issue.

I haven't tried fortnite so don't know mate but pubg for the first day or so for me was a bit overwhelming but when I got used to the idea of instead of focusing on where to be in the circle and just run around trying to collect decent weapons as soon as possible I found it really exciting.

What I said earlier about opening doors been like opening ultimate team packs I wasn't messing it is actually a bit of excitement finding a big house or village where No one else is around and running from room to room looking for stuff and then someone else comes close so trying to ambush or avoid them.

The shooting mechanics do take a bit of getting used to in comparison to other first person shooters but it is doable.

Started off really bad two wins in 10 but then changed formation and won 8 on the trot that's a record for me in ultimate team the lost another 4 or 5 and changed to another formation and results picked up again so I'm left with 9 to play and need 2 wins to get gold 3 might get them in tonight if not who cares.

I’ve been playing pubg for the past year since it launched last March on Pc and love it. Every single night I play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Trying to find Frankfurt players for the bundesliga SBC is a nightmare
    The wingers are extinct

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Trying to find Frankfurt players for the bundesliga SBC is a nightmare
    The wingers are extinct

Try another position. If these challenges are 95 chemistry you can use a different position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads theres a whole thread for pubg chat, take it there instead of derailing this one thanks.

Ok so you play squad battles all week and get elite 2,you get 2 mega packs and hope for something decent right,what did I get a fcuking 84 Dimitri payet that's it nothing else worth a fcuk,I don't know why I fcuking bother I think I've had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Looks like the weekly packs are finished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

seamie78 wrote: »
    Looks like the weekly packs are finished

Mine ran out last week, turned on xbox for them and there was nothing :(

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ok so you play squad battles all week and get elite 2,you get 2 mega packs and hope for something decent right,what did I get a fcuking 84 Dimitri payet that's it nothing else worth a fcuk,I don't know why I fcuking bother I think I've had enough

I gave up on SB a long time ago. It’s worthless. Grand for some people starting out as a way of getting coins but playing the ai is just boring as hell.

Blazer wrote: »
    I gave up on SB a long time ago. It’s worthless. Grand for some people starting out as a way of getting coins but playing the ai is just boring as hell.

I've only ever played all the games once before and got really good cards from the 2 mega packs by getting elite 2,so said I'd do it again - big mistake

I’m off next weekend so gonna give WL a chance. If I can qualify :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

My internet cut out yesterday so I didn't get to finish my games.
    I got gold 3 though which isn't bad.

I used Shevchenko for 20 games and thought he was good but I'd still prefer kluivert. 750k is too much for him imo he should be in the same price range as costa.

I used mertens for the other 20 games and wasn't a fan of him at all.

Hopefully aguero's 4 goals will influence EA to give wilson the potm in order to avoid 2 aguero's in two months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

i don't think ea have a say on who gets POTM, it say the sbcs for agguero will be crazy prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

My free packs gone too so started doing cultural exchange just to open a pack or two...

90 CAM Okocha :D

Advertisement