Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 18 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That's an unreal team to start with jayo. It's going to take me weeks and weeks to get to something like that, but I'm going to trade like a mo'fo.

My goals are the same as last year, elite in the weekend league, elite overall for one month, win D1, eventually get CR7.

I always find that when I actually get to the team I really want, I lose interest. FUT is really about the journey rather than the destination. My favourite time of the year is at the start before every player has 5 or 6 OP versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »
    That's an unreal team to start with jayo. It's going to take me weeks and weeks to get to something like that, but I'm going to trade like a mo'fo.

My goals are the same as last year, elite in the weekend league, elite overall for one month, win D1, eventually get CR7.

I always find that when I actually get to the team I really want, I lose interest. FUT is really about the journey rather than the destination. My favourite time of the year is at the start before every player has 5 or 6 OP versions.

I did have a little help starting off to get some coins going but traded a good 200k worth in past 5 days.

I was really disappointed with cr7 last year and henwas always my goal every year so this year it's to get the highest rates mertens as possible out and jesus too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

My first impressions of this game were quite sour, so after a bit of tinkering with sqauds this is what I am going with.
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/36486

I am 4 games in with it and the front 3 are incredible, Martial has 7 goals and 4 assists(3 matches), Antonio is amazing he has 4 goals and 8 assists and Salah has 3 goals and 6 assists.

Forster is the real star though, hes saving low drivens that shouldnt be saved and the crazy long shots that go in with ease. I suggest anyone running a prem team to try him he's available for 900 coins at the mo.

Also stay away from Izquierdo, hes not worth the cost.

Anyone able to suggest a replacement for Roque Mesa for about 10k?

Toobz wrote: »
    My first impressions of this game were quite sour, so after a bit of tinkering with sqauds this is what I am going with.
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/36486

I am 4 games in with it and the front 3 are incredible, Martial has 7 goals and 4 assists(3 matches), Antonio is amazing he has 4 goals and 8 assists and Salah has 3 goals and 6 assists.

Forster is the real star though, hes saving low drivens that shouldnt be saved and the crazy long shots that go in with ease. I suggest anyone running a prem team to try him he's available for 900 coins at the mo.

Also stay away from Izquierdo, hes not worth the cost.

Anyone able to suggest a replacement for Roque Mesa for about 10k?

What's fernandinho going for Now? I have him in my club played few games with him He seemed good but I replaced him with Ander Herrera for cdm

jayo26 wrote: »
    What's fernandinho going for Now? I have him in my club played few games with him He seemed good but I replaced him with Ander Herrera for cdm

Good shout, ill play a few more to really see what he is like as he might be quietly doing an excellent job!

How's that jesus play? I probably shouldnt look at him as I need the hold up striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Good shout, ill play a few more to really see what he is like as he might be quietly doing an excellent job!

How's that jesus play? I probably shouldnt look at him as I need the hold up striker.

Jesus is tasty..he's no longer 5 star skills (4) but still a goal machine for me.

Blazer wrote: »
    Jesus is tasty..he's no longer 5 star skills (4) but still a goal machine for me.

Spotted that and it put me off a little. Might go super shameless and put son on LF and Martial as ST as I really am blown away by just how good Martial is again this year.

I haven't used him yet I bought him after my trial expired but if he is anything like last year he will be a demon. I have used Radford and he is stronger and faster then Jesus and cheaper he might be an option for you.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I haven't used him yet I bought him after my trial expired but if he is anything like last year he will be a demon. I have used Radford and he is stronger and faster then Jesus and cheaper he might be an option for you.

Always had a terrible time playing against rashford for some reason, but never used him due to the 3/3*. Also Antonio is extinct for good reason, id say the only thing ill swap him for is an upgrade which could be the Son/Martial combo if Son is as effective this year

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

The pack luck has been good this year. In my squad battle rewards(2 mega packs and 25k) I packed Harry Kane and an inform. Overall made about 100k from playing the computer.

• Advertisement

Always had a terrible time playing against rashford for some reason, but never used him due to the 3/3*. Also Antonio is extinct for good reason, id say the only thing ill swap him for is an upgrade which could be the Son/Martial combo if Son is as effective this year

Radford is 3 and 4 this season he has better skills ;) his finishing is lethal I'm not sure if he avoids using weaker foot but he just sprints behind defences and slots them home. I'm not sure of his record for me I'll check tomorrow but it's not far off 2 goals a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I did Fenehrbace SBC and packed IF Wangberg, Draxler and Semedo.

Not a bad start, not at all :)

1am is when it goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after starting it up and didn't get any rewards for returning to FUT, don't you usually get a few packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Played my first game there, in the draft. I'm not sure if defending is much harder, or just bad, I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt for now and try to improve. Heard a lot about the goalkeepers being poor and so far I agree, got the Icon Yashin in goal and he couldn't save a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Played my first game there, in the draft. I'm not sure if defending is much harder, or just bad, I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt for now and try to improve. Heard a lot about the goalkeepers being poor and so far I agree, got the Icon Yashin in goal and he couldn't save a thing.

I don't think the defending is bad. Bit more input from the player is required which is a good step, less auto clearances and the AI stepping in for you. I find if you are blocking a shot now, you actually have to press circle/b to put your foot out to block it.

The problem was the keepers initially, finesse was just OP, any sort of lateral angle and you could finesse one in if your player has good curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If I have origin access and buy the standard edition on PC, can I play early or do I need to get Ronaldo edition? (10 hours trial is up)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Also one minor thing I've noticed that is absolutely doing my head in. When changing your Player Instructions you hover over a player and it shows the options you can change on the left. Beside the option there is a bar with 3 circles on it, 2 grey and the one that is currently selected is white. When you hover over the option to change it the colours reverse and the selected one is now grey while the other two are white, it's so confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Played my first few games in squad battles liking it so far. Gameplay is taking getting used to. The rewards for squad battles are decent for eilite 1 39k and 2 mega packs. Haven't a hope of breaking into that too 100 so won't be trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

logged on to game on ps4 this morning no problems, however on the web app still getting the message " continue playing FUT 18 on PS4 to unlock access to the transfer market" . I was able to access the transfer market on ps4 very annoying not being able to access it on the web app anyone else having the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

seamie78 wrote: »
    logged on to game on ps4 this morning no problems, however on the web app still getting the message " continue playing FUT 18 on PS4 to unlock access to the transfer market" . I was able to access the transfer market on ps4 very annoying not being able to access it on the web app anyone else having the same problem?

Once you play 10 or 20 games you'll be able to use the web app properly

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I contacted ea, they wil escalate it....ffs I will have played the games then. it means despite pre ordering the icon edition im still at a disadvantage to others.............not a happy bunny. they could provide no reason as to why and even confirmed that I was a good customer in good standing who fulfilled all the criteria for early web access, id prefer to use my console time for games and do sbcs etc on the app

I contacted ea, they wil escalate it....ffs I will have played the games then. it means despite pre ordering the icon edition im still at a disadvantage to others.............not a happy bunny. they could provide no reason as to why and even confirmed that I was a good customer in good standing who fulfilled all the criteria for early web access, id prefer to use my console time for games and do sbcs etc on the app

Happened me last year on pc it was unlocked after about 30 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after winning all four matches in a draft, and somehow managed to not even get 1 rare gold from the reward packs, let alone anything decent. Only have the game a day and I'm tired of this bullshît already.

Is it just me or is this game horrid defensively... It's like Klopp set up all the teams tactically and I get what the poster yesterday was saying about high scoring games I have hardly had any James with less then six goals scored between two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I had a good poke around the various leagues, it seems difficult to build a team for the long term unless you get very lucky in packs.

Bundesliga has no decent ST that has 4 star skills. Serie A lacks good strikers with a bit of pace (bar Mertens who will be very expensive and Gomez who is going to be expensive for a while). La Liga is light on affordable CBs that are tall and have ok pace. BPL prices are insane (you can get Rodrigo for 4K who is very similar to Rashford who is about 30K) but you have lots of options.

Gonna do the hunter story first and decide then on a squad to spend money on. Have around 140k to spend but waiting for Higuain to go down a bit first

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

Can you use app yet, I have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Only played one game so far and the ultimate felt very sluggish compared to the regular game imo.

Maybe it is just novelty element kicking in. Will test tonight in couple of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Where do I access my icon Ronaldo and that? No sign of him. Forgot about him until I encountered him in a game there.

Suffice to say, I pummelled the guy but he had one chance and Chubby Ronaldo rifled in a screamer.

I can't put my finger on it but I'm not liking it, but disliking it so far. Only played 5 games right enough. Colours seem off too.

Advertisement